It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female teenager becomes first Briton to be convicted of trying to join the fight AGAINST ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The 18-year-old was jailed for 21 months.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This news report shows who she wanted to help fight against "ISIS".

edit on 21-11-2015 by Paradeox because: Editing.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This isn't a mainstream news channel site.

You're going to have to give your analysis and opinion on the video. It's in the rules, why can't people read them?

This is just a video and a sentence. We can go to 'any' 'news' site for that, this is ATS where we want to here what you think and critically analyse that.

Please give SOME, ANY input into your own OP. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well I find it interesting that someone has been jailed for trying to fight against ISIS, and I am sharing it to see what other people think.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
He's too young but that wouldn't be jail would it. Mind you haven't watched the video so curious what they're calling a teen.

But it is the way I see UK rule right about now.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Paradeox

Might be because they don't want people coming back and saying stuff like this:

A former currency trader, Macer spent five months in Northern Syria and told BBC Radio 4 he wanted to “shine a light” on the conflict after being “shocked to the core” by the rise of ISIS and the subsequent lack of reaction from the West.

thetab.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
He's too young but that wouldn't be jail would it. Mind you haven't watched the video so curious what they're calling a teen.

But it is the way I see UK rule right about now.

I'm curious what you mean about it being the way you see UK rule, you say you haven't watched the video and the OP has said very little. I'm having a hard time figuring out, given the evidence before me, what you actually mean.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There will be more to follow, Europe is a breeding ground for Terrorists due to the heavy racism that Muslims receive from the public & the media.

One big cycle, which the majority of people are blind to.

Western interests in the ME >
Destabilised by factions which are funded by the West >
Propaganda on our TV's to manipulate the public into thinking all sections of Islam is bad >

Public gets mad, allows for western influence in the ME & becomes vocal about their blinded patriotism >
Muslims in Europe are targets for racism = Home grown terrorist which has been directly created by Western propaganda & wars.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paradeox
Well I find it interesting that someone has been jailed for trying to fight against ISIS, and I am sharing it to see what other people think.

Not really. As I read the story the offence is fighting FOR a different prohibited organisation.
So the fact that the other organisation claims to be against ISIS was not pertinent to the charge.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

What do you find interesting about it?

The fact that an anti Daesh extremist has been jailed or that an anti Daesh would be martyr has been jailed?

For me extremism is extremism and deserves whatever sentence society deems acceptable. I just hope Muslims don't think all non Muslims are extremists.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Teenager becomes first Briton to be convicted of trying to join the fight AGAINST ISIS

Hyperbole.

She is convicted of triying to join the PKK. Her "wanting to fight ISIS" has nothing to do with this case.

ETA:I am not sure how well known the PKK is overseas, so to clarify: The PKK is considered a terrorist organisation by both the UN and the EU. She tried to join/help/aid a terrorist group. That is why she was charged.

edit on 21-11-2015 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Oh yeah? Well just wait until the governments define conspiracy theorists as extremists.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Oh yeah? Well just wait until the governments define conspiracy theorists as extremists.

Okay, I'll await that day.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The OP is misleading. She was charged and convicted with attempting to join and fight with the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), which is a proscribed terrorist organisations in the UK. Just because one terrorist organisation is fighting another does not mean the law should be bent to suit.

Sentencing, Judge Bevan told Ozcelik: "You are a stupid, feckless and deeply dishonest young woman. You have lied to your family and this jury."

Independent
edit on 21/11/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

"My sympathies are very much with the PKK and the Peshmerga and I hope that the legal system will reflect that, and that she gets sensible treatment rather than some absurd punishment."

– BORIS JOHNSON MP, MAYOR OF LONDON

www.itv.com...

new topics

top topics

join