It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our universe which is “something” has always existed, with the explanation for it using math.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Our universe is “something” (what we call 1 no matter the size) and not “nothing” (or what we call 0 no matter the size). How did this 1 and 0 appear? They both have to have always existed at the same “time” (our current view of time) to be created at all. Popping into and out of existence for an “infinite” (or our current thought of infinite) loop of time. Once the “infinite” amount of time expired, a new random 1 crosses paths with the first creating a third. Once the third showed up that’s when the real changes began. The other 1 allowed each new encounter with the first 1 to create a third, fourth, fifth, Etc. The fourth, fifth, and all others were created at the “exact” same “time” as the third for an “infinite” loop of time creating new 1’s and 0’s. Once that “infinite” (or our current view of infinite) ran out a new random pattern of 1’s and 0’s started showing up randomly for an “infinite” loop of time and so on….

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

I think of the universe, well, multiverse as a manifestation of will by what humans call God. By the will of this eternal presence the multiverse exists. I do not see how it can have a beginning or and end. Beginnings and endings are only useful to mortal beings as a description. Eternity behind and eternity in front. We are in eternity here and now on a special rock that is a giant bio dome space ship to all intents and purposes. We are no particular place in time. Time is a human construct. If one was eternally conscious time would in fact be irrelevant.

Numbers tell us quite clearly there is no end. Recurring numbers: If I was to express 0.00000... and put a 1 in when I had run out of 0s I would never in eternity run out of 0s.

Same with partitioning: Slicing a cake in half never effectively stops. When would we hypothetically come to the two halves both being nothing? Both sides will always be something. Time and space are both eternal. No end to the macrocosm, no end to the microcosm, no beginning and no end. We, my fellow ATS peeps, are living here and now in that arrangement. Unfortunately our present human selves can only maintain form biologically for a blink of an eye in this eternity. Even the material earth can only hold its form for a blinking of a bigger eye. The sun is here and gone in a flash as are galaxies compared to the eternal theatre pillared by time and space where matter performs its constant re arrangement of structure conforming to some established "law" (for want of a better word) we humans are trying to grasp to comprehend.

"O dark dark dark. They all go into the dark,
The vacant interstellar spaces, the vacant into the vacant,
The captains, merchant bankers, eminent men of letters,
The generous patrons of art, the statesmen and the rulers,
Distinguished civil servants, chairmen of many committees,
Industrial lords and petty contractors, all go into the dark,
And dark the Sun and Moon, and the Almanach de Gotha
And the Stock Exchange Gazette, the Directory of Directors,
And cold the sense and lost the motive of action.
And we all go with them, into the silent funeral,
Nobody's funeral, for there is no one to bury.
I said to my soul, be still, and let the dark come upon you
Which shall be the darkness of God. As, in a theatre,
The lights are extinguished, for the scene to be changed
With a hollow rumble of wings, with a movement of darkness on darkness"

from TS Eliot's "East Coker" Poem. I highly recommend anyone interested to read this amazing poem. Indeed, read the whole of the "Four Quartets". You will find a unique wisdom not found anywhere else reading this Anglo American poet from the early Twentieth Century.

edit on 21-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Cool.

I tried to follow along.

1 = Matter
0 = Antimatter

They annihilate each other into the "infinite". This annihilation generates an energy that is left behind to "exist". Energy that grows out of these interactions develop bonds, procedurally generating a larger and more complex "existence".

The energy left behind accumulates, thus increasing the ability to attract more energy. As energy levels fluctuate, so do the properties of the 1's they generate. As the energy collects, it begins to swell and the 1's become so heavy, that they collapse on themselves.

The black hole created during this process and it's energy, becomes so great that it begins to interact with the very "infinite" from which it originally came. This allows more interactions to take place between the "infinite" and the accumulation of 1's (matter), already in "existence".

