It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels in lock down , Active threat of 'Imminent' Terror Threat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Reports that the capital is in lock down with police and troops on the streets , the city's Metro system has been shutdown for the day with intelligent suggesting and Paris style attack is imminent.

It comes after a meeting of top ministers, police and security services in the city, which is also home to the headquarters of the European Union and NATO.

A spokesman for the country's crisis centre said: "Following our latest evaluation... the centre has raised its terror alert to level 4, signifying a very serious threat, for the Brussels region.

"The analysis shows a serious and imminent threat requiring specific security measures as well as detailed recommendations to the population."

Sky's Enda Brady, who is in Brussels, said he has been told three quarters of the shops in some areas have been closed.
news.sky.com...

edit on 21-11-2015 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Sorry, already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Ddrneville

Doh !!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The other thread has been dead for an hour.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Neysa

There doesn't seem to be much to report, it appears to be a waiting game. Hopefully there will BE nothing to report.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Orwell anyone?

The house to house searches will commence next due to the 'threat'. Be good citizens and don't struggle.
This is for YOUR safety and security.

We will thank them for our enslavement

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The propaganda machine is at full throttle here recently. I turned on the news the other day just to see what was being said (I hardly ever watch the news) and it was nothing but ISIS fear mongering.

What is ISIS' main goal? To instill as much fear in as many people as possible. Seems like the MSM is giving them a helping hand.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Or we might thank them for not allowing our family or friends to die in a horrific attack. Nope, that doesn't happen does it?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What is ISIS' main goal? To instill as much fear in as many people as possible. Seems like the MSM is giving them a helping hand.

How else are they going to justify invading Syria? It hasn't been going well there, Russian airstrikes threaten to undo years of clandestine, covert operations.

NATO's eastern half is finally getting on board. A French carrier has arrived on station and is lending support to the air campaign, what comes after softening up by air?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Or we might thank them for not allowing our family or friends to die in a horrific attack. Nope, that doesn't happen does it?

The horrific attack is ongoing in the Middle East, namely Syria.

Indistrial war machine grinds on

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The propaganda machine is at full throttle here recently. I turned on the news the other day just to see what was being said (I hardly ever watch the news) and it was nothing but ISIS fear mongering.

ISIS! ISIS! ISIS!

Turning on the news seems so familiar

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What should the security services do then? What should happen? In the face of an imminent attack, what should be done?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

All attacks against all peace loving people is barbaric. But no response from the authorities would be simply ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I can protect myself thank you.

Enjoy your enslavemen.......I mean FREEDOM!

I don't know what scares me more, your comment or the propaganda that groomed it.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
They shouldn't over react. Spinning up the war rhetoric is exactly what happened in the US after 911.

Syria isn't responsible for this attack any more than Iraq was to blame for 911. The media should be applying calm, not ratcheting up the fear. They are on such a hair trigger over there, a few firecrackers make them panic like lemmings.

The media is directly responsible for the hair trigger fear the people of Europe are experiencing.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I would say stay at home and defend it instead of going overseas but that would make me look like I don't care about the people in other parts of the world who are being attacked. They've really set up a win win for themselves it seems like. I have no idea what they should do, but i know invading homes isn't one of those things.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I can protect myself thank you.

Enjoy your enslavemen.......I mean FREEDOM!

I don't know what scares me more, your comment or the propaganda that groomed it.

Oh stop it, it isn't big and it isn't funny. A government has the duty to protect its people and that is what has happened in this case. The rest is John Wayne bullcrap mixed with Orwellian nightmare conspiracy theory.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

They did respond, the authorities took out the bad guys, the event is over. They should be on alert quietly, not instilling panic. Soldiers on every corner, the media playing the event over and again, theres your sign.

They got plans, plans they need the people to gladly go along with. Since the coming war is also going to be unjust, they also need people to be afraid of their own government more than they fear the terrorists.

Just in case they think about revolting.

See any pattern? Stosh is right on about Orwell's 1984.

Ever see Brazil?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Orwell seems to have been pretty accurate in "1984" as far as today's society goes. It's not a conspiracy theory, it's fact. There are people in this world who want us afraid and gullible and those people are the same ones behind ISIS.

If you honestly think ISIS is totally independent of those who shape world events, you're either in denial or just ignorant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join