It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Mail exactly the same in a parallel universe where the Nazis won.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My favourite satire news source really hits the nail on the head with this one in my opinion. Many a true word said in jest.

THE Daily Mail in an alternate universe where Hitler won the war is absolutely identical, it has been confirmed.

Scientists created a window into another dimension to view the newspaper, in the hope of gaining insight into how history had developed differently, but instead it was just the Daily Mail. Professor Helen Archer said: “At first we were appalled by the nightmarish world of deep-seated paranoia, hatred of everyone and unwavering faith in war as the solution to everything, then we realised how familiar it seemed. “Page for page, comma for comma, not a single difference.

The British monarchy are likely a puppet regime installed as a smokescreen for Nazi despots, but you’d never know it from the Mail. “One researcher believed he’d detected a sinister undercurrent of Aryan supremacy in the depiction of the Kardashians, but it turned out he’d been looking at the one from our universe by mistake.

“We’re working on a new theory which posits that the single constant in an infinity of parallel universes is that the Daily Mail is just as vile in all of them.”

Daily Mash

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: deliberator

Not bad. Along with capturing the German police state apparatus and propaganda machine, armaments of the Third Reich were brought home and ultra developed, too.

Sich Heil!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Okay, just joking along the lines of 72 virgins and all…

"The comparison is no longer metaphorical. It is literal. The U.S. government is following the recipe to the letter: The selling of fear to create a reaction where citizens demand greater 'security,' the centralization of power, the suspension of civil rights, the defiance of accepted international law, the control of the press through threats and propaganda, the excusing of war crimes committed by our own military leaders, the arrogance of believing the whole world should think, and act, and govern just like us. These are the ideas of madmen, and yet today, they are now official policy of the United States government."

Hermes

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Funny thing is, the Daily Mail is the best selling newspaper, even in liberal universities.

immigrants who want to move to the country just to claim benefits are a drain on taxpayers earnings, and those that want to work are extra competition for housing and health services. They can't win either way.

I've seen how industry has changed over 20 years. All companies used to have final salary pension schemes. You stayed with your employer for your entire life and if you were lucky, could take early retirement. Now all of these have been asset stripped, and you are lucky not to be asked to take a pay cut after a couple of years, let alone keep your job.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
This is a joke forum, so are you suggesting that, and the source, are untrue?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384
a reply to: intrptr
This is a joke forum, so are you suggesting that, and the source, are untrue?

Just 'playing along' with the OP:

My favourite satire news source really hits the nail on the head with this one in my opinion. Many a true word said in jest.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

edit on 20-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I've seen how industry has changed over 20 years. All companies used to have final salary pension schemes. You stayed with your employer for your entire life and if you were lucky, could take early retirement. Now all of these have been asset stripped, and you are lucky not to be asked to take a pay cut after a couple of years, let alone keep your job.
a reply to: stormcell

I can understand this. Originally in the NHS 1995 scheme retiring at 60 and after several years working abroad (lapse in pension payments) I was forced to join the 2008 scheme. Now being forced to join the 2015 scheme with retirement at 67 and final salary now a career average (used to be the best year out of the last three).

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Same old argument again and again. That's what people said about the Jews, the Vietnamese, and now the Syrians.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Lord Rothermere was a friend of Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler, and directed the Mail's editorial stance towards them in the early 1930s.[32][33] Rothermere's 1933 leader "Youth Triumphant" praised the new Nazi regime's accomplishments, and was subsequently used as propaganda by them.[34] In it, Rothermere predicted that "The minor misdeeds of individual Nazis would be submerged by the immense benefits the new regime is already bestowing upon Germany". Journalist John Simpson, in a book on journalism, suggested that Rothermere was referring to the violence against Jews and Communists rather than the detention of political prisoners

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Daily mail has always had its flirtations with facism, no wonder it's been a popular source on ATS recently
edit on 20-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The Daily Mail gives me anxiety. Anytime i read more than a single article, I kinda wanna lock my doors and shut myself in. It's nothing but fear mongering rubbish. Awfully written and littered with spelling and grammar mistakes.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

It has always disturbed me how nonchalant the Daily Mail are in posting hate-fuelling tripe. Just goes to show how little sense of responsibility tabloids have now. It's all about the money!

top topics

join