It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to add a Burka and Koran to our arsenal of survival gear?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That was so nice of you to put up those passages from the Quran. It seemed protective.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Exitt

Quote the verse please.

Or retract that statement.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

"Disguising one's self as the enemy is a common tactic used for thousands of years to infiltrate or save ones life. Fortunately, I don't think my lifestyle would be jeopardized by Islamic terrorists but should it change, I would change some of my ideas and actions to survive."

Yes, Yes, that is really the whole point of my OP.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: djz3ro

She identified with the Islamic faith fella.
Not a very good example of a Muslim but she identified with the faith, not Christianity or Sikhism lol.
Try again.

She aided Daesh yes but if she was converted to their bastardization of Islam it was a very quick conversion, it wasn't all that long ago she was a good time girl

If she was only converted recently, it only shows what an insidious radical political ideology and cult this so-called 'religion' is. Islam is not a religion, it is a form of violence subjected upon billions of people to control them and conquer the world.

Were it not for the French peoples in 732 (ref. Charles Martel), there would probably be no Europe, nor U.S., as that continent would have been totally controlled by these fascist bigoted sexist backwards peoples centuries before any people could have made it across the pond. Slavery would be rampant across the continents. Abuse of women and little boys would be the norm, not a crime. Torture and beheadings would be public-square entertainment.

Oh what a wonderful world it would be.....NOT.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

"And, do not cloak (and confuse) the truth with falsehood. Do not suppress the truth knowingly."

"And the fifth (oath) (should be) that they solemnly invoke the curse of God on themselves if they tell a lie."

"Yea, in their own (eyes) will become manifest what before they concealed. But if they were returned, they would certainly relapse to the things they were forbidden, for they are indeed liars."

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Saying 'no' doesn't make anyone a 'tough guy'. It's not about being tough, but trying to gain some balance and perspective. Maybe if I lived in a village which had been taken over and was being controlled by IS, then I would have no choice but that hasn't happened anywhere in the Western world, nor is it likely to.
I still have a choice and my choice would be 'no'.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Thanks, lady.

❤️

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Which 'tough guys' do you refer to? Do you have intimate knowledge of the survival/life experiences of other ATS members perhaps?

So why keep a spare burkha in our preps then? Why learn key Islamic phrases?
I thought y'all are saying that Daesh is not an Islamic problem?

A couple of people on this thread who wrote they would never ever ever.....until they're in the middle of a dangerous situation trying to come up with a plan, those people.

And i don't know if y'all have been saying daesh is not an islamic problem but i personally don't agree with that statement.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You gonna quote that verse, or just sit back and collect stars for calling me a liar with nothing to back it up?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

It says nowhere in the Quran we can lie steal and cheat to save our lives...

It says we can conceal our faith.

Like someone would conceal pregnancy for the first couple of months...

Or conceal that they've been to the doctors...

Not to lie when asked outright.

Just an FYI.

The religion of Peace

Qur'an (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie.

Qur'an (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie.

Qur'an (3:28) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves" against danger, meaning that there are times when a Muslim may appear friendly to non-Muslims, though they should not feel that way..

Qur'an (9:3) - "...Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters..." The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.

Qur'an (40:28) - A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must "hide his faith" among those who are not believers.

Qur'an (2:225) - "Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts" The context of this remark is marriage, which explains why Sharia allows spouses to lie to each other for the greater good.

Qur'an (3:54) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means 'deceit'. If Allah is supremely deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 and 10:21)

Taken collectively these verses are interpreted to mean that there are circumstances when a Muslim may be "compelled" to deceive others for a greater purpose.

Just another FYI.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Terrorists lie. Suicide bombers lie. Murdering cowards lie.

Since they profess Muslim faith, it is assumed that Muslims lie.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Ah, I just refuse to learn any Islamic phrases because I do not live in an occupied Daesh territory, same as the OP, so I think keeping a spare burkha handy and learning the Koran is ridiculous for anyone in a Western nation.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you disagree with regarding the connection with Daesh and Islam?
I assert that Daesh is wholly associated with Islam and no other religion. All the scum from Western nations who have joined them were previously good little Muslims, not Christians, or Zoroastrians.

Daesh does not represent Islam, but without followers of Islam there would be no Daesh.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Let's see, since i only have a basic knowledge of islam i have no verses for you.
But let's talk about taqiya a form of religious dissimulation or a legal dispensation whereby a believing individual can deny his faith or commit otherwise illegal or blasphemous acts, especially while they are in fear or at risk of significant persecution.

In Sunni jurisprudence, denying faith under duress or other permissible reasons as per Islamic law is viewed "only at most permitted and not under all circumstances obligatory".

In the Shi'a view, taqiyya is lawful in situations where there is overwhelming danger of loss of life or property and where no danger to religion would occur thereby.

Do you by any chance know anything about saving a life and rules thereof?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Terrorists lie. Suicide bombers lie. Murdering cowards lie.

Since they profess Muslim faith, it is assumed that Muslims lie.

Exactly, assumptions are not reliable in terms of judgement.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

You haven't even read those verses have you...

40:28 completely contradicts the message you're trying to convey, that's how I know you copy and paste job had no personal research involved...

You googled lies in the Quran, came across religion of peace dot com and didn't even do your due diligence to see if they're bull#ting you...

Which they are, as 40:28 specifically says "Allah does not guide the transgressors, the liars"...

Terrible input.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I already explained taqiyya fully in which you respond that I am lying.

I'm not going to repeat myself.

Suffice to say taqiyya does not give me the right to lie...

It means it is permissible to conceal my faith in a life and death situation.

We've been through this.

Show me a verse with due diligence, not a copy and paste job, that says I personally can lie to you for any reason aside from protecting my or my family's health!!!

I'll wait.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes Muslims lie, Ive not said anything different...

What I have stated is that nowhere in the Quran is it permissible to lie to a non-believer for whatever reason I so decide.

Liars receive no guidance from Allah.
That is what the Quran says. Vehemently, numerous times in fact.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Isnt there another set of books besides the Koran where a lot of teachings come from? I think they get the Sharia Law from them. What do they say about lying?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

The Hadith, personally I haven't the slightest clue, I am a Quranist...

I read a couple of Hadith and they sounded like the works of psychopaths, I didn't waste much more of my time with them.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Once again you are not telling the truth. Maybe you personally believe that is the case, that's ok, i'm sorry for calling you a liar.

But you are no authority on islam, many muslims interpret those laws in a different way and many non muslims like myself have our own interpretation and opinion about those words. So thank you for your input but no.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join