Black holes are like network hubs throughout the Universe that generate a continual interaction between 1's and 0's adding a random chaotic spin to our "existence". While not a "creator", they do develop the ability to give and take "existence" acting as a doorway to the "infinite". Or not.

edit on 21-11-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Cake analogy is false you can only half a material object down to a pair of single molecules of the substance
beyond that is ceases to be that substance so an end is effectively found.

while i can except that the "universe" may be for all intense and purpose be effectively infinite
the matter within it certainly is not.
edit on 21/11/15 by ShayneJUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Once the “infinite” amount of time expired,

This caught on my brain, as by definition, 'infinite time' cannot end or run out.

But as we are'something' ('we' is us, the universe(s) and everything), then it's far more likely the state of 'something' has always been, as something appearing from nothing isn't very likely... however in an infinite timeline, something could've appeared from nothing, and did, assuming it started from nothing, and assuming there is the merest chance of something popping out of nothing.

But it seems more likely, for my own limited brain, anyway, that some thing always existed... rather than something emerging from nothing.

I'm off to have eggs for breakfast and must conjure a chicken first...
edit on 11/21/2015 by Baddogma because: cleaned up for charity.. .and/or clarity

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

So you can safely say you know what the smallest particle is?

No! You do not and neither do I. There is such a thing as half a quark. Yes it is meaningless in terms of matter as humans see it, but it is still there. If a quark exists then half of it can be apportioned HYPOTHETICALLY. Is a quark the smallest particle? I am willing to bet it is made of a myriad infinite number of components we will never truly fathom because it is infinite. That is my theory of matter. Humans see an illusion in their own perception and as you quite rightly state one that starts to break down very quickly once we observe it in detail. However, just because it is in our perception meaningless does not stop it from being.

"Quarks are one type of matter particle. Most of the matter we see around us is made from protons and neutrons, which are composed of quarks. There are six quarks, but physicists usually talk about them in terms of three pairs: up/down, charm/strange, and top/bottom."

I am beginning to see matter as something altogether different to what we humans think it as. We keep looking to find its smaller components yet we will just keep coming up with more names for what we discover. If we gave them numbers for names the numbers would go on into infinity. This is my theory.

How can things stop getting smaller?

If you have found where the smallest particle is then tell us all about it. We thought the atom was the smallest particle once. It is my theory that it never stops getting smaller in exactly the same way as it never stops getting bigger. It is not possible for it to end. Time has no beginning and no end. Space has no beginning and no end. Matter has no end in its smallness. It appears to form finite brief structures of shapes with a certain volume. Yet the smaller we get we see that matter is all linked. Nothing is independent truly of anything else. Every material structure is interacting constantly with other structures. Matter keeps assuming transient mortal structures. No structure ever stands still.

Ok, keep hunting for the smallest particle. It will be lots of fun Alice In Wonderland.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Cool.

I tried to follow along.

1 = Matter
0 = Antimatter

They annihilate each other into the "infinite". This annihilation generates an energy that is left behind to "exist". Energy that grows out of these interactions develop bonds, procedurally generating a larger and more complex "existence". The energy left behind accumulates, thus increasing the ability to attract more energy. As energy levels fluctuate, so do the properties of the 1's they generate. As the energy collects, it begins to swell and eventually become to heavy, that it collapses. The black hole created during the process and it's energy, becomes so great that it begins to interact with the very "infinite" from which it originally came. This allows more interactions to take place between the "infinite" and the accumulation of 1's (matter), already in "existence". Black holes are like network hubs throughout the Universe that generate a continual interaction between 1's and 0's adding a random chaotic spin to our "existence". While not a "creator", they do develop the ability to give and take "existence" acting as a doorway to the "infinite". Or not.

Your example is just 1 of an infinite number of combinations.

