It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to add a Burka and Koran to our arsenal of survival gear?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsandWho is 'we' and which specific points did you think ignorant exactly, quote me perhaps and tackle my posted words, not what you imagine about me.

Your comments about the hijab and burka and deporting anyone who wears it, no matter who they are was pretty ignorant and a few of us have been trying to tell you that Daesh are not actually Muslim, so that's the 'we' I speak of.

originally posted by: grainofsandSo why learn key Islamic phrases 'just in case' if the religion of Islam is irrelevant?

Personal choice, plain and simple. I haven't and won't be learning any verses of the Quran, religion and I haven't been friends in a long time but when I realised Christianity wasn't my thing I explored the rest and have read the Quran (among other sacred and religious texts), I haven't got any verses from any religious texts stored in my memory as I don't feel I need them.

originally posted by: grainofsandWho do I hate? I've spouted no hate here, again you imagine it, stop wetting your pants with emotion fella, making a stain on the forum floor.

My apologies but you're doing a good impression of an islamophobe...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: djz3ro

Every scumbag 'Western' national who has joined Daesh previously self-identified as Muslim.
Not Christian, Pagan, Sikh, or Jedi, but Muslim. Strange that.

Not true, look at the case of the woman who blew herself up in France, dyed blonde hair, loved going out and drinking, wearing cowboy hats, not even slightly religious...
edit on 21/11/15 by djz3ro because: I spelled Dyed wrong...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Ive been driving for 45 yrs, so Im pretty good at it already. I dont rely on our Govt for information, so they are not telling me who to fear. However, I do watch and pay attention to a lot of news sources. And I think its wise to look at what is going on in our world and use common sense to gather items together for emergency protection. Not out of fear just common sense. I live in an earthquake prone area, so I keep extra supplies on hand in case of an emergency, how is this different?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

So target the monetary income of ISIS and soon they will crumble...

That was an interesting read, thanks dj.

You're welcome. Yes, but it doesn't seem that would be simple. After all, if we believe Putin, there are a lot of countries backing them, including G20 countries. It's certainly on record that both the US and the UK have funded Islamic extremists in the past to destabilise an area they don't want to boot boots or bombs into.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
Your comments about the hijab and burka and deporting anyone who wears it, no matter who they are was pretty ignorant and a few of us have been trying to tell you that Daesh are not actually Muslim, so that's the 'we' I speak of.
NO, you are thinking of someone else, NOT me!
Hahaha! You attack me and can't even get it right which posts are mine or someone else's LOL! I said quote my actual words for a reason, you clearly are unable to follow a flowing discussion with multiple people, haha, I didn't post any of that and now you look foolish.

Personal choice, plain and simple. I haven't and won't be learning any verses of the Quran, religion and I haven't been friends in a long time but when I realised Christianity wasn't my thing I explored the rest and have read the Quran (among other sacred and religious texts), I haven't got any verses from any religious texts stored in my memory as I don't feel I need them.
Same for me, but my point stands that if a Muslim on ATS is offering key Islamic quotes to use when dealing with terrorists then it is not a Hindu/Sikh/Zoroastrian problem, otherwise we'd have such folk suggesting key phrases from their 'holy' books as well.

My apologies but you're doing a good impression of an islamophobe...
Oh behave with that tired one, I'm not scared of any religion or religious nut. Apologies, but you do a good impression of a pants wetting emotional poster who is incapable of following who posted what.
Try again son.

*Edit*
Hahaha! You got stars for that post and again I'll state I DID NOT POST WHAT WAS CLAIMED REGARDING DEPORTATION ETC, THAT WAS SOMEONE ELSE - just shows how crap at reading comprehension some folk are here on ATS.
If you have a problem with my words then quote them directly and I shall respond, otherwise you look foolish by getting confused who posted what and where lol.
edit on 21.11.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Every scumbag 'Western' national who has joined Daesh previously self-identified as Muslim.
Not Christian, Pagan, Sikh, or Jedi, but Muslim. Strange that.

Not true, look at the case of the woman who blew herself up in France, dyed blonde hair, loved going out and drinking, wearing cowboy hats, not even slightly religious...
She identified with the Islamic faith fella.
Not a very good example of a Muslim but she identified with the faith, not Christianity or Sikhism lol.
Try again.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

a reply to: misskat1

Nope, I'm learning no Islamic prases 'just in case' and to those who do I say you have lost the fear battle to those killers who identify with Islam.

"Lost the battle....." ????!!!!????!!!!????!!!!!!!!!!

Really! EVERYONE has already been down that road and continues to travel it daily. So to all the 'tough' people out there, do you lock your doors, lock your car, have a weapon for 'protection'? All those actions are responses to fear, fear of someone harming you or god forbid, taking your stuff.

Disguising one's self as the enemy is a common tactic used for thousands of years to infiltrate or save ones life. Fortunately, I don't think my lifestyle would be jeopardized by Islamic terrorists but should it change, I would change some of my ideas and actions to survive.

By the way, I have considered aspects of blending in, if an event deemed necessary, either for safety or gathering information and don't consider the idea a betrayal of my values or character.

All this better than thou, mighty character bulls#!t stinks. We're all grains of sand on this dune and survivors do what is necessary to survive.

edit on 21-11-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Do what you like fella, learn the entire Koran if you like, if you live in a Western nation then yep I say you have lost the battle of fear.
Doesn't affect my life, but I'm not learning any Islamic key phrases as offered by our resident Muslim 'just in case' these 'non-Muslim' terrorists rock up in my street.

Learn what you like if it comforts you, just funny how you want to learn Islamic phrases and not stuff from the Bible or Hindu texts.
...I thought the terrorists of Daesh had nothing to do with Islam, maybe I am mistaken lol

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: misskat1

I say any battle we go into, we immediately start waving the white flag so no one ever gets hurt.

