It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kasich Proposes New Government Agency To Promote Judeo-Christian Values

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Is he trying to bring back the Inquisition? What's next the burning of Atheists, Wiccans and other non Christians?
edit on 20-11-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
We still have "The Voice of America" which promotes American values (i.e. American propaganda) via radio broadcasts all over the world. It doesn't have the religious angle Kasich is calling for. (Which, of course, would be unconstitutional as others have noted.) But it offers the rest. And it could be expanded.

Between VoA & Vatican Radio, Kasich is late to the party -- his idea's been covered for a long, long time. Since WW2 in the case of VR. It was used to funnel info to Allies & broadcast general propaganda back then.

Yep, Vatican Radio. The West's original religion & propaganda radio source, since WW2. Founded in the early 30's,I think, though. I believe it even proceeded Voice of America by a good decade or more.
edit on 11/20/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Kasich is an idiot and I should know...he is my Governor.

I am actually surprised by this announcement. He usually is too Progressive for me and now he is too Religious at the same time. Who knew that was a thing?

On one hand I'm surprised he would do this, on the other hand in an election where the leading candidate is an evangelical who is getting broad support because he talks about attempting to stab a guy, I'm not surprised. Gotta lock up that Christian vote.

That said, everyone should laugh at this plan and call Kasich out on it.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Somebody should tell the Governor that there is already an 'agency' to push Judeo-Christian values across the world.

Its called the Church.

Though it is true that in many ways the Church has given up that mandate and turned to money-grubbing instead; perhaps Kasich could promote a return to Judeo-Christian values in the Church instead.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Constitution says no.

This is definitely very clear.

originally posted by: rnaa

Somebody should tell the Governor that there is already an 'agency' to push Judeo-Christian values across the world.

It's called the Church.

I think this is the correct approach.
edit on 21amSat, 21 Nov 2015 01:04:50 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Personally, I am dead against a government agency coming into existence ANYWHERE to promote (indoctrinate) religion to the people, brain washing them into believing that which they might otherwise disbelieve, and I say that from the position of a Christian.

One cannot convert people by force of arms or official decree. It is not for mortal man to decide on behalf of others, how religion will be approached, if at all. Aside from any ideological issues I might have with the level of tyranny involved in such an effort, I also believe that each persons path to belief is different, and that people should be free to find God, or not, as their heart demands of them, and with freedom of choice, not cajoling or strong arming.

Jesus never said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. None come to the father, but by me and my legion of robe wearing sycophants, or even better, this legion of pencil pushing former border control agents."

There is a reason he never said that, in my opinion. But even taking away the issues I have with this which relate directly to my faith, there is something deeply suspicious about anyone who would suggest setting up an office to promote religion to people on behalf of the state, and something even more suspicious about such an office promoting only two religious standpoints, given the huge spectrum of possibilities out there!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
All I can do is slam my head into my wooden desk and lament yet another complete and utter lunatic in US government, and government in general.

I wish I could go run for President. My running motto would be "Let's not be really stupid, and also actually follow the constitution. Ever."
edit on 22/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join