It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman Vicky Thompson, 21, found dead in all male prison.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

You know, I don't think that many transgender people really give a damn why they are the way they are. If you want to call it an anomaly or not "normal" that's fine too. Transgender and transsexual people exist - that's a fact. Is it different from most and unusual? No argument from me on that but as it is something that makes people wonder about, is it any surprise that researchers have also found it an interesting top of investigation?

Transgender people don't need justification for why they exist but a little scientific backing that there may be biological causes does help those that just can't wrap their head around the whole thing have better understanding of it all.

Unless some science fiction fantasy exists where pregnant women are embedded with sensors to constantly monitor the environmental and hormonal development of their unborn children and some magical genetic or chemical solution exists, transgender people are still going to come into this world as they have throughout all of history. Attempts to change them or make them "normal" has not been shown to be successful or even humane.

Transgender people don't need to be cured. They just need to be who they are (which doesn't happen to be dog or cat people)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Why didn't you clearly state he killed himself in your headline or original post?

Seems like a key part of the story to leave out.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

No. Both me and another poster have posted evidence that shows that the scientific community is coming to the same conclusions we are presenting. Just because you don't accept that doesn't mean it isn't happening though.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You posted some studies and now (on your word alone) that represents a consensus among the scientific community?
This is anecdotal simply based on your interpretation and there is nothing you have shown that illustrates any sort of "consensus". I thought you only stick to the facts? You also brushed aside everything else I said in regards to the actual science. Which part of the studies you have cited said that society has to make changes in order to accommodate transgender people? Where did it say everyone who does not agree with your view is wrong? Which journal was it that had the paper saying that pronouns should be used differently?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I am sick and tired of hearing about transgender this transgender that. The Judge is not responsible at all for him taking his own damn life. Transgender people are week minded and it makes sense what he did. He can't handle the hand that was given him in life so he wanted to change it, but news flash, DNA doesn't change. Put on a wig and take some pills and call yourself Amber all day everyday but your still a man under it all.

No sympathy for him not getting his way, he shouldn't have broke the law.
edit on 20-11-2015 by DvDraake because: because

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Well we can assume that redefinition is politically motivated such as how the DSM has been changed.

The DSM gets updated in accordance to new knowledge. It always has. It will continue to. As should be the case.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jheated5

As always suicide is a tragedy but I agree they had an x and y chromosome nothings gonna change that.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The story lacks a lot of details.. This person had some mental issues and probably should have been seeking counsel. At the end of the day nobody forced this person to do anything.

The media was just using this for more propaganda as they usually do, if this person did not identify or try to identify as transgender then this would have been a non story.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I dont care when criminals die in prison. As far as I am concerned, its the vermin and rats just weeding themselves out. he knew very well prison is not Disneyland and that no matter who you are (or claim to be if mentally ill) if you dont change the way you carry yourself you will wind up as used meat.

However, in an effort to remain as open to reform as possible, I suggest that if LGBTQ+$#&ABCDQwerty does not want their mentally ill criminals to die in prison because "its too hard!" they should lobby to have them recognized exactly as such, mentally ill and all criminals of this type can safely serve their time in an asylum or other institution, if they still exist.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
If they weren't going to move her to a facility where she felt safe, least they could have done is place her in solitary for her safety while in there.

Come the F on, we do it to "protect" the kiddie diddlers, rapists & serial killers from harm from other inmates when necessary. Seems a little ethically effed to protect THEM before this one.
edit on 11/20/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
This thread has shown me the sad reminder that there is an epidemic of ignorance and unjustified intolerance towards transgenders.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This thread has been an excellent flame war.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The only thing it shows me is that criminals should not be treated as criminals when represented by a specific minority. Instead we should roll out the red carpet, "ask permission" so to speak, on how we should best serve the comforts of such a special feeling person who no likey when people are mean
. If you want to become isolated during incarceration, all you have to do is what up to anyone and begin a violent assault. If you are doing more than two years it wont really add too much extra time so long as you dont beat someone half to death.

Plus, win or lose, most pussies that would try you hoping you are a weaker pussy are going to not harass you because they know you got balls. Considering he was only 21 according to what I read, I am guessing that everyone was pretty much stealing his food and the leader of his nationality's gang was having his way and passing him around.
If you don't fight back day one, you will be in the passenger seat, not driving the car. Everyone must know and remember this. For it is not only the way of the animals, but the actual reality of life and the world when you remove the easy credit and mind rot and abundance of waste.

PRISON IS WHERE MEN ARE SENT TO REMEMBER THEY ARE STILL ANIMALS. Hopefully for most who only pass through, even accidentally, it helps to appreciate the value of living in a civil society and remind them why life is too precious to be wasting it on mistakes and poor judgement.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

They moved on from hating Gays and went onto the transgenderd.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: Revolution9 some people are so insensitive, why would you put any human through this? Knowing the outcome was probably going to end in a tragic death? I hope those who made the decision to send her there are satisfied with the predictable outcome.

Tragic death??

Tragic??

He/She killed him/herself because he/she did not like where he/she was living.

He/She was living there because he/she violated the terms of his/her suspended jail sentence.

In other words. He/she would not have ever had to go to any jail, of any kind, had he/she simply did what he/she was required to do to stay out. Going to jail was his/her choice. Suicide was his/her choice. Sorry but there is nothing tragic about it.

Furthermore.... prisoners generally get jumpers as clothing. Man or women does not matter. It is the same clothing for prisoners. So how exactly does one "dress like a women"?

Give me a break.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Tragic? Not at all.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
If they weren't going to move her to a facility where she felt safe, least they could have done is place her in solitary for her safety while in there.

Come the F on, we do it to "protect" the kiddie diddlers, rapists & serial killers from harm from other inmates when necessary. Seems a little ethically effed to protect THEM before this one.

Did I miss something??

The article suggest that it was suicide. Not an attack by other inmates.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

You obviously missed my point. Its funny actually if you look at the overwhelming "proof" in the studies Krazysh0t posted none of that knowledge was available when the disorder was changed in the DSM. The DSM infers that the condition is treatable which members of the GLBTQ community don't agree with and are lobbying through their various organizations to have changed. So where is the proof you present to back up your statement?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

You admonished a person for satirically acting bigoted and insensitive yet I don't see any criticism towards the very genuine hate from the members.

But yeah, let's get preachy over somebody's sarcasm that points out the stupidity instead of the stupidity itself.

I thought that was exactly what I did. Killed two birds with one stone so to speak. Just because it's hate coming from the opposite side, it doesn't make it any better.

I'll try to be more clear next time. In the mean time keep fighting the good fight with all the sarcasm you can muster, I think I see some headway being made right over the horizon.
edit on 11/21/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I could understand not sending a transgender "male to female" to a men's prison, but in this case...while it may be a shame...I think the choice was right.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Why didn't you clearly state he killed himself in your headline or original post?

Seems like a key part of the story to leave out.

Because that would imply a mental problem which may have manifest itself through gender confusion and they don't "like" the two being linked.

Take a look at THE GRAPH a little down the link's page.

Suicide seems pretty different for individuals with "gender" issues. Some would say this is because they are persecuted...I disagree. My PERSONAL OPINION is that there is a mental problem or confusion in place from the beginning that manifested itself at least in part in the person's gender confusion.

And yes...even though some of you don't like it, I am allowed to have an opinion and voice that opinion. I am not representing this as fact but do believe that over the coming decades, whatever the "truth" is will be discovered.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join