It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unity/Togetherness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hello all,

I'm an old reader/new member and this is the first of a few threads I'd intended to start. As a disclaimer, I'd like to point out that this question doesn't lean toward any particular system of belief; all views are welcome.

If we are all made of the same collective space-dust, to truly achieve a unified consciousness, how are we to accept responsibility for events which occur out of our individual control? As I am a physical organism capable of typing this, am I also the chair I'm sitting on, the food I've eaten, the crimes committed from one man to another, as I am a tsunami, destroying peoples' homes and lives?

To tune in to an enlightened collective consciousness, how do we go about realisation and apology? And, does enlightenment and unity only concern 'conscious' entities themselves?
Or, is consciousness as we know it limited to the individual organism experiencing it?

Now that I read what I've just written back, it seems like a lot of questions and a broad topic. I'm mainly asking in the hope that people can share some thoughts and insights. Hopefully this was in the right forum, I look forward to hearing some thoughts on this.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Resostone
Personally I believe that we have to stop trying to be everything to everybody. I can type out pages of what I think the solution is, but it is of no value to me, you or anyone else. First it will be only my idea, my opinion, which everyone, especially online has.

You are not going to find a solution online. The internet is nothing more than a pulpit for everyone that thinks they are smarter than, and righter than, everyone else on the planet. The internet is the place they think they can prove this to a bunch of other strangers, that are no more interested in what they have to say, than they have in actually listening to anyone else. The majority of people listening, are the people like you, that are lurkers and readers.

IMHO the solution starts extremely small. You don't build a room onto you house by starting on the house of a stranger across the ocean. Start with home and community. As your community grows it will be able to move outside of its local borders and merge with other communities and hopefully eventually spread out to include our neighbors far and wide.

As long as your children and the children of your neighbors are hungry and naked, it doesn't make much sense to try to fix the problem miles away by ignoring the problems in your own home and community.

I am speaking solely as an advocate of building community unity, strength, and growth so we will have the numbers and resources to continue to grow and provide for greater numbers of peoples and further away. When you have a strong, productive and growing community, you have a much greater chance of success.

This will likely be my last post in your thread, because I am busy trying to live the words I type, but I do get breaks. Also I have given up on any threads that perpetuated racism and hatred of any peoples or groups of people, no matter how cleverly they think they have disguised their agenda.

Welcome and good luck with your thread. If you have been a lurker long enough, you already know that you have to have a thick skin to participate here. Don't be side swiped the way I was. Sometimes thick skin is not enough. Sometimes you just have to leave the areas that are so toxic they start to make you sick.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
all is one and one is all--but it is our differences that make us beautiful. each of us is unique. yes, we are all human and yes, we all matter equally. but no, we are not the same. i dislike the new trend of trying to pretend that we are all the same. I want nothing to do with it. I'm me. And I'm going to always be me.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I'm new around here too.

As to your question, I would say you can't assume responsibility for the actions of others. It doesn't hold. If you're responsible for the actions of others, it implies that you are the only human with free will.

There is a connection between all of us, I feel this is true, but there is also a connection between the goose and the pond the goose is flying over. The image of the goose is reflected on the water. But the goose had no responsibility in making that reflection happen, just as the pond had no desire to receive it.

There is a unity in that, but there is also a separateness in actions and decisions.

Bottom line is: don't assume that the horrors you witness happen just for you to observe them. But since things happen, you could always keep in mind the lessons you might learn from them.
edit on 21-11-2015 by DarmokAndJalad because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You are thinking with emotions that are feeding off of irrelevant concepts such as good and bad, right and wrong. In the "collective" they are simply two sides of the same coin. Apologies are not necessary. Everything is as it should be. As it is intended to be.
Accept that and you will have taken your first real step toward enlightenment.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Thanks all for your responses so far.
My personal views differ from the assumptions I put forth - I didn't intend to make this post about myself. I regularly come across posts which refer to an enlightened, unified consciousness and wondered what peoples' thoughts are on this particular aspect.
Thanks again!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Many are already there. Enlightened. Some are so enlightened, know so much illuminating truth, they wish not to exist anymore. It is powerful and has its consequences.

I am sure there are lurkers who have read your post and all the replies and totally got where you and they are comimg from with consciousness merging.

The progression of unified consciousness, the merging, is making many sick because of the magnitude of the greed, hate, despair, pain. Its toxic.

This is a diseased phase of the quest for unified conciousness. Its not going well. I don't think its fair for so many women who are good hearted to be drug through this like this. This is not as it should be. Was never intended for us. Unified consciousness is an experiment . It is alien in orgin.

Let your AlienTechnoHandlers take responsibility for the damage they are causing merging the consciousness of a psychopath, for instance, with someone good natured like youself. No. This is not as it should be.

Should you try to become "the chair" you are sitting on and succeed, next, see if you can become your nearest cell phone tower and yell out in your loudest voice, "ET's take responsibility for what you have done to the human race!"

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kaiju

You are thinking with emotions that are feeding off of irrelevant concepts such as good and bad, right and wrong.

This alone could be several individual threads.

Though many will disagree, right and wrong are totally subjective, and it has nothing to do with religious concepts. It is mostly determined by what and how it affects you as an individual. Life and death situations can make the call of right and wrong different for all involved.

Even basic determinations of identifications are based on an individual’s personal experience. Something as simple as identifying something as sweet; would you know it is sweet if you never tasted something sour, to be able to make the comparison. How does your classification of sweet compare to someone else's?

We can be alike but still have our differences, and there is nothing wrong with that, until we try to change everyone else’s differences, so they are no longer differences and match your own.

We are all Earthlings and the fact that we are all different is the glue that keeps this planet intact. Our difference creates a symbiotic environment that ensures survival for us all.

top topics

join