Think of the 1 as "potential" energy that never reaches it current definition of 1 (which in reality it really can't reach 1). Just like the "potential" energy, the "nothing" will never reach the true definition of 0. Both are in a state of changing from 1 to 0 or 0 to 1. Neither are annihilated but rather coexist in the exact same place and time, only able to be seen from the 1 side or the 0 but not both. Once this goes on for an "infinite" amount of time, another "potential" energy interacts with the first and creates the rest of the energy in 1 instance an "infinite" number of times. This keeps repeating an infinite number of times.

So the "start" of the universe would be the lowest 0 and the highest 1 in the same spot at the same time (an explosion of the highest 1 coming into existence). It was never really "nothing" but it also wasn't always "something" it just was there. This is done an "infinite" number of times. What created the potential energy in the first place is created again and interacts with the first potential energy an "infinite" number of times. Once all possible combinations or an "infinite" number of combinations have been formed another random "infinite" set starts over again.

Our "matter", "antimatter", and universe is just a set of an "infinite" universes all created at the exact same time again and again. Like an infinite number of snapshots of a book but only viewable on each page not all pages at once.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShayneJUK
Cake analogy is false you can only half a material object down to a pair of single molecules of the substance
beyond that is ceases to be that substance so an end is effectively found.

while i can except that the "universe" may be for all intense and purpose be effectively infinite
the matter within it certainly is not.

"My recent research focuses on searching for evidence that quarks are made up of even smaller stuff by probing these tiny distance scales. The unprecedented energy of the LHC allows us to probe smaller distances than ever before: about 1/20,000 the size of the proton. In my next post, I’ll describe how we actually do this and tell you what we have found."
(Jim Hirschauer | USLHC | USA)

See, Jim is way down the rabbit hole seeing just how small Alice did get. No physicist would say I was essentially wrong. They just keep finding smaller and smaller.

I think Quantum Physics will discover much in the way of co dependence. They are finding that particles can relate over huge distances indeed, appearing to show interactions that communicate faster than light travels (apparently). They are finding that some particles under certain conditions can exist in two places at once. See how classical physics is being superseded by Quantum Physics.

Neutrinos are subatomic particles produced by the decay of radioactive elements and are elementary particles that lack an electric charge, or, as F. Reines would say, "...the most tiny quantity of reality ever imagined by a human being".

Some physics speculate neutrinos may be able to travel faster than light. Light may be the floor and not the ceiling of their speed capabilities.

So, what are neutrinos made of? Don't know yet, Einstein!

From en.wikipedia.org...

"A hypothetical particle with imaginary rest mass would always travel faster than the speed of light. Such particles are called tachyons." This is purely hypothetical.

Tachyons, Captain!

TS Eliot said that the end is in the beginning and the beginning in the end. Quantum poet. I rest my case, lol.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I believe the problem lies in what we have been taught what 1 and 0 are. Once you can break the barrier that you can never reach 1 and never reach 0 you can understand things more easily. There are an "infinite" number of smaller particles just as there are an "infinite" number of particles larger. We are "infinite" to a single blood cell inside our bodies just as the universe is "infinite" to us.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

When you assume what you want to find to be true, it is easy to come up with an explanation for it. That is not how mathematical proof works.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSource
Our universe is “something” (what we call 1 no matter the size) and not “nothing” (or what we call 0 no matter the size). How did this 1 and 0 appear? They both have to have always existed at the same “time” (our current view of time) to be created at all. Popping into and out of existence for an “infinite” (or our current thought of infinite) loop of time. Once the “infinite” amount of time expired, a new random 1 crosses paths with the first creating a third. Once the third showed up that’s when the real changes began. The other 1 allowed each new encounter with the first 1 to create a third, fourth, fifth, Etc. The fourth, fifth, and all others were created at the “exact” same “time” as the third for an “infinite” loop of time creating new 1’s and 0’s. Once that “infinite” (or our current view of infinite) ran out a new random pattern of 1’s and 0’s started showing up randomly for an “infinite” loop of time and so on….

