It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did William Casey (ex CIA Director) really say this?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+72 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I am the source for this quote, which was indeed said by CIA Director William Casey at an early February 1981 meeting of the newly elected President Reagan with his new cabinet secretaries to report to him on what they had learned about their agencies in the first couple of weeks of the administration.
The meeting was in the Roosevelt Room in the West Wing of the White House, not far from the Cabinet Room. I was present at the meeting as Assistant to the chief domestic policy adviser to the President. Casey first told Reagan that he had been astonished to discover that over 80 percent of the 'intelligence' that the analysis side of the CIA produced was based on open public sources like newspapers and magazines.
As he did to all the other secretaries of their departments and agencies, Reagan asked what he saw as his goal as director for the CIA, to which he replied with this quote, which I recorded in my notes of the meeting as he said it. Shortly thereafter I told Senior White House correspondent Sarah McClendon, who was a close friend and colleague, who in turn made it public.
Barbara Honegger [email protected]
Written 25 Nov 2014

quora.com

Not only does Honegger claim he said it, but apparently he said it in response to what he saw as his goal as CIA Director!

This statement was further backed by an email posted by Quora user Greg Smith from Honegger regarding the quote which is consistent and apparently prompted her to tell the story above:

“Seriously — I personally was the Source for that William Casey quote. He said it at an early Feb. 1981 meeting in the Roosevelt Room in the West Wing of the White House which I attended, and I immediately told my close friend and political godmother Senior White House Correspondent Sarah McClendon, who then went public with it without naming the source… “

So there you go. Guess it boils down to he said she said, except when she says it, it’s because she was actually there…

Truthstream Media

So, my ATS friends, does this really surprise any of you?

Of course not, you see, like me, you too may have always seen the main stream medias role in indoctrination and dissemination of propaganda as just one tentacle in the great behemoth-like octopus that has imprisoned the planet to the agenda of the Military / Industrial complex.

Total population control through lies, lies and more lies - sprinkled with a little pinch of truth, just to confuse you enough to believe the official story. Total population control allows the global elite bloodlines (Mr Caseys puppet-masters) to enact their goal of implementation of a New World Order with a single governing body, a singular law enforcement agency and a realization that we are god.

In my opinion, terrorism, the meme, is more powerful than terrorism itself and France is a testament to that because the consequential effect resultant from those oxygen thieves going berserk and killing and maiming innocents is a global argument on social media - the net result being to ostracize Islam and its adherents as all being tarred with the same brush - all being terrorists.

The propaganda and disinformation has led to global society divided.

Almost conquered.

edit on 21-11-2015 by Sublimecraft because: spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
......Boy there be some crickets up in this piece....

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Sublime, I would like to thank you for causing me to finally comment after what has been quite the hiatus. I took my break in order to just take a step back and focus on my studies, however I have continued to come to this site as it is such a rich source of intelligence, idiocy, and everything in between, also what seems to be an increased level of shilllunacy going on.

You have eloquently summed up the evolution of Edward Bernays's vision of
Propaganda . Sadly these elite psychopaths made good use of his ideas and have created the myriad of issues that plague our collective psyche.

For the life of me, I can not understand how people can not look into the writings of the elite and understand their applications in the real world, how about we take another book for example...zbigniew brzezinski-the grand chessboard

I figured it would be a good place to add this as well, James Corbett does a wonderful job with his open sourced investigations and I found this particular 5 Part series very enlightening when it comes to the geopolitics of CIA/NATO and the middle east, have any of you ever heard of Operation Gladio B? Gladio A was the fascist program we have all come to learn about if we have taken the time, consisting of false flags to scare the good Europeans away from those evil Ruskies throughout the 90's well apparently Gladio B is what they went to when that began getting exposed. Worth noting is Sibel Edmonds and all of her work, what a fascinating career she had in the FBI!informative in more ways then one!

informative in more ways then one!
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130amSaturday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I do believe this is the truth with no exceptions, why would anyone think it not the case?

The evidence is there to see everyday of the week on every news outlet in the world " propaganda " that sways public opinion regardless of the situation... Only a small percent of the populace see through the lies and manipulation and see it for what it is, problem being we are accused of being " tinfoil hat wearers" or "conspiracy nutters"
Even with this information out in the open the masses still can't see what's in front of them as their belief system would be broken forever and that would be devastating to them, way too much to lose to think that TPTB are controlling them with phschological warfare, propaganda and lies so it's much easier to believe them unconditionally
Ever since I was a teenager I knew the PTB where evil and the last 30 years has only cemented what I had suspected ... We are all being played for the benefit of a few but the game is not fun and no prizes for losing

Time to wake up guys and gals, it's a double speak world where everything we are told is generally the opposite of the truth!!

10 stars with no replies says a lot about this thread, nice OP sublime!

Ok, a few replies before I could finish writing...I really want to see more comments on this as it is quite the eye opener

edit on 21-11-2015 by zerozero00 because: Cause I'm slow at writing

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Nothing's changed...it's just more polished these days.

