It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt (and everyone else) laughing at obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Great video of what I assume this to be a fair representation of the opinion of the middle eastern people. And btw...I am still not surprised how Obama is still president...unless someone takes him out [to lunch] he will pile drive the country to third world status before his term is up...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logman
Right wing hate of Obama is so thick you can actually taste it.

It's not just right wing. You really can't put a label on this. It doesn't take an ideology to want someone strong in the white house. But it does take an ideology to keep singing Obama's praises.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The real shocker would be if they were not laughing.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: Dr UAE

In the video, one guy is shown giving a hug to whom?

as i said before the translation you are reading has nothing to do with what they are talking about , this video is highly edited and trimmed so many times , clips from here and there , they mention shah of Iran , ISIS , the Ameer of Qatar his mother and Libya , and no hugs were done in the processes.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
One thing he said really bugs me...well, everything he says bugs me, but... He said climate change is an immediate threat to global security. Immediate? Is it going to happen this afternoon? He cant find a more immediate threat than climate change? Geez....

Because it is a threat to global security. The Pentagon even put out a report on it. Weather patterns are changing, droughts are increasing in severity in places whilst floods get worse in others. Syria partly kicked off because drought has been forcing farmers into the cities. Populations are moving. You think that things are bad now? Wait until the unrest over water sources in the Middle East kick off.

EDIT: Here's a link to a report on the Pentagon report.

I have said numerous times that we live in a water economy, not an oil economy. I know water is the biggest threat we face. But I do not agree that global warming is the cause, nor do I agree that it is "our most immediate" threat, as king obama stated. Global warming isnt going to happen this afternoon. It is a slow process that takes decades if not centuries to occur. Will tides rise? Yes. Will shorelines change? Yes. Will land be overcome by rising water levels? Yes. Is it our most immediate threat? Not even close.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakesidepark

Your statement needs clarification.

Middle America centrist disgust for what Obama has done to subvert this nation, destroy our economy, make enemies of all our allies, and instigate this horrific flood of refugees onto European countries with his actions to destroy any remaining semblance of government in multiple countries, is finally being expressed openly and truthfully.

Right-wing hate indeed....you troll much?

Your statement needs Thorazine.

- Destroyed our economy? The 'Great Recession' started in December of 2007.
- Made enemies of all our allies? Produce a list of enemies that used to be allies?
- Instigated the flood of refugees by destroying governments? Which governments were destroyed by the US after Obama became President?

"Middle America centrist disgust for what Obama has done to subvert this nation"

No. Middle American wingnuts lost their s# before he was even sworn into office. You'd like to pretend now in typical right-wing revisionist history fashion that there's a cause and effect relationship between the abject hatred for Obama and what he's actually done. In reality, it was likely Clinton supporters in the 2008 campaign that launched birtherism which the frothy-mouthed not-centrists were all too eager to launch into a sort of full-blown mass hysteria, the symptoms of which still persist.

Back in the real world, Obama is actually fairly typical of the neoliberal establishment leaders that have been leading this country and many other Western nations since the 80's.

EDIT to add:

Also, it bears mention that the video around which this thread was based is actually not so clever satire and not news.
edit on 2015-11-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

a reply to: Flatfish

I don't think the thread is intended to debate climate change. It is meant to speak to how the world sees Obama and, by unintended association, all of the people of the US.

Hell, at least Obama talked about climate change in the video.

Now, it looks like it's ObamaCare that's causing the rub.

Go figure!

No one said its obamacare and you know it. obamacare is just one more way to disprove anything this so-called world leader says about anything. It amazes me that people can see and hear the results of his signature legislation compared to what he promised repeatedly to get it passed, that has been blatantly proven to be one of the biggest mistakes ever made and sure to cause far more harm than it ever does good, and still try so hard to believe that its just one isolated thing and not representative of his entire administration. If he says the sun is shining, bring an umbrella. If he says its hot out side, wear a winter coat. If he says you can keep your insurance plan, start shopping for a new one. If he says you can keep your doctor, start looking for a new GP. If he says global warming is our most immediate threat you can bet your a$$ it is something else.

The man is a joke and as long as he continues to run this country we are all a joke on the world stage. He was a liar and a failure in Chicago. He was a liar and a failure in the senate. And he is a liar and a failure as a president.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

It's not just right wing.

Yes, it is the Right Wing that takes their hatred for Obama and the Left to extreme levels.

You really can't put a label on this.

Yes, you can. It's called blind hatred.

It doesn't take an ideology to want someone strong in the white house.

True, but it takes an ignorant ideology to believe that Obama is the worst thing to happen to this country and use the hateful rhetoric they have against him. Has he been the greatest president? No, but he hasn't been the worst.

But it does take an ideology to keep singing Obama's praises.

Who's doing that? I don't see anyone singing his praises. It's that too many people believe that of you aren't demonizing the man that they are singing his praises.