Using numbers doesn't explain the universe. Numbers belong to a concept and concepts are created by the human ego in order to facilitate a world that we somewhat understand.

Being and non-being would be closer to the truth, yet still comes short due to the usage of human words to describe it.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSource
a reply to: Revolution9

I believe the problem lies in what we have been taught what 1 and 0 are. Once you can break the barrier that you can never reach 1 and never reach 0 you can understand things more easily. There are an "infinite" number of smaller particles just as there are an "infinite" number of particles larger. We are "infinite" to a single blood cell inside our bodies just as the universe is "infinite" to us.

Yes I am in your camp and enjoying this imaginative speculation very much. We are both talking in terms of theory and speculation. Physicists need to see it in equations.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If the universe is one thing then there can't be everything, which is necessarily more than one thing. Since the universe is not a thing, but everything, it is therefor nothing.
edit on 21-11-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

You can use rice, beads, sticks, houses, suns, numbers, whatever you want to give a value to the universe. Like it or not the universe is "something" or a stick, a house, a sun, a piece of rice but it still holds a value of 1 (or the closest thing we can call a 1). Just like when you have no stick, house or rice its still a value of 0 (or again the closet thing we can call a 0). we didn't "create" values or numbers they created themselves by being "something" or "nothing".

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The Multi Dimensional Universal Construct is one that is used to justify the existence of everything we think we know. Math? Where did this concept of numbers originate? Which Universe?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Lets say we had spaceships that could travel just under the speed of light and you said I'm going to the end of the universe. The universe in relation to our spaceship is "infinite". You could get in your spaceship and never reach the end so in your eyes the universe is "infinite" and "something" so it is a 1. However outside our universe it is only the size of an atom (or any infinite number of particles) filled with other universe atoms. outside our universe it is actually really small. Then all these atom universes are actually explosions inside a "sun" in a "larger" universe than ours. This goes on for an "infinite" number of times. This creates an "infinite" number of different universes outside our universe which above those universes it is actually part of another type of universe.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You could get in your spaceship and never reach the end so in your eyes the universe is "infinite" and "something" so it is a 1.

If it is 1, or 1 thing, or a something, it has a boundary and is finite.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You could get in your spaceship and never reach the end so in your eyes the universe is "infinite" and "something" so it is a 1.

Finite? Not really. The Casimir Effect explains why empty space isn't empty. At the quantum scale, space is a writhing, frantic, ever-changing foam, with particles popping into existence and disappearing in infinitely small time scales. This is not just a theoretical idea—it's confirmed.
So, even if space had zero energy, it would be perfectly OK for a little energy to pop into existence for a tiny split second.
I think what the OP is saying, is that given certain conditions, a certain outcome has a certain probability. If you think this is a valid definition of cause, then the cause of the universe shouldn't be a problem.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Correct however our definition of 1 is incorrect from the way we have been taught. 1 has no "size". There are an "infinite" combination of numbers between 0 and 1 so 1 is "infinite" and everything in the middle is also "infinite" however you can never reach the second "infinite" (1). It does exist but there is another "infinite" surrounding it so it might be a 1 to us but a .01 outside. You can never reach 1 just as you can never reach 0. Both exist at the same time in the same place but only seen through the 1 or 0 not both and viewed differently outside our universe.

Added- If you can view this concept of 1 having no size than inside our 1 universe we are expanding but outside our universe we are actually shrinking but we can only view the expanding not the shrinking unless we were outside our universe. So we are a 1 inside and a 0 outside but never reaching the end of either but existing in the same place at the same time as both.
edit on 21-11-2015 by LightSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
A bit confusing but I think I get what you're saying. If there is something then there must be nothing as well. Just like with big and small, what is one without the other to compare it to?

The nothing is within the something and vice versa. Everything we see is virtually empty space, yet within that virtually empty space is everything. If nothing and everything exist together simultaneously, then so do the beginning and end. If the beginning and end exist simultaneously then there can only be eternity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join