It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Temple chapters offer Muslim communities help against ‘right wing xenophobia’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Bloody Satanic do-gooders, I'm fed up with them.

But yes more help, less hate I can definitely agree with.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
"Satanists helping Muslims?! They must be on the same team!"

-Christians

I see this as giving Christians even more reason to be Islamophobic. Good on those Satanists though! They're not as bad as a lot of people think.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

But that's part of the appeal of what they are doing. By pointing out the obvious hypocrisy, when they double down on their hypocrisy it makes it that much more obvious to everyone else.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Damned if you do, damned if you don't appears to be a fitting scenario here however in the interests of self preservation against those who have been sucked in by the propaganda (like this bloke in the vids below), if I was an American Muslim and felt threatened, I'd be exercising my 2nd amendment right.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Indeed.

I just think it would also be understandable if some persons in effected communities felt uncomfortable doing that, knowing that it would just widen the target on their back in the eyes of some. It is a very difficult situation, and one that those who are under threat at this time should not be under.

What an appalling situation to be in!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That is EXACTLY what I mean.

We all know how media spins the truth to make things appear however they like, and the trouble is, that a significantly intelligent individual will know that, and know that their actions can be read many different ways, dependant on context, and that context is hard to control, especially if things go so horribly wrong that one cannot speak for oneself and ones motivations.

It is a catch 22...hell, its closer to a 44. Double the trouble, so to speak.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Yea, I think if I were a Muslim fearing to go somewhere, I'd hit up the Satanic Temple and ask them to help me instead. Last thing I'd want to do is cause any unnecessary confusion. Logic and rhetoric go out the window when "fear" is in the air.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

That's why, for all that I am a Christian myself, I cannot help but see what the Satanic temple are doing as a positive, one which is sorely needed in such a strange and dangerous period as the one in which we seem to be living.

The air itself in many places across the world right now, is charged, thick with an accelerant which at the merest spark, could ignite into something even more abominable than what has already come to pass, and I hope and pray that the efforts of the folk who are stepping up to help in this time of need, provide the breeze which is necessary to carry this volatility out of the air, and away from the casual pyromania of hatred which seems to be spreading through societies world wide right now.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Now I've seen it all.... lol

And to think that muslims hate satanists more than christians do...

To hell with that, when everyone playing political PR games, all ideologies go out the window...

Still funny though...
edit on FriFri, 20 Nov 2015 07:38:45 -06001AMk000000Fridayam by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Actually what's going to happen is that in a few weeks to a month from now the news cycle will roll over and everyone will be freaking out about something else this time.

What's mind blowing is how the fearful tell me that I'M being irrational when they are yelling at me to freak out whenever these silly scares happen.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I find it interesting that the immediate response from some very vocal Christians was not happiness or joy that someone is helping those in need and danger (as Christ taught) but merely snide, erroneous remarks that attempt to belittle a kind offer on the part of others.

Interesting that The Satanic Temple (atheistic) is actually living up to its precepts as opposed to other (religious) hypocrites:

There are seven fundamental tenets.

One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.

The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.

Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.

People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.

Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word

The Satanic Temple - The Seven Tenets
edit on 20-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What's the motivation when people throw blood at women entering a clinic?

What's the motivation when people treat all people they believe look like Muslims (that's a real thing) as terrorists and call to threaten them? Or even worse physically attack them?

So if the motivation, as it appears to be in this case, is two-pronged, one to calmly point out hypocrisy and the other to actually help people as they do so, where's the harm?
edit on 11/20/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yea, I think if I were a Muslim fearing to go somewhere, I'd hit up the Satanic Temple and ask them to help me instead. Last thing I'd want to do is cause any unnecessary confusion. Logic and rhetoric go out the window when "fear" is in the air.

But would you though, really? Or would you maybe just think that this would upset christian groups and avoid them both? It seems unecessarily devisive to me, when what the world needs right now is cohesion.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Ah, Satanists, making all kinds of assumptions. Don't they know that asses don't have cloven hooves? Apparently not either that or satanic ones do.

Ah, Conservative/Fundamentalist followers of all three Abrahamic religions being tricked by Satan into doing his work since... always.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I guess it really all depends on how badly I wanted to go some where, how much I currently feared for my life, and how much I actually knew about the Satanic Temple as a Muslim.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

It's a sad day when we're scared of our neighbours, and any port in a storm should be welcomed. Fear can make folk do daft things. Here's hoping this 'backlash' is all just hot air and no one gets hurt.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I think Muslims and Satanists have a lot in common. You could also include Democrats in there. It's a match made in Heaven? Nah, probably not Heaven. Hahaha

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
I think Muslims and Satanists have a lot in common. You could also include Democrats in there. It's a match made in Heaven? Nah, probably not Heaven. Hahaha

You forgot Nazis.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Such as? Democrats, satanists and muslims? Are you sure? What on earth are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Just to set the record straight. Not all Satanists exist to troll Christians. Some are quite serious about their faith.
Joy Of Satan is a spiritual sect of Satanism. You can read what they believe at the link.

I do find it interesting that three long time enemies have taken center stage in the media. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join