It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did William Casey (ex CIA Director) really say this?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The CIA isnt all powerful. They know this.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Barbara Honegger is a well-known nutcase. See here.

Her once-unimpaired access to the mighty shows only that they are as superstitious and gullible as the rest of us; there is really no conspiracy, because there's nobody smart enough to carry it through.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
When I study Japanese and German history of WWII, I see the effectiveness of propaganda on peoples. Japanese committed suicide rather than surrender to US soldiers, because they had been led to believe they would be eaten.

Despite their cities being razed to the ground, carpet bombed, fire bombed and nuked even, they still went on business as usual as possible.

Same in Germany, the destruction and invasion from both east and west at once, the last stand in Berlin, they still flew flags above the rubble, daily going to work in the armaments factories and at night to the Opera.

Some of that was enforced fear of reprisal if one wasn't seen to be 'patriotic' enough. Some was born of holding out last hopes for relief.

Whatever, today we are in the same mind meld, held captive to ideology and 'our way of life', from the complicit main stream media.

"The comparison is no longer metaphorical. It is literal. The U.S. government is following the recipe to the letter: The selling of fear to create a reaction where citizens demand greater 'security,' the centralization of power, the suspension of civil rights, the defiance of accepted international law, the control of the press through threats and propaganda, the excusing of war crimes committed by our own military leaders, the arrogance of believing the whole world should think, and act, and govern just like us. These are the ideas of madmen, and yet today, they are now official policy of the United States government."

Hermes

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It's almost as if the CIA and other elites have contempt for the American public. Almost from the time the CIA was founded, it seems as if the CIA has always been at odds with the public, as if we somehow, just by being who we are, are against them, or somehow the majority of Americans are a threat to national security, which is quite strange since the majority of Americans make up the Nation known as the U.S.A.

We can glean insights into the underlying agendas of the elites by taking note of the people they listen to, the ideas they contemplate, the philosophies they believe. For example when someone like Zbigniew Brzezinski, writes an entire book on how to control and direct democratic societies, the elite take notice, and by the looks of it, they have implemented many of the ideas in his books.
edit on 21-11-2015 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal
The CIA isnt all powerful. They know this.

I agree with your statement.

I would go on to say neither are the Illuminati, neither is the military, neither are any other groups trying to control the populations of the world. They screw up and are thwarted on a regular basis. Their plans backfire and they put their feet in their mouths.

I've watched people over the years who attribute everything that happens to the Illuminati, for example, and I've had to sit back and say to myself -- they don't realize it but they are making the Illuminati out to be omnipotent. It's like worship, but negative worship. It's a self-psy-op. Believe me, I immersed myself into the same kind of thinking for quite some time as I came to understand many things about this world in very personal ways but had to stop myself because I was ruining my ability to evaluate things more realistically.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

They don't need to be all powerful to direct and control much of the world and/or world events.

They were powerful enough that when the hammer came down in 2011, most every true believer ran for cover.

edit on 21-11-2015 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: deloprator20000
a reply to: tweetie

They don't need to be all powerful to direct and control much of the world and/or world events.

They were powerful enough that when the hammer came down in 2011, most every true believer ran for cover.

They may not need to be all powerful to be succesful sometimes, but it doesnt guarantee 100% control. Like tweetie said, lots of variables are at play so things often do go differently than scheduled.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
there is really no conspiracy...

Many 'morons' would disagree...

For example George Washington, Disraeli, JFK, Roosevelt, etc.

My guess is that their minds were NOT firmly closed...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: somnum

First, the name of the book implies a game. Who are the pawns?

Second, this came out in 1997, take a look at the Central Eurasia/Middle East and tell me again about how we America and the world has been guided toward "peace" I suppose if you were being facetious in some way along the lines of orwellian double-speak where peace means war and war means peace, I could agree with your assessment.

Good information on him found here

edit to add- my god the man simply looks soulless, oozing evil!

So the book is named weird, the guy looks weird, and stuff that he had no connection with is going wrong in the middle east.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
People think I am crazy when I mention that the CIA runs the show.

I have been saying it for years.

