It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Officials taking report about ISIS threat seriously at Philips Arena (Atlanta)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
THIS ISIS terror warning of an attack Sunday night at an Arena event in Atlanta, came directly from the hacking group Anonymous...and it appears the FBI is taking it seriously.

Makes sense, as Anon has been hacking and closing down ISIS social media sites since the Paris attack.

Hopefully, this timely warning from Anonymous will force ISIS to call off anything that may have been planned there this weekend.

ATLANTA — FBI officials have confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that they are taking seriously a report about an ISIS threat at a WWE event in Atlanta on Sunday.

The FBI released the following statement to Channel 2 Action News:

"The FBI is aware of reports of an alleged threat that includes an Atlanta, Georgia venue and event. While we take all threats seriously, we do not have specific or credible information of an attack at this time. We have, however, made the proper notifications as we continue to work closely with our law enforcement and private sector partners to keep our community safe."

The hacker group Anonymous said Saturday that it had uncovered information about Islamic State group attacks in Paris as well as locations in the U.S.

According to an article in the International Business Times:
"Anonymous also said the Islamic State group is planning an assault at the WWE Survivor Series event scheduled to take place in the Philips Arena in Atlanta Sunday at 7.30 p.m. EST, as well as attacks at multiple events in Paris. "

Channel 2's Mark Winne spoke with the director of the Georgia Emergency Management Agency, Jim Butterworth, who said his agency is working closely with the FBI, the Georgia Information Sharing and Analysis Center and others in evaluating the threat on a Sunday WWE event in Atlanta reported by the group Anonymous.

A source tells Winne that the Atlanta Police Department is talking about replanning the WWE event for Sunday.

www.wsbtv.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If true... bravo to anonymous. This is the type of stuff they shoukd be doing with their skills..

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The ripples in the EU media pond have spread all the way here.

Be verrry afraid. ISIS is coming to a town near you.

In the land before internet, I used to read that bomb threats are called in all day to police. I had a scanner once and I could hear it for myself. People are pissed off for various reasons, at banks for foreclosing on loans, at work for firing them, at the government for denying them permits, at the courts for settling their case the 'wrong way', at the police for arresting them 'without cause'.

Imagine all the people out there that are getting some payback, getting some laughs, getting some diversion.

Like ringing the door bell and running or making obscene phone calls, people love to stir the pot for numerous reasons, all day long.

When the bomb goes off that has Assad's DNA on it, I'll listen to this latest ISIS Crisis crap.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling Annon is nothing more than another means to an end for the propaganda machine?

I had hope when 'opdeatheaters' promised to blow the elite pedophile rings wide open......nothing.

Now they just seem to be following the script.

I have no doubt something horrendous is coming, but I feel it is nothing more than the Hegelian Dialectic in action.

Right now they don't dare come into our homes to 'prevent' something. After the next 'big event', people will beg them too.

Have to get the fear level at maximum before said 'event' to get the maximum benefit in reaction.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Apparently, Anon has proof.

The collective published the list of potential targets alongside a statement: "The goal is to make sure the whole world, or at least the people going to these events, know that there have been threats and that there is possibility of an attack to happen. Another goal is to make sure Daesh knows that the world knows and cancels the attacks, which will disorientate them for a while."

The targets listed by Anonymous are as follow:

Cigales Electroniques with Vocodecks, RE-Play & Rawtor at Le Bizen (Paris)
Concrete Invites Drumcode: Adam Beyer, Alan Fitzpatrick, Joel Mull at Concrete (Paris)
Demonstration by Collectif du Droit des Femmes (Paris)
Feast of Christ the King celebrations (Rome/Worldwide)
Al-Jihad, One Day One Juz (Indonesia)
Five Finger Death Punch (Milan)
University Pastoral Day (Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Lebanon)

According to Anonymous: "We only appeared now because our goal was to remain undercover and report everything to the right authorities and let them take all the action. But when authorities do not take action, Anonymous does. This part of the op started last Monday and has [been] and will be active 24 hours a day as long as the op is going on."

Speaking to International Business Times, Anonymous said it had passed proof to the MI5 intelligence agency in the U.K., the CIA and FBI in the U.S., and the Australian government but that it has no plans to release the proof publicly. "If we share the proof [publicly], everyone will start calling it fake because screenshots can be edited and accounts can be deleted. We have purposely not shared account links publicly because they would be shut down immediately and then no one would believe the proof."

Anonymous declared war on the Islamic State group last week, vowing to track it down online as part of its Operation Paris (or OpParis). It has since released a guide for all those looking to take part in the operation, which already has identified tens of thousands of Twitter accounts it said are associated with the militant group while also taking some websites offline. The Islamic State group has responded to the threat by Anonymous, warning of a retaliatory attack on the activist group.

www.ibtimes.com...
edit on 21-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: underline added

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

It makes no sense to me that ISIS would have a laundry list of planned attacks and information anywhere vulnerable to hacking right after Anonymous declares a war on them and successfully shuts down their Twitter accounts.

That they would be so stupid, is very hard to swallow.

I wonder what the intelligence agencies, ISIS, and Anonymous have up their collective sleeve.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The place to watch is the Notre Dame vs Boston College football game being held in FENWAY PARK tonight. Both sides are Christian schools. A stadium full of Christians.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
And...done. Good job, FBI.

FBI: No ‘credible’ info on rumored terrorist attack at Philips Arena

CYA time at the FBI.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So was it just a troll by anonymous?

I mean... WWE survivor series?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Anon also mentions the "Five Finger Death Punch (Milan)"...(whatever that is).

EDIT: Apparently it's a huge concert.
edit on 21-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Maybe it's McMahon trolling his own company. Wouldn't put it past him to try to do something to boost his ratings and get more mouth breathers in seats and buying pay per view.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I suppose the band may be performing there...
not sure what ISIS beef is with them though...

Found it
Link to the concert

edit on 21-11-2015 by TNMockingbird because: clarify link

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I suppose the band may be performing there...
not sure what ISIS beef is with them though...

Found it
Link to the concert

Same with Eagles Of Death Metal in Paris.
BOTH have the word 'Death' in them...so there's that.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I had to google.

After mine youtube viewing.

It's gotta be YUGE!

2:29 check that knitting out!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You're right!

And, after I read my post...I don't get their "beef" with anyone...
It didn't come out the way it did in my head.

It does hold about 3000 people with three dance floors
Alcatraz

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Is it a "Pay PerView" event?
Think about how many people will pay to watch it go down live!?!

Me thinks Vince McMahon may have "Anonymously" devised a plan to make some big money. The perfect venue to release the next big thing on TV. Death fear and panic perfect! The devils at the top have been spoon feeding us our filth long enough... It's time for the feast! Survivor Series.. Hmmmm People said Wrestling is dead...

I hope it's just an empty threat and the people of Atlanta stay safe...
edit on 21-11-2015 by wastedown because: grammar nazi evasion

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
And...done. Good job, FBI.

FBI: No ‘credible’ info on rumored terrorist attack at Philips Arena

CYA time at the FBI.

Taking a threat seriously, investigating, and keeping calm is now CYA time?

Strange.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Think of the composition of the WWE audience. Daesh clearly wants to stop nations from taking Syrian refugees, so make those people who are most afraid and most vocal about rejecting Syrian refugees, hate and fear Syrians even more.

ETA: That doesn't mean it's not a troll but there's logic to a WWE event being a target.
edit on 11/21/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

If Daesh was going to hit those specific targets, most likely they'll change plans.

new topics

top topics

join