It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN calls on world to fight ISIS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The United Nations has called the states to fight “a global and unprecedented threat to international peace and security” which is Islamic State (IS, ISIS/ISIL, Da’esh). All 15 members of the UN Security Council voted to adopt the French-proposed resolution.
The resolution “calls upon member states that have the capacity to do so to take all necessary measures ... on the territory under the control of ISIL ... in Syria and Iraq.”

IS “constitutes a global and unprecedented threat to international peace and security,” the resolution says.

Russia has repeatedly called for action to cut the terrorists’ financial lifelines, with President Vladimir Putin revealing on Monday that IS is receiving funding from 40 countries.

Syria’s UN Ambassador, Bashar Ja’afari, hinted prior to Friday’s vote that this resolution was long overdue. “Welcome to everybody who finally woke up and joined the club of combating terrorists.”

Meanwhile, Russia is continuing its work on a draft resolution proposing international military campaigns to fight against Islamic State. The current text is an updated version of a document submitted on September 30.

The text, submitted on November 18, stresses the need to coordinate military actions with the governments of the countries where the anti-terror operations are being conducted.

Russia’s Ambassador to the UN, Vitaly Churkin, said that Moscow is working towards having the draft resolution passed soon.

Churkin also stressed that it is shortsighted of some UNSC members to try to block Russia’s draft resolution on fighting terrorism.

“We believe the attempts by several members of the UN Security Council to block our work on the project is politically shortsighted. You can fight terrorism with one hand and with the other practically play along with them,” Churkin said.

After the vote, Churkin also added that the French delegates included “important corrections introduced by Russia” into the resolution.

Russia’s Ambassador to the UN was assertive when calling on international players to unite against the threat of global terrorism, adding that any plan must be based on “concrete steps.”

Looks like things are about to get interesting.
Makes one wonder how and what they will do to find an enemy with no borders.

Source: www.rt.com...

edit on 20-11-2015 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It makes me wonder how loose nations will be in defining terrorists. Scary stuff.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Makes me wonder where the hell the UN was when these guys first crawled out of the woodwork and started slaughtering people. They might have saved a lot of lives if they'd acted quickly.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I will make a prediction ( so it doesn't come true ) the World will find out Israel is actually ISIS and the whole world bands together to fight Israel in the battle of Armageddon.

Thermonuclear destruction to follow.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The resolution “calls upon member states that have the capacity to do so to take all necessary measures ... on the territory under the control of ISIL ... in Syria and Iraq.”

This can cause problems later on. Some parties will abuse the vague boundary lines and mess will take place.

Russia is already bombing FSA in the name of ISIS.

Wait until US starts bombing Assad forces in the name of ISIS.

Real need of the hour is to have Turkey and Saudi stop all their funding and efforts to help ISIS in the name of helping the FSA.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

The problem is that Iran and Russia want Assad to stay and the west wants him gone . I have to say that i am with Russia and Iran on this one , Look how getting rid of Ghaddafi and Saddam worked out for us .
edit on 20-11-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
What we are witnessing folks, is the United Nations execution of their desire for a global law enforcement body - made up entirely of member nations to go after and kill "terrorists" where ever they may be.

Now the urban warfare drills on the domestic home front are making more sense because the terrorists live next door.

Let's all hold hands and welcome this decision to usher in phase 1 of the New World Order.

Thanks terrorists!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
I will make a prediction ( so it doesn't come true ) the World will find out Israel is actually ISIS and the whole world bands together to fight Israel in the battle of Armageddon.

Thermonuclear destruction to follow.

You think you're joking but if you're into the whole endtimes gog/magog prophecies then Israel being set up as the fall guy for organizing ISIS and it resulting in the world turning on them would be a feasible scenario.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
What we are witnessing folks, is the United Nations execution of their desire for a global law enforcement body - made up entirely of member nations to go after and kill "terrorists" where ever they may be.

Now the urban warfare drills on the domestic home front are making more sense because the terrorists live next door.

Let's all hold hands and welcome this decision to usher in phase 1 of the New World Order.

Thanks terrorists!

Great response as usual*applause*,it will be interesting to see more of the NWO plan unfold,hopefully we will be prepared for what ever crazy plan comes next.There have been all sorts of urban training ops this year and last,I actually had a helicopter shake my house several times in one month last year because it was flying low for some sort of urban training.(or the government really felt like annoying me that month)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Evidence please.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
So the member states are starting to give the UN "teeth" or their authority to enforce by any means necessary international peace & security?

Hmm interesting....

Rev 17:17 "For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought, yes, to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished."

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Thanks terrorists!

Well of course, silly !

Did you think our governments were sponsoring these guys over the past several decades was all just for poops and giggles ?

Pfft.

Ze plan... she haz finally started to make fruit, comrades !

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JulieBayley

Is the Pope armed to fight ISIS?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Here is your rifle Mr UN and there are the terrorist's go and fight them on your own, don't expect our children to go and fight them for you and die.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

You hit the nail on the head with that one.

Good luck getting me though, gonna have to take my dead corpse to the camps cuz they're not going to take me alive for their sick plans.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Since ISIS has been going about pissing off country after country and now the call to unite against a common enemy is being established, could this be a modern version of project blue beam? So many people with so many cameras know of this project idea that it would be rally hard to execute convincingly, but a more tangible and profitable almost liquid terrorist enemy would certainly work.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

As they might have planned this long before. I remembered the words from someone who worked for NASA, playing with a stack of cards, but I'd liked that we skip terrorism now and go straight to the asteroid treat. ..

edit on 0b21America/ChicagoSat, 21 Nov 2015 02:06:21 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 21 Nov 2015 02:06:21 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: VashTheStampede

This raises the question, just how big and powerful is ISIS? I've not read anything on here about how big a force ISIS and how powerful they are. I've heard this discused in any media I read.

Why is is? why do all these people who urge us to fight ISIS never discuss their size, power and capabilites of ISIS.

Its becoming distinctly obvious that according to the leaders of the west that ISIS must, it would seem, must have 200,000 men, 1,000 heavy battle tanks, 1,000 units of heavy artiliarty and millions of rounds of small arms weapons and hundreds of jet fighter aircraft.

I read no so long ago that the US used 70 million rounds of amo each year in Iraq. ISIS has been going for a couple of years now and noone seems to be making a dent in them, accept Russia,

Something dont smell right to me, smells like another invisible army that represents no end of threat to the whole world. well ...... yea rght.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
come on... some 20.000 ISIS fighters...?!
all it takes is 100 bombing runs a day instead of five and a full on ground offensive.
should be done in a matter of two weeks.

obviously they don't want ISIS to be stopped.
too much to gain for TPTB. police state, take away legal guns, microchips, a people in chaos is more easy to manipulate etc.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: JulieBayley

Is the Pope armed to fight ISIS?

The Pope has God on his side.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join