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
William Casey was from the old school WW2 OSS. He knew where all the skeletons were buried particularly regarding the Iran/Contra affair. If you recall just before he was set to testify before Congress he had emergency brain surgery and couldn't recall anything so he got off without ever having to say a word. The timing on that was all too convenient to save GHWBush from being implicated. That was run by the Tower Commission, among whom was Lee Hamilton who would later serve (?) on the 9/11 Commission.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Well, did he?

I love that the first response to the image macro you posted at your first link was:

Who knows. He himself is long since dead and we're so far removed from the purported occurrence that anyone who could be reasonably believed to have knowledge of the alleged meeting probably wouldn't remember anything so exactly.

That being said, it's worth pointing out two things:
As far as I can tell, there's only one "source" for this attribution, a journalist named Mae Brussell. That's it. No one else, to my knowledge, has ever corroborated this. A single source tends to be problematic in that you have little way of knowing if it's in fact accurate; if a quote was transcribed incorrectly, or misunderstood, or made up all together, we'd be none the wiser.[1]
We don't have any idea of the context in which the alleged quote was said. All that there is is the single sentence which, all on its own, becomes pretty worthless unless you want to imprint pre-existing beliefs on it. Without the larger context of the statement, we have no idea whether or not it was actually said in the manner in which subsequent people have clearly intended it to come across as. For all we know, it could be the punch line of a joke or even some very worthwhile advice about trying to make disinformation so believable to the Soviets that it's even believable to Americans, rather than something that sounds ominously dark.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: zerozero00

And what does it mean when the voices of reason become overshadowed by an endless wave of hate and fear? Not on Facebook or Twitter but abovetopsecret.com.

Over the past couple days I have spent a lot of time soul searching and genuinely contemplating my participation on this site. As I think back over the years my focus and reasoning for being here had changed or better put, evolved. Originally, I was lost, dumb and confused frantically trying to make sense of things I was reading online. Back than, long before this profile was created (joined 2004), it was the only place where a discussion was actually taking place, not people just telling you things.

After a few years I began to recognize patterns in world events, things were becoming intensively predictable and that when my heart really sunk. I remained here because I wanted to give back, to pay it forward so to speak. Between 2010-2012 there was this great sense of enlightenment floating around the inner webs and much talk of an awakening or ascension, sadly it was all predicated on the Mayan calanders "end date" and when that came and past, it was like all the sudden we as a global consciousness fell a couple rungs.

Maybe the disenchantment made many lose hope and fall back into the system. Maybe I'm just seeing something that isn't there. #, maybe there was a chance for ascension and we blew it. *shrugs*

All I know is that after all this and the years of sharing information with likeminded people here that you don't see anywhere else, has left me with a feeling of deep hopelessness. We are no further to enlightenment than we were in the 20's, the 1800's or any other time in recorded history. It's a self fulfilling prophecy, the "they" treat us like useless eaters and like typical animals we respond like useless eaters, not very different than a parent psychologically abusing their child, the child becomes that reality.

If I don't need ATS for the reason I started and what I'm doing now is pointless, and not to sound circular in my argument, than what's the point? It may be time to retire this dodo.

edit on 21-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
As always the loose ends can be tied up

So many coincidences and anomalies can be explained if you know what is going on, deaths of prominent people and people in "power" (power used loosely) can usually be tied to some nasty underhand agenda by the puppet masters

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Total population control through lies, lies and more lies - sprinkled with a little pinch of truth, just to confuse you enough to believe the official story. Total population control allows the global elite bloodlines (Mr Caseys puppet-masters) to enact their goal of implementation of a New World Order with a single governing body, a singular law enforcement agency and a realization that we are god.

You're really into the NWO theme.

Me personally, I don't really subscribe to the whole NWO narrative. Same goes for the Illuminati. It's a narrative professed by every moron who thinks they got a monopoly on the truth. Furthermore, it's almost impossible to have an open discussion with most of these types because everything revolves these nebulous cabals.

We're moving towards a "New World Order" whether any of us like it or not. The world is getting smaller and smaller. A lot of the things we do have an almost immediate impact on people on the other side of the planet. We cannot escape the fact that our interests as individuals, communities, and nations are now permanently intertwined barring something catastrophic.

Instead of trying to chase the smoke of a group with no real definition, we should be working to make sure this thing turns out the right way. You fight the inevitable, meanwhile "they're" determining the grounds for which the future fights will take place.

We can't stop a new world from forming, but we can have a say in how it looks on the other side.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I believe that he did, if you continue to read that image macro you will see (what I posted below the image in the OP) was a response to the thread question from one Barbara Honegger about 12 months after that first post was made (the one you posted), who claims to have been present at the discussion where Casey said what is claimed.

This is further evidenced by Senior White House correspondent Sarah McClendon going public with the claim not long after the comment was made (back in 1981) but without naming Barbara as the source.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: GD21D

You're really into the NWO theme.

