It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians inscribe 'For Paris' on bombs destined for Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Clearly Russia are on an all-out charm offensive backed by their controlled media with the message "look we are the good guys and fighting a common enemy". This will be lapped up by the RT.com followers and the Russian population who have little access to free media.

The reality is somewhat different. Russia is targeting all Assad opposition - including those who are supported by the West - the so called "moderates" Make no mistake, Russia's late intervention in this Muslim bloodbath is unhelpful and will prolong the agony.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20057861]

The reality is somewhat different. Russia is targeting all Assad opposition - including those who are supported by the West -

And you know this how exactly?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I don't disagree entirely with your posit. However, Obama polarized a lot of people by spending his first 6 years (possibly 7) in office blaming Bush for everything. Now the hens are coming home to roost.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

He meant: Russia is targeting all terrorists in Syria - including those who are supported by the west.

And we know it because Russia openly admits it.

I never liked writing notes on the bombs that will kill innocent people. I find it disgusting and just wrong.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.reuters.com...

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian ground crew are inscribing the words "For Paris" on some bombs destined to be dropped on targets in Syria, in a message of solidarity with the victims of last week's Paris attacks.

I dunno if all this bombing of IS is actually doing anything to slow them down but I support Russia and their stance against them.

I only hope no civilians are killed by their bombings because two wrongs don't make a right.

Anyon eleft in the ISIS controlled areas most likely support them so dont worry about civilian casualties. Let the russians flatten the area and salt the earth there if need be to end it.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I don't recall Obama blaming Bush for anything?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Agreed. But leaders putting aside their differences for a common goal to anihilate a universal threat makes too much sense. Common sense is a thing of the past these days, so i call bs on that statement.

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but I'm a realist after all...

I have the same view point. To many ego's at play and both sides want to look superior to the opposing side.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Clearly Russia are on an all-out charm offensive backed by their controlled media with the message "look we are the good guys and fighting a common enemy". This will be lapped up by the RT.com followers and the Russian population who have little access to free media.

The reality is somewhat different. Russia is targeting all Assad opposition - including those who are supported by the West - the so called "moderates" Make no mistake, Russia's late intervention in this Muslim bloodbath is unhelpful and will prolong the agony.

Yes, and others will lap up the western MSM propaganda that the US can do no wrong in its illegal efforts at "regime change".

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
And you know this how exactly?

Because Russia have never limited their mission to striking ISIS. In fact, early strikes were against the moderate opposition. Russia's mission is to keep Assad in power so all opposition is fair game. It's widely reported.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Photoshop this pic is not legit

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Oh puhleeze.

The real refugees have already fled. Did you miss the outpouring of humanity into Europe or something?

Those who are left behind are either sympathisers with ISIS or they are too stubborn to leave their homes.

Either way, they consciously made a choice to stay behind enemy lines. And as such sealed their own fate. ISIS uses them as shields and propaganda weapons to fool weak minds.

Russia really is doing the right thing and ISIS is being pushed back for once.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join