It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new ATS server coming soon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
"Low Bandwidth Mode" is designed to preserve server performance in times of high load. We currently run at about 800 gigabytes per month of total bandwidth, and our current contract caps at 1000 gigabytes. The new server contract allows up to 2000 gigabytes per month.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sweet. I see the IT Guy thought of everything to ensure things keep running smoothly. Kudos on the excellent job, again.

Seeing as new comers keeps coming in, and ATS is still getting ever more popular, I guess the previous cap limit would have been busted in a matter of months.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wow. That is one good server. Kudos to you SO for getting all this going, and for the heads up on possible downtimes. Also, it might be a good idea to keep Mackiller away from ATS during the transition.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
nd the current advertising income (saved up over 4-6 months) supports these upgrades.

I'm just amazed that people can make some money off of this sort of stuff. Its inspiring in a certain way.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
wow thats a big server and mustcost a lot maybe you guys should sell above top secret t-shirts or somthing i would buy one!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
*opens small trapdoor on side of ATS server*
*takes hamster off the spinny-wheel*
*replaces with new hamster*

This coming soon, SO? We're running out of hamsters for the old server and Kano won't clean up their poo anymore!

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Not that I wont clean it up, its just I'm running out of places to dispose of it after Banshee stopped asking for 'sprinkles' on her cappucinos.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Not that I wont clean it up, its just I'm running out of places to dispose of it after Banshee stopped asking for 'sprinkles' on her cappucinos.

The highs and lows of being a moderator

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

The highs and lows of being a moderator

That's okay.
Kano doesn't know what we do to all those pavlovas he keeps making us bake him.
Once that new server gets here, he'll be able to catch up on the U2Us we've sent him explaining everything.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well.. it will be better soon... Here's Netchicken testing out one of the new wheels to be used in the new server...

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
congrats on getting the new server!! I also can't wait for the light grey/blue "lowbandwidth mode" to dissappear. This just goes to show you how popular ATS has become, and that our members come here first for knowledge. It will be sad to see some things disabled (for now), but It will be worth it in the long run. I can't wait to see this site, after the server is up.

and good luck with installing the server, hopefully nothing goes wrong, and everything transitions smoothly!!

edit: so is that what netchickens job title is? lol.

[edit on 1/7/2005 by smilingsarah82]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join