It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgium raises terror threat level to level 4 (highest level) for Brussels

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Sorry but i respectfully disagree with this explanation.
The problem that Europe is facing today is one that has been foreseen since the nineties.
This is the outcome of bad left wing politics who simply look away while so many civilians but also some parties have warned that this day will come.
these extremists within our borders might base their actions on islam, use islam to divide muslims and non muslims, the sobering fact is that they have not understood what islam is about.
The only thing that drives them is hatred towards the west which is fueled by extremist islamic preachers who until today enjoyed all the freedom to do so.
On the one hand in mosques, on the other hand through social media and websites.
These extremists are mostly youngsters and young adults who segregate themselves from the western society in which they were born and live, drop out of school, commit crimes of which some are very violent

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: whismermill

This is obviously a very serious threat to the city, and country.
This is not the kind of action a state takes lightly, as we've seen.

This is happening in unison with reports that Abdeslam has been in touch with friends trying to find help to get back to Syria. He's apparently been making calls to people he knows claiming he only played "a small part" in the mass murder last week and that he needs to get back to Syria from Belgium.

He's also reportedly said that ISIS operatives are watching him and he knows they're angry about him getting away without blowing himself up.

The authorities know he's there, and they now have intel about another direct threat to the city. Clearly there is a lot more going on here behind the scenes than any of us knows anything about.

Personally, I think we're going to see a mass military movement in the area of Molenbeek tonight, followed by more raids on addresses there.

I hope they take Abdeslam alive, if he knows ISIS is watching him then he has valuable intel on who else is out there.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

This is very simplistic and very ignorant.

We've had millions of people migrating into and out of our nations for decades, immigration DID NOT start in the 90's.
The vast majority of people are good, kind, generous, caring people, nothing changes depending on where they come from or what race/religion they are.

We have FAR MORE white, British people in the UK who commit crimes than any other race/cultural group/religion. That's a fact, no matter how many ignorant people want to claim that "foreign" = criminal.

This problem is a result of a collection of psychopathic cults using social media and modern technology to influence brain-dead people looking for a cause and a tribe to be a part of.

You'll notice that almost every single one of those terrorists is in their 20's or 30's, from an impoverished area, with broken families, drug habits, criminal histories...

Just as young men from the same end up in gangs in the US, these people are easily duped into joining cults like ISIS.

Broken people are being recruited because they have little hope for their future and they are easily led into being manipulated. That's not an excuse (they're still just as f-ed up for being willing to hurt others) but they are no different to the mentally incapable teen in the US joining a local Christian cult or a street gang, they all come from the same broken backgrounds.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Being in Belgium,

in the last two hours papers are reporting that one of the arrested terrorist has changed his testimony and because of that they believe there is a possibility that Abdeslam and one other terrorist are on the loose in the Brussels area wearing bomb belts.
Other then that they aren't saying anything about the how and why.

If Abdeslam still has his bomb belt which, according to the source, he was supposed to use in Paris, then he'll probably still want to use it.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I really hope this doesn't get out of hand any more then it already has.
Everybody in the whole country seems to be on edge, it's scary and frustrating.

side note: who else here is actually from Belgium?
I live near Antwerp.
edit on 21/11/2015 by DigitalDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalDisaster

side note: who else here is actually from Belgium?
I live near Antwerp.

I'm north of Antwerp, near the border with Netherlands (and even there people are on edge
)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm from Hamme (Between Sint-Niklaas and Antwerp) a reply to: DigitalDisaster

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i'm 15 minutes south of Antwerp
every time i hear sirens,everybody in my street looks out of their window

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

There is quite a difference between youth from broken families and extremists that simply reject our society, norms and values.
If you would have read my reply you would know that your assumption about immigration starting in the nineties is false, i'm talking about the signs that were already visible back then.
I've lived in suburbs among turkish and antillean immigrants who were our neighbors in the 80s, back then everything was quite relaxed, well except when Musa started to play his guitar.
The shift started in the nineties and certainly after 9/11 everything changed completely.
We've had to protect people due to threats from extremists, Theo van Gogh should have been protected, sadly he was killed by an extremist.
What is this 'far more white' about? does it matter what the color of the skin is to you?
is this again your conclusion based on faulty reading? because nowhere do i imply or claim that immigrants are criminal, hell i've even stated that the extremists within our borders were born and raised in the west.
Above all a criminal is not extremist, they don't tend to blow themselves up or kill as many as possible, based on a theological motive.

You'll notice that almost every single one of those terrorists is in their 20's or 30's, from an impoverished area, with broken families, drug habits, criminal histories...

And why do you think that this is so, have you ever thought about the possibility that because they segregate themselves from our society, they put themselves in a position in which they rely on welfare benefits without any effort to develop themselves, to improve their skills, to participate and live together in our society.
No one is left behind unless they are unwilling to participate and segregate themselves.
Enough stubborn drop outs who think they are something while in fact they are losers with a big mouth and a heart full of hate against westerners.

I'm from a broken family, but me, my brothers and sisters never once have even toyed with the idea of killing people.
We've done things to survive, steal food and so on, but we did not segregate from the society and developed ourselves, our skills in order to be self sufficient and earn a decent salary.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalDisaster

Antwerp-Berchem here.
Grew up 15 minutes south of Antwerp

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ghent here,

A lot of Belgians here

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

edit on 22-11-2015 by KindraLaBelle because: double

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Movhisattva

cool, i'm from Edegem to be specific

originally posted by: Belgianbloke
Ghent here,

A lot of Belgians here

seems to be,yeah

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Nvm.
edit on 11/22/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sounds like the EU is running the post 911 and Boston Bomber playbook.

Oh yah, France and Belgium are NATO, got it.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxwell_Orlandis
Very stressing times for our small little Belgium. But we won't back down! Sad to say, as I'm a muslim myself, but I hope we get the filth that are ruining my weekend. @Wishermill, are you Belgian as well? If you're in the area, stay safe.

Whilst i appreciate that your Government is doing what it is doing to protect people, in actual fact you are backing down. Normal life has been suspended because of fears over an attack that may never actually materialise.

This is precisely the reaction terrorists go for.

By all means, increase security and be vigilant, but telling everyone to stay indoors cowering for several days, to avoid crowds, shutting down public transport and cancelling public events is pathetic. In fact, it spreads the fear far more than any attack would.

This wouldn't happen in the UK - the day after 7/7 all the buses were running (in actual fact, later the same day the buses were running again) the tube was running and people went about their business, even when another attack took place 2 weeks later, we were unfazed.

Grow some balls, for Pete's sake.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Summary.

At least 16 suspects were arrested today in Brussel.
It is now known that at least three extremists linked to the attack in Paris, came into Europe from Turkey.
19 houses were searched in Brussel, 3 in Charleroi
In Molenbeek, someone drove into the police officers with his car.
Abdeslam is still not caught, he escaped in a car which drove towards Germany.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
Grow some balls, for Pete's sake.

Yeah, grow a pair. If they blow up a crowd of defiant people, it's only a few dozen or so more. Who needs people, right? Safety? Pshht.

You should all go look for the guys, and hug them when they detonate.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Thank you for the update. Another thread was closed and pointed here, but this appeared 2 days old..

Much appreciated for the info !

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: whismermill

To every ats member in the area..... I hope you stay safe!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join