It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being human

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
So... on my harddrive I find a lot of unfinished texts which I have written, I write a lot about spirituality and philosophy. Today I decided to share this text I just now re-read and just sharing it without having to tidy it up or write a proper ending.

Here you go:

Being Human

We are stupid animals born into advanced societies, societies which has evolved faster than our own ape like bodies.

Previous knowledge and stupidity is fed to us through our ability of using spoken and written language. This previous knowledge helps us seem more intelligent than what we actually are, hence we believe ourselves that we are intelligent animals.

Every society builds on the combination of accumulated knowledge and stupidity collected by other human animals.

And when we are born into these societies we either conform or die, there is no way to opt out.

We either follow their stupidity or we will suffer.

In the jungle without society the human animal could maintain happiness by eating bananas all day long. Bananas which are found in the threes all around them. Life was simple there and they could spend most of their time doing whatever they felt like doing.

But in the society to do something as simple as to eat, the human animals must first go to school for about a quarter of their life where they will learn all kinds of nonsense which supposedly is necessary for them to function in a job and in the society in general. Then they have to get a job and work 8 hours each day 5 days a week to earn enough money to be able to buy their food at their local supermarket.

When they are little this food is of course provided to them by their parents and they grow up knowing little about the harsh reality which awaits them.

Most humans actually grow up with the false thought that the human society is a nice and friendly place were we will be happy and be able to live out our dreams. That the Earth is a nice place full of wonders and beauty.

The parents do their best to manipulate children into believing this, they even make them believe in magical stuff like the "Santa Clause" or "Jesus" and then put them in front of televisions with braindead entertainment consisting of fiction mostly where others are happy and gets to do awesome stuff. This then enforces their believes that as grown ups their lives will too be full of happy and awesomeness, and that stuff like true love is inevitable.

There are so much information needed and weird rules to follow for humans to function in society that many of them collapses under all this pressure since their animal bodies are not designed for this. The society then labels them as humans with psychological problems, as if there is something wrong with them when they are not able to adapt or if they want to kill themselves when they see the world for what it is.

Humans wanting to kill themselves are seen on as malfunctioning humans in need of brainwashing and/or medication making them enjoy life again so they can continue to serve society.

Since for society to function the humans in it always need to maintain a steady growth of workplaces so the humans can earn enough money for food and produce enough food and unnecessary things for other humans to be able to thrive. For some reason the societies are dependent on an ever expanding growth to function or they will collapse. It is like a ever growing tumor.

All this growth is of course destroying the rest of our planet Earth. To feed ourselves we torture and exterminate the other animals on this planet. Or society tells us that this is okay and that everything will be fine, which most of the stupid human animals choose to believe of course, so they can focus more on their work and continue their ways of living.

Humans are driven by stupidity and ego, there are only a few who let their more spiritual side guide them.

But humans try to follow a thing called democracy. This is a system they believes will give them freedom and help them make the best decisions for their society. The way it works is that humans gets to vote on groups of other humans and that the groups getting the most votes are the ones able to change the way our society functions.

Sadly this system is flawed since there are more un-intelligent humans than intelligent humans. So this system really only promotes stupidity since the votes of the stupid humans always outnumber the votes of the intelligent humans. And this again happens when voting for the humans to include in the groups that they are voting on. So we basically end up with different groups of the most stupid humans out there which is then being voted upon to control the society.

Nor does it give the humans freedom to vote on every decision having to be made, they just have to pray that the group they voted upon will do the right thing. And often that group just pretended that they were going to change more than what they ended up changing, or doesn't dare to change much after all or is even hindered by other groups.

So the voters really have not much control, yet they are brainwashed into thinking that they have.

Change is also getting more and more difficult since no body dares to make those changes where (and this is where I stopped writing)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanormalGuy

And when we are born into these societies we either conform or die, there is no way to opt out.