The best tool that they ever used is the television.

People are either naive, dumb, or just plain ignorant. Probably all three, but who cares right?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Wow, that's a great OP! The only other time I ever heard the name William Casey was from the episode of Crossfire when Congressman Larry McDonald was naming him as being a part of the plan to bring about the NWO and that they were actually working with the Communists to do it. Of course he was on flight "007" when it was shot down.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: somnum

I do apologize for my sense of humor, as I was watching the video by James Corbett where he had so many of Brezezinski's actual talks I could not help myself in commenting on his devilish appearance. This however is not the point.

When it comes to the name of the book, weird is not the right word for it, when you combine it with the material of the book which is literally about USA being the only super power and how to go about making sure that is the case, it is disturbing. Especially when you factor in what has happened since the book was produced.

As far as having no connection with the middle east, I must admit I have to ask, which book are you reading again? Here is a short discussion of his quotes as well as a convenient map for reference, put together by another great independent investigator who has expose much of the ugly side of our intelligence/foreign policy Michael Ruppert, emphasis on the external enemy part at the very and.

a reply to: Sublimecraft

Side note to you Sublime, I did not mean to cause any thread drift, it had been a long time since I commented and kind of got off topic with other characters in the overall scheme your OP is about, for this I apologize, I should have stayed on point with Casey/CIA
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130amSunday1 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
great find... but i dont see where present day terrorism or a plot against the muslim religion fits into this.. if there is an NWO that plans to kill a majority of the population, they dont need excuses or have to demonize anyone.. most of us would be dead so they wouldnt need a fall guy. Now, on individual cases.. yes, The CIA can do it, but im not giving the USA or any present day govt. the credit for creating crazy religious people who kill for a God.... the egyptians were already doing that long before the CIA (egyptians being just one example)
edit on 22-11-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
People think I am crazy when I mention that the CIA runs the show.

I have been saying it for years.

The best tool that they ever used is the television.

People are either naive, dumb, or just plain ignorant. Probably all three, but who cares right?

The TV is very powerful tool, it is almost impossible to see past the propaganda unless you switch the damn thing off ...

Even on this site they are long term members who like to belittle people who do not watch it,they must either be in serious denial or they are simply shills

The reality is the majority of people live and breath TV and that is litterally all they know.....

S&F op as usual you are right on the money

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: zerozero00

Frank Zappa was essential in my awakening to other possibilities not only of music but of society as well. He died too young but accomplished more in his 54 years than a dozen people do with 100. I would have to add Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys as a close second.

Ha...absolutely, those two guys along with many other musicians and comedians tell it like it is, the best thing about being in the public eye or famous if you like is being able to be heard, Zappa, Biafra, Lennon, Hicks, jake Burns, George carlin, Bob Marley ....I could go on and on, they all have so much in common but sadly many of the great voices have the same unusual and untimely death syndrome ...some still around shouting it out but many gone way before their time

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: GD21D

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Total population control through lies, lies and more lies - sprinkled with a little pinch of truth, just to confuse you enough to believe the official story. Total population control allows the global elite bloodlines (Mr Caseys puppet-masters) to enact their goal of implementation of a New World Order with a single governing body, a singular law enforcement agency and a realization that we are god.

You're really into the NWO theme.

Me personally, I don't really subscribe to the whole NWO narrative. Same goes for the Illuminati. It's a narrative professed by every moron who thinks they got a monopoly on the truth. Furthermore, it's almost impossible to have an open discussion with most of these types because everything revolves these nebulous cabals.

We're moving towards a "New World Order" whether any of us like it or not. The world is getting smaller and smaller. A lot of the things we do have an almost immediate impact on people on the other side of the planet. We cannot escape the fact that our interests as individuals, communities, and nations are now permanently intertwined barring something catastrophic.

Instead of trying to chase the smoke of a group with no real definition, we should be working to make sure this thing turns out the right way. You fight the inevitable, meanwhile "they're" determining the grounds for which the future fights will take place.

We can't stop a new world from forming, but we can have a say in how it looks on the other side.

