It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about take care of our own card

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I have heard Obama calling out the his counterparts about the refugee crisis, about how they are scared..etc. I agree by the way.

But my question is, are these the same people who complained before about their tax dollars going to others for help?

I believe it is a valid question about the "we need to take care of own" card being used and it would be a valid point if it actually mattered to these people...how many people that play this card did not give care about the homeless before. How many of these so called good people were the ones calling people dependent on others as leeches/freeloaders?

Have they all of a sudden grown a heart or are they using the homeless problem as a tool to stop refugees?

Do you not think that it would have meant so much more if they cared about this situation before the refugee issue?

edit on 20-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

Have they all of a sudden grown a heart or are they using the homeless problem as a tool to stop refugees?

You answered your own question. If they actually cared about helping the homeless people here, they'd be helping me expand our social safety net. Instead, they fight every attempt to expand the social safety net.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Americans should always take care of Americans first. It is the Democrats who tend to love every other nation more than our own....which I see as rather un patriotic and unamerican.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I'm kind of getting sick of the "these people" remarks/card.

Who are "these people" that you so subtly tried to take a stab at?
Do you have a certain group in mind, or are you just generalizing all those that don't agree with you?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
oh grow up have you seen the state of america they do need to take care of their own look at detroit.
where is the toyota hilux for the poor black neighbourhoods.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Whoaaa! Well done. Congratulations on your exposure of yet another unconscious hypocrisy. There are many of them.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Maybe they have a different vision.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I have no problem with taking in refuges as long as the government makes sure that they are not terrorists. Looking at the screwups our government agencies makes on a continual basis, I would say that they or their contractors may not be able to correctly determine if the people are terrorists. I wouldn't trust half of them to bake a cake or cook a meal.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

What is your position? Do you think the US should spend money on it's own citizens or on other country's citizens or both?

To be fair I will answer this question with my point of view: Every country should make sure their own citizens needs are met before helping another country's citizens.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

I already answered. If a rich country has the resources then do both.

The issue I am having is that from my time on here, there have been people calling homeless, the poor..etc leeches/freeloaders.

I now see these same people say, we should take care of our own before the refugees. See the turn around and why did they do a 180 on the subject?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It is possible to view the homeless and poor as leeches/freeloaders while also claiming that IF the country is going to use resources, that said resources should be used on the leeches/freeloaders first. No 180 involved.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Actually no..if you were against spending money on them in first place..you cannot use them as excuse to not bring in refugees.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone

Actually no..if you were against spending money on them in first place..you cannot use them as excuse to not bring in refugees.

Apparently you missed my capitalized "if"...

Let's use another example. I am against my government spending money on weapons (because I am against war and violence,) YET (notice the capitalization for emphasis) if (that is a small word, but quite important for the meaning of my statement,) my government is going to spend money on weapons, I prefer that they use the weapons to protect me rather than fight me.

top topics

join