I disagree with these statements. There are ways to opt out of the stupidity, and conformity - or rather the desire to conform - is often what leads to our suffering.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
To Quote Douglas Adams,

“Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western spiral arm of the galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this, at a distance of roughly ninety million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet, whose ape descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea. This planet has, or had, a problem, which was this. Most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small, green pieces of paper, which is odd, because on the whole, it wasn't the small, green pieces of paper which were unhappy. And so the problem remained, and lots of the people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake coming down from the trees in the first place, and some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no-one should ever have left the oceans. And then one day, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, a girl, sitting on her own in a small cafe in Rickmansworth suddenly realised what it was that had been going wrong all this time and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no-one would have to get nalied to anything. Sadly, however, before she could get to a phone to tell anyone, the Earth was unexpectedly demolished to make way for a new hyperspace bypass and so the idea was lost forever.”

Sorry but I was thinking that the whole time I read your post.

But then I did compare you to one of the greats.

something to chew on.

CoBaZ

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

I disagree with these statements. There are ways to opt out of the stupidity, and conformity - or rather the desire to conform - is often what leads to our suffering.

Yeah, I do write stuff in a bit extreme manner to get people thinking, they are not necessarily absolute facts.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

Hehehe, thank you for sharing that!

Never read the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy but I did see the filmatisations.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

Yeah, I do write stuff in a bit extreme manner to get people thinking, they are not necessarily absolute facts.

I like what you wrote.

It did make me think of this quote from
"A Course In Love" where Jesus says:

What happened in the case of human beings, was a disconnect from you own true nature, which in turn cause a disconnect in your ability to express love, which in turn caused a disconnect in your ability to know God, because you did not know yourself.

The world is meaningless. To be attached to this
meaningless world is insane. To value the valueless
is insane. Such only produces suffering. Is there no
end to suffering? Is there no end to this madness?

Why should you not be bitter when you and all of those you love will surely suffer and eventually die? Why not be bitter when you believe you are powerless? How difficult it is to believe that you need not change the world but only yourself. How difficult to imagine that htis one change could bring ab out all the changers you would imagine that even an army of angels could not bring about. While such a thought remains inconceivable to you it will not come to be.

Why would anyone look for an end to suffering if
they felt such a thing was impossible? What we do
instead is look for treatments for our symptoms,
not believing there is a cure. And so, no end is
sought because an end to suffering seems like
the impossible dream. Why seek and end to
what seems endless?

I wonder, is it possible that suffering has gone on
for countless ages simply due to our inability to
birth the idea of an end to suffering?

Buddha had that accomplishment. That knowing.
At first he wanted to remain silent, because he knew
this knowingness was beyond words. Buddha was
held by a new certainty: matter doesn't matter.
This was not learned wisdom, this was more than
that. It was "truth of no man," and it was "the truth
of being no man." It was end of suffering.

It was the end to self inflicted pain, the beginning
of a new knowingness: "Knowing of Divine Self"
or what some today call "Christ-Consciousness."

has not a part of you always known that suffering does not have to be even while you have accepted that it is? Let us now put an end to this acceptance through the birth of a new idea. It is an idea that says "only that which come from love is real." It is an idea that says "only that which fits within the laws of love is reality." It is an idea that say "all that love would not create does not exist."

And now a quote from "A New Earth"

The collective disease of humanity is that people are so engrossed in what happens, so hypnotized by the world of fluctuating forms, so absorbed in the content of their lives, they have forgotten the essence, that which is beyond content, beyond form, beyond thought. They are so consumed by time that they have forgotten eternity, which is their origin, their home, their destiny. Eternity is the living reality of who you are.

Eckhart Tolle goes on to say:

Some years ago when visiting China, I came upon a stupa on a mountaintop near Guilin. It had writing embossed in gold on it, and asked my Chinese host what it meant.

"It means 'Buddha.' " he said.

"Why are there two Characters rather than one?" I asked.

"One," he explained, means 'man.' The other mens 'no.' And the two together means 'Buddha.' "

I stood there in awe. The character for Buddha, already contained the whole teaching of the Buddha, and for those who have eyes to see, the secret of life,. Here are the two dimensions that make up reality, thingness and non-thingness, form and the denial of form, which is the recongintion that form is not who you are.

edit on 21-11-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

top topics

join