Actually, whilst everyone was focusing on wars and false-flag terrorism, the "NWO" took complete control of all food and medical industries. You will not see many people speaking of the real issues, because most are too confused by Sandy Hook, or France, or whatever.

They beat us decades ago when the agricultural and FDA and Surgeon General were bought off. But today, they keep us high on a toxin called sugar, and stupid news reels of terrorism.

These cabals are far far smarter than anyone realizes or cares to find out. Before the Mob became widely known, the Federal Government refused to believe it existed. The same thing's happening today, difference being these people print currencies and write law, and the citizenry refuses to believe it exists.

They're too busy getting fat or burning flags or screaming about skin color. Or some cute terrorist organization, ironically nicknamed ISIS, that sprung up pretty much over night, the exact moment the American People say No to an invasion of Syria.

Too much #'s floating around the pond.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

And what does it mean when the voices of reason become overshadowed by an endless wave of hate and fear? Not on Facebook or Twitter but abovetopsecret.com.

Over the past couple days I have spent a lot of time soul searching and genuinely contemplating my participation on this site. As I think back over the years my focus and reasoning for being here had changed or better put, evolved. Originally, I was lost, dumb and confused frantically trying to make sense of things I was reading online. Back than, long before this profile was created (joined 2004), it was the only place where a discussion was actually taking place, not people just telling you things.

After a few years I began to recognize patterns in world events, things were becoming intensively predictable and that when my heart really sunk. I remained here because I wanted to give back, to pay it forward so to speak. Between 2010-2012 there was this great sense of enlightenment floating around the inner webs and much talk of an awakening or ascension, sadly it was all predicated on the Mayan calanders "end date" and when that came and past, it was like all the sudden we as a global consciousness fell a couple rungs.

Maybe the disenchantment made many lose hope and fall back into the system. Maybe I'm just seeing something that isn't there. #, maybe there was a chance for ascension and we blew it. *shrugs*

All I know is that after all this and the years of sharing information with likeminded people here that you don't see anywhere else, has left me with a feeling of deep hopelessness. We are no further to enlightenment than we were in the 20's, the 1800's or any other time in recorded history. It's a self fulfilling prophecy, the "they" treat us like useless eaters and like typical animals we respond like useless eaters, not very different than a parent psychologically abusing their child, the child becomes that reality.

If I don't need ATS for the reason I started and what I'm doing now is pointless, and not to sound circular in my argument, than what's the point? It may be time to retire this dodo.

I get every one of your points, including the deep disillusionment and burn out. I know that feeling, and have felt it several times in my life surrounding global events, the state of society, even conspiracies.

However, I disagree that there isn't any progress, however little it may be.

For many decades or even centuries governments often had a virtual lock down on information about global events. I think that unless someone was very intuitive, a scholar, or worked in some relevant field, they would not really have a clue to what propaganda they were being fed for much of the 20th century. Due to more information availability and the weakening of the gate keepers, I think more people are waking up incrementally to some of these realities. Not all nor even most mind you.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: zerozero00
a reply to: Rosinitiate
Great post my friend and I really feel your pain

About 10 years ago I had read a lot about the up coming "monetary collapse" before it happened, I tried hard to explain to friends, family and loved ones I thought close enough that we are Being screwed by a bunch of sociopaths ... I was disowned by family and lost friends as they thought I was a raving loony...I told them I was sowing seeds and this info will grow inside their heads until they see the truth...I was right and now most if not all the people I told of the evil agendas laying in wait for us actually think like me now, almost all talk to their respective friends in the same way I did to them

You see, it's is hard work and painful at times trying to spread the truth but please keep plugging away at what you believe to be right, it takes time but it is well worth the grief involved if some realise you are right

We will beat them, just a matter of time but we will win...we are many and they few (now where have I heard that before)

Stay strong and don't give in...that's my message to you!

Yeah, that is a good point. Often if one brings up information that conflicts with someone's worldview, they will either brush it aside or even worse, mock or attack one. I've seen this many times, especially when it comes to things like religion, nationalism, race, and other egoic identifications.

This is especially true for conspiracy type things, because many people just are not willing to think that their view of the nation, society, and foreign policy is actually false or that they are being lied to.

