It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crackdown Begins: EU Strengthens Control Of "Legal" Firearms After Paris Attacks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Strange, I did not know that the recent terrorists in Europe with full auto AK 47's acquired them legally.... LOL

This is sad. So if you actually legally have a weapon for self-defense you may have a good chance of loosing it then because ISIS terrorists are legally acquiring them ? (I somehow doubt that highly, I assume they illegally acquired their arms)

Anyone else see the stupidity here? How about disarming all of your European Police forces so that ISIS cannot get their weapons as well? Ridiculous.

So, because bad guys are getting military grade firearms to use against you, you are supposed to relinquish what is left of your legally owned firearms?

Why? to make yourselves even more defenseless?

Insanity.

www.china.org.cn...

The European Commission on Wednesday adopted a package of measures to strengthen control of firearms across the European Union(EU).

The measures will help prevent terrorists from accessing weapons in the EU, better track legally held firearms and increase cooperation between member states, it said in a statement.

The package of measures includes a revision of the firearms directive to tighten controls on the acquisition and possession of firearms, which need to be approved by the European Parliament and European Council.

An implementing regulation on common minimum standards for deactivation of firearms is included in the package, which sets out common and strict criteria on the way member states must deactivate weapons.

"Today's proposal will help us tackle the threat of weapons falling into the hands of terrorists. We are proposing stricter controls on sale and registration of firearms, and stronger rules to irrevocably deactivate weapons," said Juncker.

www.blacklistednews.com... 7430/0/38/38/Y/M.html

And while on average European citizens are less weaponized than the US (except of course for the safest people in Europe, the Swiss, where 30% own guns ), just like that what little armaments can be obtained legally has been drastically reduced. As for whether this “Crack down” by Brussels bureaucrats will put even the tiniest dent in the procurement of weapons by ISIS, we have just one word: Chicago.

edit on 20-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I want my gun on my hip now more than ever..

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

maybe all the false flagger were right about it being a false flag but for the wrong reasons.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It is weird ! Kalashnikovs are very european.. like in every corner...

I guess the problem are women .. Austrian women who have bought all the guns from Austrian gunshops. Girl gotta protect herself.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This response by the EU is completely lacking in logic. It won't help anyone, but the terrorists.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

People are stupid and the more fear they allow themselves to be poisoned by, the stump dumber they become.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Patently absurd. Like these knuckleheads went to a licensed gun shop and purchased full auto military grade weapons. They got them from the same place as all of the terrorist groups, gangs and other n'er do well outfits...the black market...fully supplied by US military arming "moderate rebels," or Cartels in Mexico. Beautiful reasoning these morons have.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wait for it.....
It will be the trigger here in the US.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Could be all.part of the U.N. small arms treaty. Sure sounds like the start of it. Wasn't it supposed to go into effect in October of this year?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Well if you tootle into a section 5 shop in the UK and expect to buy a full auto machine gun you'll be as as dumb as a bunch of rocks and probably they have a button under the counter to summon plod quietly

it aint as easy to rock up and get a machine gun here (even with a letter from your mum)

I'd imagine the main thought will be on ensuring that deactivated weapons cannot be re activated as some of the older weapons to of been reactivated are grandfathered and probably wouldn't be too hard to reactivate

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The first time the U.K is attacked by terrorists firing AK-47's, then people will start demanding the right to bear arms.

The trouble is if this were to be allowed, we have some very extreme views from both ends of the spectrum, it could end up a blood bath.

The E.U are doing the right thing if it's been legal to purchase automatic rifles such as the above mentioned, on the open market. After all, maniacs purchasing these weapons of mass destruction, can change your way of life, beyond recognition.
edit on 20/11/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: Sham a ling duk duk

edit on 20/11/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: Ramalangadingdong

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The attacks in Paris could not be a more plain example of how the right to bear arms cannot, and must not be infringed.

Parisians should be calling for their own 2nd Amendment (for whatever it's worth these days), but in all probability will believe the statist lies of the EU (and the UN) and go along with further degradation of France's almost non-existent personal defense rights.

I don't understand how people can be this stupid. Propaganda saturation simply doesn't explain it all. There is clearly some type of mental disorder at work here.
edit on 11/20/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
The attacks in Paris could not be a more plain example of how the right to bear arms cannot, and must not be infringed.

Parisians should be calling for their own 2nd Amendment (for whatever it's worth these days), but in all probability will believe the statist lies of the EU (and the UN) and go along with further degradation of France's almost non-existent personal defense rights.

I don't understand how people can be this stupid. Propaganda saturation simply doesn't explain it all. There is clearly some type of mental disorder at work here.

And they think WE are crazy because we want (actually demand) to be able and legally defend ourselves from an armed criminal or other individual that would do us (and our families) harm, government and fools be damned.

I don't get it.
edit on 20-11-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Like its going to be fun in places that serve alcohol where 'you spilled my pint' doesn't end up in a bit of a face off but 5 people dead and 27 injured when you pull out two handguns and go all 'murican.

we drink more over in europe so drinking+guns aint going to be the right combo.

Could i imagine a bunch over here in the uk of chav's tanked up on cheap cider with weaponry ...... fecking hell if that happens i want m-60's with DU ammo

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

And they think WE are crazy because we want (actually demand) to be able and legally defend ourselves from an armed criminal or other individual that would do us (and our families) harm, government and fools be damned.

I don't get it.

Let's keep in mind that these are not "criminals". These are not people breaking into your house or mugging you on the street. These people are at war with you. Even if you don't buy the "terrorism narrative" as far as who is really responsible for what (which I don't), the simple fact of the matter is that Europe now has an incognito army ready, willing and able to indiscriminately kill whomever it chooses, whenever it chooses, without warning.

And they want people to call the police?

Have they gone completely mad?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
a reply to: NthOther

Like its going to be fun in places that serve alcohol where 'you spilled my pint' doesn't end up in a bit of a face off but 5 people dead and 27 injured when you pull out two handguns and go all 'murican.

we drink more over in europe so drinking+guns aint going to be the right combo.

Could i imagine a bunch over here in the uk of chav's tanked up on cheap cider with weaponry ...... fecking hell if that happens i want m-60's with DU ammo

Yes, yes and thrice yes.

Absolutely agree with all of that, tanked up chavs, extreme religious beliefs, bankers, politicians (most, not all), oh and suicide bombers.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
dbl

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Maybe that's the point?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
The first time the U.K is attacked by terrorists firing AK-47's, then people will start demanding the right to bear arms.

The trouble is if this were to be allowed, we have some very extreme views from both ends of the spectrum, it could end up a blood bath.

I don't believe that would be the case. We don't have a culture of private firearms ownership, so the right to bear arms is not something which would immediately leap to mind for most people. It's more likely the British public would demand an increased Police presence on the streets, trusting them to act as a deterrent or defence, or even would happily accept a routine military presence in public areas.

I have to agree though with a number of the comments here regarding the somewhat illogical reasoning behind the new European gun controls, although given the circumstances I can also understand why those same controls may be desired by some in officialdom.

However, the irony now will be that if someone wants a firearm badly enough but is blocked from access by these new regulations, they'd probably seek them out illegally and possibly end up with military grade hardware as opposed to a shotgun or .22 rifle which would otherwise be the norm for a casual owner.

edit on 20-11-2015 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
yaaay, if they make guns illegal the terrorist will stop murdering!

well, anyone still believes this ISIS crisis is not on purpose?
first bring chaos, then disarm the people and here comes the NWO!

next step will be subcutaneus chips to track the refugees and terrorist. immediately followed by chips for everyone.

when will we stand up and shout "it's enough!" ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join