It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another BL clue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ok so I whois the domain name and find out that the record was created on September 17th 2004. 09/17. The ninth letter of the alphabet is 'I' the 17th letter is 'Q'.

IQ

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Sim,

I have been wondering about BL, doesn't seem like anybody is playing lately. I wish there was a place that all the clues are listed in one place. I spent the better part of 1 hour yesterday looking at all the threads.

Anyway, I don't know about the IQ thing, I was kind of wondering about the image in the center of the "target", or maze or whatever. Seems a lot like the center of the image on my avatar eh?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
makeisto, it makes you wonder if its a game at all or are we just that paranoid.

Ive thought about the frequency in which the image vibrates. Im even sure how you could find this out but it may yield half way interesting results.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well, the other games were code breakers and what not, but I think that this one was supposed to be different. There was alot of talk about symbology of the labyrinth and such, but, ultimately, I think that this and any other game is going to have to involve codebreakers, how else could it direct one to specific sites and more clues and such?

Its also possible that ATS tapped out its codebreaker resources with the original game.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well i wasn't exactly the best codebreaker in the rings, but im still willing to give it a go. My only problem is that i don't know what clues to use and i don't want to waste all my time chasing my own tail. As soon as someone gets somewhere you might here some more from me.

I don't know if we are looking for a link of some sort, a specific phrase or code, where to enter it if that is the case, if we are supposed to use the latin/translations to find these things (which seems pretty obvious) but as previously mentioned i have spent some time on this and got nowhere.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Wait...

was this stuff rings? I can't remember, it's been so long...

Thanks

_df

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Its in the trash now, so i guess not

CLUE SITE:
randomnous.iamthecheese.com...

has a list of all clues from BL

---Pineapple

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Just a thought, probably not the first time its been thrown out there, but what the hell....What if it is suppose to be overlaid on top of a map? If we find out where the center has to be located, the holes might pinpoint other significant locations.....?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalepmay
Just a thought, probably not the first time its been thrown out there, but what the hell....What if it is suppose to be overlaid on top of a map? If we find out where the center has to be located, the holes might pinpoint other significant locations.....?

That's all well and good but what Map?

I know that like myself, others have banged thier head so much on this and haven't gotten anywhere... have basically given up until another clue rears its head.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rancid1
That's all well and good but what Map?

Well, it would have to be one that everyone on ATS has access to, so are there any maps that are in a common location on ATS?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think it is a Lunar map representing the winter or summer solstice, I haven't been following the game this is just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

THE LUNAR MAPS OF KNOWTH

Other possible lunar maps. (a) Carving on the stone basin found in the eastern passage at Knowth. (b) Knowth Kerbstone 97. (c) Knowth Kerbstone 68. (d) Stone G, Baltinglass, Co. Wicklow

New Grange Ireland

Knowth Ireland

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
what is BL, and how do I get involved?

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by c00ster
what is BL, and how do I get involved?

I want in as well pleeeeeeeeeeease!

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Didn't someone somewhere say that there would be a new trend in ATS games which would include players having to figure out if what they were looking at even WAS a game?

Nezuji

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What is this BL thing I keep seeing posted? Where is it, it sounds interesting. Please do post a link or something to it. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You are already in it. As is everyone else. At the bottom of the page notice te word 'unus'

its a link to
www.blacklabyrinth.com...

which is an image. Its vibrating now, it wasn't before. The whole thing is a game the administrators have made. There were two other games that were popular. There are no rules, not posted objective, no way to know if one is right or wrong other than to i suppose get 'the next clue', but they are actual games and can be won.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I was staring at the image for a moment and to me it looks like one of those, cant remember what they are called, old phonograph dials that have certains sounds which are words when spun i think...I cant remember how they worked, but there was a message on them...its a shot, but I am not sure where to go with this if thats it.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Has it been considered that the Lorem Ipsum might be a clue by itself.
It originates from "The Extremes of Good and Evil" by Cicero, and the Black Labyrinth points to the evil that arises (this autumn????).
A mere coincidence?
Is there a white labyrinth or something like that?
Actually only the first sentence in the background seems to be exactly from the original (I mean the lipsum.com variation).
Has anyone who knows Latin translated the 4 repeating sentences? Maybe it isn't what it seems. Or these might be lines that "by coincidence" are relevant, even if from the original Lorem Ipsum.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Did anyone get the translation? Part of it sounded like a riddle and the other part like an equation.

Sory I just started particpating in this if I am little behind

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I didn't notice that the text at lipsum.com is randomly generated, so the part of my previous post concerning reference to the "lipsum.com variation" is false.
The riddle is interesting, but I don't know if anything with a clearer meaning has been found from it.
The 23 steps seems to refer to the 23 areas in the labyrinth, but nothing has been proven by getting to a next clue.
The backgroung might be something interesting (as it is message.jpg), but nothing of any importance hasn't been found from it. Might be some form of steganography.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join