I was just about to say something similar.

Best survival tactic in this matter is a concealed double stack pistol and spare ammunition.

edit on -06:00Sat, 21 Nov 2015 09:54:16 -0600201521America/Chicago2015-11-21T09:54:16-06:0030vx11 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

NO, you are thinking of someone else, NOT me!
Hahaha! You attack me and can't even get it right which posts are mine or someone else's LOL! I said quote my actual words for a reason, you clearly are unable to follow a flowing discussion with multiple people, haha, I didn't post any of that and now you look foolish.

You're right that was Unity_99 and I apologise for my mistake.

Same for me, but my point stands that if a Muslim on ATS is offering key Islamic quotes to use when dealing with terrorists then it is not a Hindu/Sikh/Zoroastrian problem, otherwise we'd have such folk suggesting key phrases from their 'holy' books as well.

Well that only happened Because the OP asked. I daresay, had this post not existed, Charlie wouldn't have started a thread offering Quran verses to anyone who was scared of Daesh. Hell even calling them Daesh will get your tongue cut out, I've been calling them that for months, ever since I found out it was an insult.

Oh behave with that tired one, I'm not scared of any religion or religious nut. Apologies, but you do a good impression of a pants wetting emotional poster who is incapable of following who posted what.
Try again son.

I'll have you know I haven't wet my pants in at least 3 years, ha ha, sorry again for calling you out for someone else's ignorance, it was ignorant of me...

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Not a very good example of a Muslim but she identified with the faith, not Christianity or Sikhism lol.
Try again.

She aided Daesh yes but if she was converted to their bastardization of Islam it was a very quick conversion, it wasn't all that long ago she was a good time girl
edit on 21/11/15 by djz3ro because: All I could see was a "."

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
While I disagree on the reasons/motives why only women should wear burka's in fundamentalistic Islamic believes, also take notion of women who volunteraly wear them even in Western societies, without being forced to.
I think it's totally hypocritical of some Muslim men to demand their women to dress up as such to prevent other men's attention, while they can dress and act without restriction.
If women decide to wear burka's as a personal choice and not forced to by anyone other than their own choice, who am I to judge otherwise.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

No worries fella

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Try again.

She aided Daesh yes but if she was converted to their bastardization of Islam it was a very quick conversion, it wasn't all that long ago she was a good time girl
I've lived on Malaysian and Indonesian islands where I'd be out partying with Muslim lads who totally believed the Koran and attended calls to prayer in the morning, but were off their heads with me all night. No alcohol mind, the 'elders' would smell it. Were they not Muslims?

I just don't understand the desperation to say that Daesh followers are not self identifying Muslims. They are less Sikh than Muslim, that is for sure, and Daesh is less of a Sikh problem than Islamic, for obvious reasons, even if that troubles people, it is a fact.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

a reply to: StoutBroux

Do what you like fella, learn the entire Koran if you like, if you live in a Western nation then yep I say you have lost the battle of fear.
Doesn't affect my life, but I'm not learning any Islamic key phrases as offered by our resident Muslim 'just in case' these 'non-Muslim' terrorists rock up in my street.

Learn what you like if it comforts you, just funny how you want to learn Islamic phrases and not stuff from the Bible or Hindu texts.
...I thought the terrorists of Daesh had nothing to do with Islam, maybe I am mistaken lol

Been down the bible road, it is also a fear instiller. Islam and Christianity both use fear, fear of rejection, death, hell, an angry god etc. and littered with unbelievable promises in the hereafter for all it's converts. Religions as a whole are based on fear. Hindu, too many gods to count. It's another control issue/big brother, do this to please this god, do that to please that god, a life dedicated to worshiping an idea, or a statue - whatever your preference.

This thread isn't about religion, it's about surviving in a hostile environment.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

All this better than thou, mighty character bulls#!t stinks. We're all grains of sand on this dune and survivors do what is necessary to survive.

Gave your post a well deserved star. The problem with all the tough guys up here is they never actually had to survive so never had the chance to learn how. Adaptation is the key but they never had to adapt to anything.

If anyone is interested btw. islam talks about this very thing right in their holy book. It is not only encouraged but mandatory almost to lie, cheat and denounce their faith if it means saving their life. Too bad most of you don't wanna know because if you are aware their religion is stating this ... use your logic.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
This thread isn't about religion, it's about surviving in a hostile environment.
Okay, and drama queens in Western nations such as the US seriously considering learning Islamic phrases 'just in case' these (apparently non-Muslim lol) terrorists reach their shores.
You've more chance of being knocked down by a bus. Fear and silliness is how I see it but hey, just an opinion, means nothing.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Exitt

It says nowhere in the Quran we can lie steal and cheat to save our lives...

It says we can conceal our faith.

Like someone would conceal pregnancy for the first couple of months...

Or conceal that they've been to the doctors...

Not to lie when asked outright.

Just an FYI.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Exitt
The problem with all the tough guys up here is they never actually had to survive so never had the chance to learn how. Adaptation is the key but they never had to adapt to anything.
Which 'tough guys' do you refer to? Do you have intimate knowledge of the survival/life experiences of other ATS members perhaps?

If anyone is interested btw. islam talks about this very thing right in their holy book. It is not only encouraged but mandatory almost to lie, cheat and denounce their faith if it means saving their life. Too bad most of you don't wanna know because if you are aware their religion is stating this ... use your logic.
So why keep a spare burkha in our preps then? Why learn key Islamic phrases?
I thought y'all are saying that Daesh is not an Islamic problem?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Not to lie when asked outright.

You're not telling the truth right now, Charlie.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join