However, like yourself, I can name a handful of people who initially reacted negatively to me when I brought up some form of conspiracy or propaganda, ranging from false flags to just the neo-imperial nature of US foreign policy. Then, four or five years later all of sudden they are sharing various alternative or more critical documentaries, books, ideas, and so on.

Not all people will listen, but many will and just need to time to think over what you are saying and research a bit for themselves.

Lesson? We still need to say our truth even if people initially react badly.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I am the source for this quote, which was indeed said by CIA Director William Casey at an early February 1981 meeting of the newly elected President Reagan with his new cabinet secretaries to report to him on what they had learned about their agencies in the first couple of weeks of the administration.
The meeting was in the Roosevelt Room in the West Wing of the White House, not far from the Cabinet Room. I was present at the meeting as Assistant to the chief domestic policy adviser to the President. Casey first told Reagan that he had been astonished to discover that over 80 percent of the 'intelligence' that the analysis side of the CIA produced was based on open public sources like newspapers and magazines.
As he did to all the other secretaries of their departments and agencies, Reagan asked what he saw as his goal as director for the CIA, to which he replied with this quote, which I recorded in my notes of the meeting as he said it. Shortly thereafter I told Senior White House correspondent Sarah McClendon, who was a close friend and colleague, who in turn made it public.
Barbara Honegger [email protected]
Written 25 Nov 2014

quora.com

Not only does Honegger claim he said it, but apparently he said it in response to what he saw as his goal as CIA Director!

This statement was further backed by an email posted by Quora user Greg Smith from Honegger regarding the quote which is consistent and apparently prompted her to tell the story above:

“Seriously — I personally was the Source for that William Casey quote. He said it at an early Feb. 1981 meeting in the Roosevelt Room in the West Wing of the White House which I attended, and I immediately told my close friend and political godmother Senior White House Correspondent Sarah McClendon, who then went public with it without naming the source… “

So there you go. Guess it boils down to he said she said, except when she says it, it’s because she was actually there…

Truthstream Media

So, my ATS friends, does this really surprise any of you?

Of course not, you see, like me, you too may have always seen the main stream medias role in indoctrination and dissemination of propaganda as just one tentacle in the great behemoth-like octopus that has imprisoned the planet to the agenda of the Military / Industrial complex.

Total population control through lies, lies and more lies - sprinkled with a little pinch of truth, just to confuse you enough to believe the official story. Total population control allows the global elite bloodlines (Mr Caseys puppet-masters) to enact their goal of implementation of a New World Order with a single governing body, a singular law enforcement agency and a realization that we are god.

In my opinion, terrorism, the meme, is more powerful than terrorism itself and France is a testament to that because the consequential effect resultant from those oxygen thieves going berserk and killing and maiming innocents is a global argument on social media - the net result being to ostracize Islam and its adherents as all being tarred with the same brush - all being terrorists.

The propaganda and disinformation has led to global society divided.

Almost conquered.

THanks for the op.

Even if he did not say this, it is obvious for any person who really wants to know and studies world events/history that there is a large gap between reality and what the media and our leaders often tell us. The more I study, travel, and work across the world, the more crystal clear I am on this. The mainstream media is most definitely not "free" nor investigative, and usually comes across to me as a microphone for the elite and pentagon.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: zerozero00

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Frank Zappa was essential in my awakening to other possibilities not only of music but of society as well. He died too young but accomplished more in his 54 years than a dozen people do with 100. I would have to add Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys as a close second.

Ha...absolutely, those two guys along with many other musicians and comedians tell it like it is, the best thing about being in the public eye or famous if you like is being able to be heard, Zappa, Biafra, Lennon, Hicks, jake Burns, George carlin, Bob Marley ....I could go on and on, they all have so much in common but sadly many of the great voices have the same unusual and untimely death syndrome ...some still around shouting it out but many gone way before their time

What do you think about the Laurel Canyon conspiracy, which cites Zappa?

That conspiracy is very hard for me to swallow, given my love the 60's counter-culture, values, and music.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join