It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to add a Burka and Koran to our arsenal of survival gear?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Exitt

So you can't find a verse, admittedly know little and haven't got a verse, and won't look for a verse...

Enjoy the stars for calling me a liar.

Apology rejected.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Yes Muslims lie, Ive not said anything different...
Surely they are not Muslims then?
I hear all this talk that as soon as one becomes a terrorist with Daesh then they are no longer Muslims because the are not following the written faith?
...from what I gather it seems that good little Western Muslims who become indoctrinated by Daesh suddenly stop being Muslims when they break the written rules? So a lying Muslim by the same rules can not be a Muslim then?
Wow the rabbit hole is deep here, basically only people who follow the rules are Muslims then, nice get out of jail card for the wider Muslim community there.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes Muslims lie, Ive not said anything different...

What I have stated is that nowhere in the Quran is it permissible to lie to a non-believer for whatever reason I so decide.

Liars receive no guidance from Allah.
That is what the Quran says. Vehemently, numerous times in fact.

Terrorists don't own lying. Everyone, every religion does. Politicians do it daily and we eat it up. Don't know why some get bent out of shape for Muslims lying. Christians aren't exactly honest either.

Hell, neither am I.

Our leaders are lying about ISIS who lie about what they want and will do, and nations lie about what they will do to ISIS.

But to the topic, the only "quote" any potential cowardly murderer will get from me is a blood curdling scream of rage.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So, maybe its the hedith books that are creating these radicals?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Sorry. My rucksack does not have any more room and I am not letting-go of the TP.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
when all hell breaks loose in the United states I wouldn't want to be wearing any type of garment regarding the connection with Daesh and Islam Islamic muslim head covering. im sorry to say but it would be like wearing a set of antlers out in the woods on dear season........open season.
and before im bashed.... for the record I have lots of muslim friends that don't wear the head gear you wouldn't evan know they were muslim.
i just wouldn't want to stand out in the United states wearing a Burka and Koran or face mask

edit on 21-11-2015 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

a reply to: misskat1

The Hadith, personally I haven't the slightest clue, I am a Quranist...

I read a couple of Hadith and they sounded like the works of psychopaths, I didn't waste much more of my time with them.

Oh Charlie, i like your username but what?? are you talking about? You are a Quranist, meaning a small branche of islam, meaning a sect and you are trying to teach people about Hadith. That is not cool.

Hadiths are second only to the Quran in developing Islamic jurisprudence and regarded as important tools for understanding the Quran and commentaries (tafsir) on it

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Last post on this as its off topic and irrelevant...

"The word "al-Taqiyya” literally means: "Concealing or disguising one’s beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions, and/or strategies at a time of eminent danger, whether now or later in time, to save oneself from physical and/or mental injury.”

Shiite source, I am no and never have been Shia, I am Quranist;
www.al-islam.org...

I'm done with this BS.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The same can be said of all religions.
Who could be appointed as any authority regarding religion?
Religion is a personal way of living in my opinion, and people will always use it as an excuse to justify their deeds regardless of common sense.
Those people, that I'm referring to, haven't understood their religion in the first place, if they distort it to act in a violent and oppressive manner.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Books written 200 years after the Prophet's death need no explanation, common sense says to disregard such nonsense.
Especially when so many of them contradict the Quran.

Especially when the Allah says the Quran is complete...

Especially when the Quran says accept no other written works...

Yes I reject them and teach others these above aforementioned tidbits because they're relevant in understanding Islam at it's source.

Not what men thought about Islam 2 centuries later.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Shiite source, I am no and never have been Shia, I am Quranist;
Are Shia's not Muslim enough for you? Do you even consider them Muslim? Perhaps the ones who follow the rules, they can be called Muslim yes?

Anyone who believes in the Islamic faith but doesn't follow the rules are not Muslim?
You know, the same argument which is trying to disassociate Islam completely from Daesh, nothing to do with Muslims.

I'll tell you this much though, Daesh, Taleban, Boko Haram, have absolutely # all to do with any other religion such as Christianity, Sikhism and Zoroastrianism. It's strange how only 'former' Muslims join these terrorist groups.
Very strange, I wonder why Daesh is only made up of 'former' Muslims.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

So, maybe its the hedith books that are creating these radicals?

That is my belief, Kat.

They're extreme.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You're discussing something that I haven't even alluded to, let alone said outright.

Muslim or not, ISIS are scum, and I'll continue to believe that.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79

The same can be said of all religions.
Who could be appointed as any authority regarding religion?
Religion is a personal way of living in my opinion, and people will always use it as an excuse to justify their deeds regardless of common sense.
Those people, that I'm referring to, haven't understood their religion in the first place, if they distort it to act in a violent and oppressive manner.

I agree and according to me nobody is an authority on religion, but hey i'm an atheist, what do i know right?

As you can see here people are denouncing 20% of their own religious people because of another denomination. That goes way further than i wanna argue.

Let us make some tea and forget about it.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Muslim or not, ISIS are scum, and I'll continue to believe that.
I agree Daesh are scum, just wondering why ALL those who join them from Western nations are 'former' Muslims, not any other religion.
Of course we are also told that there is absolutely no connection with Islam, just maybe coincidence there are no folk 'formally' identifying with other faiths in their ranks. Strange isn't it.

Anyway, didn't you get the memo, we call them Daesh these days, this is to remove any possible perceived identification with the Islamic faith using acronyms such as IS/ISIL/ISIS.
The correct way forward is for us to consider them as terrorist scum who 'could' be from all manner of religious faith.
Strange how in reality it's only 'former' Muslims signing up for them though.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I am neither a believer or non believer in the idea they're Muslims...

I'm sure many of them join in Friday salat...

I'm sure many of them have eaten a bacon sarnie...

I know they follow certain passages of the Quran & Hadith...

I also know they've contradicted the Quran & Hadith...

It's irrelevant to me...

What is relevant is educating people against ISIS and destroying the ideology as well as the perps.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

the idea is to cause a hesitation among the Jihadists if you are ever cornered... a Koran or garment might just give you time enough to whip out that shotgun or other weapon and neutralize the thug(s) in front of you...

good thinking on what-to-do for survival....

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

What is relevant is educating people against ISIS and destroying the ideology as well as the perps.

Right on and you have my blessing.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
No joke, I was watching a show yesterday that had a security expert interview. He says any future travel to Europe, it may be prudent to memorize a few passages from the Koran in addition to your passport.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

It seems to me, it boils down to the sect of Muslim you are a part of. These Jihadists are no respecter of persons, they seem to mow down their brother Muslims just as quick as any other religion.

www.dailysabah.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join