That's absurd.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

May be Barak Obama will have the last laugh of all. He will walk away from this Presidency without a tortured soul and no particular country crying out for his arrest for war crimes. I think baby Jesus will like Obama, too, because he tried hard not to play the war card. "Blessed are the peacemakers..." and we all know what blessing they receive.

Big respect President Obama. The President who tried to be kind (a thankless task for a politician
a reply to: Revolution9

With the state of the world, our economy, and the impending dead of the dollar, he sits laughing in a chair paid for on the backs of his employers and dead bodies he has caused on his watch.

Jesus does not reside where Obama resides now and in the afterlife.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

* yawn *

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The man is a joke and as long as he continues to run this country we are all a joke on the world stage. He was a liar and a failure in Chicago. He was a liar and a failure in the senate. And he is a liar and a failure as a president.

What did he do in Chicago that makes you say he was a failure.

What did he do in the senate that makes you say he was a failure?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

* yawn *

I agree. These topics are pretty boring considering that anyone with a lick of sense knows what the Right Wing is going to say and what rhetoric will be used.

It's almost as if they all say the same things, over and over.

Damn brainwashing!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Revisionist history...something liberals excel at.

Does anyone remenber the liberal mantra?

Yes we can
'Yes we can
Maybe we can
Maybe we can
Maybe we cant
Maybe we cant
Its Bush's fault
Its Bush's fault
Its Bush's fault

repeat ad nauseam - to the point of inducing nausea - a point you passed years ago

king obama has yet, after seven years, to pass a balanced budget plan, yet he can blame Bush for the current economy at the drop of a hat...any hat.

Under king obama national debt increased 15% more in only his first term than it did during the entire 8 year GWB administration. Clinton didn't create a great economy. He inherited one from Reagan and Bush. It was the clinton administrations failed economic policies that led to later downturns.

Yes, middle America got their s**t riled before king obama took office. Its not because we are racist, its because we knew this was going to happen. You don't elect a world leader because its "time for a black president". You don't elect a world leaders because its "time for a woman president". Skin color and gender are not a basis for election to the highest off ice the land. Conservatives seem to understand that fairly simple piece of logic. You elect the best person for the job, regardless of who it is. Its ok to vote for a black man. Its to vote for a woman. But that should be incidental to the vote, not the main reason.

Get your s**t together liberals, and maybe, just maybe, we can scrape enough votes together to get the right person into office for a change.

Can you see the relevance of the thread yet...? Or are you still wearing the "attack the republicans" goggles?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

* yawn *

I agree. These topics are pretty boring considering that anyone with a lick of sense knows what the Right Wing is going to say and what rhetoric will be used.

Damn brainwashing!

Please tell me you see the irony in your statement.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

OK, Now I see and I stand corrected.

ObamaCare is not the rub.

It's ObamaPhobia!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
king obama is getting outclassed and schooled left and right.

Russia just offered to send an Alsatian puppy as a display of solidarity to France to replace Diesel, the police dog killed by the terrorist bomb.

Meanwhile king obama is working on weather reports, and hillary says islam has nothing to do with terror. And liberals wonder why we get so ticked off... Is it really that hard to figure out guys?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

OK, Now I see and I stand corrected.

ObamaCare is not the rub.

It's ObamaPhobia!

Sorry, but you are not going to try to empower yourself by asserting fear in me. I am not the least bit afraid of that fool, or you.

Have a nice diurnal anomaly.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

* yawn *

Damn brainwashing!

Please tell me you see the irony in your statement.

Well said.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

True, but it takes an ignorant ideology to believe that Obama is the worst thing to happen to this country and use the hateful rhetoric they have against him. Has he been the greatest president? No, but he hasn't been the worst.

Okay, it's a toss-up with Jimmy Carter.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

(Ahem) Clinton actually built the US economy quite well, especially as he inherited a recession from GHWB. He also put the US economy on the path to a budget surplus. You want to see economic stupidity? Go and look at Dubya. He blew that projected surplus on two wars, one of which was based on a stack of lies so high that you can see the Alps from Manhattan on it, he put in place a set of tax cuts that only really benefitted corporations and very rich people, his job creation numbers were deeply crummy and then he signed off on TARP. That 15% increase in the debt that you blame on Obama? That was TARP. Ironically TARP had to be signed because otherwise the US economy would have fallen into the kind of abyss that still makes economists go pale need a toilet fast. And it wouldn't have been as bad if only Bush had had a clue about decent regulation for the financial industry and not listened to the cretins who witter on about the invisible hand of the market. Dubya was not the best person for the job. Where will history place Dubya? It's too early to say. But it sure as hell will probably be in the lower third of the list, if not lower.
And by the way, stop saying 'king Obama'. You could say the same thing of every damn President. And the man who dealt with the depression from hell, who finally got a decent(ish) form of healthcare in place, who didn't screw up a major hurricane hitting a major US city and who repealed DADT isn't doing at all badly in my book.
And yes, I am a Liberal. You know why? I care about other people. And it's not a term of derision. It's a badge of damn honour.

edit on 21-11-2015 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join