Me personally, I don't really subscribe to the whole NWO narrative. Same goes for the Illuminati. It's a narrative professed by every moron who thinks they got a monopoly on the truth. Furthermore, it's almost impossible to have an open discussion with most of these types because everything revolves these nebulous cabals.

We're moving towards a "New World Order" whether any of us like it or not........

You're a mental mess...

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate
Great post my friend and I really feel your pain

About 10 years ago I had read a lot about the up coming "monetary collapse" before it happened, I tried hard to explain to friends, family and loved ones I thought close enough that we are Being screwed by a bunch of sociopaths ... I was disowned by family and lost friends as they thought I was a raving loony...I told them I was sowing seeds and this info will grow inside their heads until they see the truth...I was right and now most if not all the people I told of the evil agendas laying in wait for us actually think like me now, almost all talk to their respective friends in the same way I did to them

You see, it's is hard work and painful at times trying to spread the truth but please keep plugging away at what you believe to be right, it takes time but it is well worth the grief involved if some realise you are right

We will beat them, just a matter of time but we will win...we are many and they few (now where have I heard that before)

Stay strong and don't give in...that's my message to you!

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Wasn't there something in a Bob Woodward book about Casey literally organizing a car bomb? If not, my apologies to the memory of Mr. Casey, but if so....dude?

Edit: Here's a Wikipedia page about the bombing, with a section about Casey's involvement, involvement that was apparently "off the books" and where many civilians were killed. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-11-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Like you said, no surprises here. Same old sh..t, and still doin it to this day.

This might have been posted before, but just reiterates the point that the MSM is just a medium to spread disinfo for the CIA and various other NWO organisations. Pity the rest of the world doesnt see it.

"European media writing pro-US stories under CIA pressure - German journo"

True investigative journalism is a rare commodity nowadays, and the reason I avoid the MSM like the plague.
One of the reasons I joined ATS was to by pass the MSM and get some semblance of the truth or at least get links and other points of view to find the "truth".
I think most MSM news journalists are either corrupt, or lazy, or gutless, or extremely naive, or all of the above.

Unfortunately by the time the lies and deceit are revealed by those who do investigate, feeble minds have already been convinced by those who seek to manipulate us.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove
James Corbett and Sibel Edmonds are two of the most important
people to follow right now IMO. As a matter a fact a great deal can be
learned when those two plus Richard Engle( to give the CIA,err,the NBC angle)
are followed on Twitter.
It goes something like this.
Engle " France hit hard by Isis the world rally's to France's aide"
Edmonds and Corbett
" this is exactly how we said the CIA and Mossad would bring this
conflict to the Worlds attention"
It's like following a play by play of spook tennis.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

And I would add most politicians to the group of dupes . TPTB are great at causing the problems and coming up with the solutions that they pass on to us to scream to the politicians to act upon . The more we see it in action the easier it is to know which shell has the real pea under it .

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Here is the latest example how tptb use the msm to twist a story to their side ....

To bridge such divide requires some fudging.

So when the U.S. claims to act against the finances of the Islamic State while not doing much, the U.S Public Broadcasting Service has to use footage of Russian airstrikes against the Islamic State while reporting claimed U.S. airstrike successes.

The U.S. military recently claimed to have hit Islamic State oil tankers in Syria. This only after Putin embarrassed Obama at the G-20 meeting in Turkey. Putin showed satellite pictures of ridiculous long tanker lines waiting for days and weeks to load oil from the Islamic State without any U.S. interference.

The U.S. then claimed to have hit 116 oil tankers while the Russian air force claims to have hit 500. But there is an important difference between these claims. The Russians provided videos showing how their airstrikes hit at least two different very large oil tanker assemblies with hundreds of tankers in each. They also provided video of several hits on oil storage sites and refinery infrastructure.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

They do this kind of thing on a daily basis .

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Maybe I'm older so my searching started earlier (back in the 80's) but I completely understand your sense of hopelessness insofar as the NWO is concerned. It's a steamroller that nothing will stop - not protests, not voting, not anything we peons can do short of a general strike which as we know is impossible to get everyone to go along with.

But I don't despair because I know many, many good-hearted and patriotic people who will awaken and refuse to go along with the coming pogroms. I also have faith in the inherent goodness of the universe; if there is a grand design in it then it is to create, not destroy. I think all the ascension stuff over the Mayan calendar was just wishful thinking and now those people are getting a hard dose of reality. It will sink in with them soon enough.

I believe in people and their basic good nature. It's but a small few who wish to lord control over everyone and everything and their grand designs are entirely dependent upon other people carrying out their orders. That is their greatest weakness and when those people have had enough they too will come to our side and help contain these monsters who live for greed and power.

Glad you are here with us.
Each of us counts towards making a better future.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: zerozero00

Frank Zappa was essential in my awakening to other possibilities not only of music but of society as well. He died too young but accomplished more in his 54 years than a dozen people do with 100. I would have to add Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys as a close second.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join