It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman Vicky Thompson, 21, found dead in all male prison.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
He was not given a death sentence anymore than anyone else who has taken their own life on prison. He committed a crime for which there were consequences.

Wouldn't it be a fun world where people who committed crimes were allowed the privilege of dictating the terms of their own sentences? You can see how that'd work out.
edit on 2015 11 20 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It seems her life got worse when moved to the womens unit. Lasses can be real be-hatches, prolly treated her worse than the men.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Meh...he was handed a pass to not go to prison yet decided to breach the terms. Maybe he should have decided to get the surgery prior to the breach?

Sad he killed himself, but prior to any of it the consequences were well known.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

no offence but she took her own life. Its just a silly thing to do. The sentence was 12 months probably out in months.

i would understand if maybe a life sentence, but common. taking your own life out of pride over a 6 month sentence.

Silly thing to do, now all her loved ones have lost someone important as she could not wait months. Sounds like she may have had mental issues if your willing to take your own life over something so minor. Its not like UK jails are the same calibre as USA jails.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
People shouldn't break the law.
Trannies DEFINETELY shouldn't break the law, because they ain't gonna like the inmates!
Perhaps they can see it as extra incentive to be law abiding citizens...

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I suppose it would be another way to artificially boost to the economy to build prisons for men, prisons for women, and prisons for those things that don't identify with the natural order of things like what sex they were at birth.

If there wasn't a market for such nonsense it wouldn't exist and it would have remained the sex it was assigned at birth and we wouldn't be wasting time with such pointless conversations about needless issues.

Apparently the things' issues were not remedied because it felt it was not a male and had sexual reassignment procedures done as it ended up in prison for whatever anyway....

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Like you wrote, British prisons are not like American prisons. Gay prison rape is an American phenomenon. Yes it does happen in British prisons but in American prisons it’s a common occurence. The United States is the only country in the world where men are statistically more likely to be raped than a woman. Which is incredible. And all because of their prison rape culture.

I think this was done out of pride also, maybe the psychological effect of being forced to identify as a man, in which biologically this person is. Was a lot more harmful than the prison sentence itself.

Is a 140 pound gay man more vulnerable in prison than a 140 pound gay man that simply “identifies as a woman?” I don’t think so.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm certainly glad some in this thread aren't judges. Though I could certainly wish you were more humane. Of course, none of us have ever screwed up, or made any mistakes in our life. So we can righteously stand in judgement of this person, and feel vindicated in our callousness at the death of someone else that doesn't meet our standards.

Why wouldn't this person commit suicide, knowing that if the male inmates get her in the right situation, the abuse is going to be far worse than a quick death? I might have chosen the same route given the circumstances. You don't have to ignore what the person did to have some compassion, and be in favor of doing the right thing. Let the punishment have some semblance to the crime.

@OP. It's going to take time. Our culture just isn't ready for this yet. We are bigoted, and we like things to fit neatly with our perception of the world. LGBT doesn't fit yet in many peoples minds. But the acceptance will come in time. Until then, you can expect to see more of this, unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It's hard to sympathize with someone who used suicide as a tool to get her way, but the way the posters in this thread are going out of their way to be intolerant with the "he/she, it, and other derogatory ways to refer to her" is rather disgusting. Why are people SO hung up on calling people a gender they don't want to be called? Does it really hurt you to call a transgender woman a woman instead of man?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jheated5

Yes..Im confused..was she genetically female or male? If male then she/he should go to male prison. But in reality if she was female but transitioning to male then she/he should also go to male prison..because if she wanted to continue on as a man then wouldn't she/he want to be treated as male? OMFG this sh!t is too confusing..maybe just have a trans prison..both male and female..female..male..whatever lump then all in one..

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
It's hard to sympathize with someone who used suicide as a tool to get her way, but the way the posters in this thread are going out of their way to be intolerant with the "he/she, it, and other derogatory ways to refer to her" is rather disgusting. Why are people SO hung up on calling people a gender they don't want to be called? Does it really hurt you to call a transgender woman a woman instead of man?

Personally I like truth.

The truth is..... A man has commited a crime, and this man has a pair of balls and a penis, and so was sent to a male prison.

That is the truth. So to me, that person is a "he". Whether you like it or not.

Reality my friend.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Reality isn't so simple my friend. Life is very complex. If you think that gender is simple you are sorely mistaken.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Reality isn't so simple my friend. Life is very complex. If you think that gender is simple you are sorely mistaken.

Where should we send this guy if he ever commits a crime? He thinks he's a dog trapped in a human body.

Should we send him to the Dogg pound? Or should we have him put down?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Why should we send him anywhere? He hasn't committed a crime yet.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Why should we send him anywhere? He hasn't committed a crime yet.

Hmm. Did I say he committed a crime?

Maybe you need to reread my post.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Then why are we discussing where we should be sending him? If it isn't an issue, why are you trying to make it one?

Though in reality, he's not saying that he isn't a male so he can certainly go to a male prison, and considering that most people would prefer to spend time in a normal prison than a dog pound, I'm sure he isn't going to sue anyone to go anywhere else.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
He was not given a death sentence anymore than anyone else who has taken their own life on prison. He committed a crime for which there were consequences.

Wouldn't it be a fun world where people who committed crimes were allowed the privilege of dictating the terms of their own sentences? You can see how that'd work out.

Yeah, I read that as well.

Thompson’s boyfriend, Robert Steele, said he had spoken to her a day before she died. “She didn’t like it in there because people were saying things to her because she was dressing as a female,” he told the BBC.
www.mirror.co.uk...

Thompson, from Keighley, West Yorkshire, was handed a 12-month jail term in August which was suspended for 24 months.
The BBC understands she later breached the terms of the sentence, and was remanded in custody at Bradford Crown Court.

www.bbc.com...

Doesn't even show she was poked or prodded by inmates, just didn't like it because of comments. Deeper issues here. Don't do the crime if you don't want the time. She had two chances to avoid prison. She chose the wrong road both times willingly.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Then why are we discussing where we should be sending him? If it isn't an issue, why are you trying to make it one?

Though in reality, he's not saying that he isn't a male so he can certainly go to a male prison, and considering that most people would prefer to spend time in a normal prison than a dog pound, I'm sure he isn't going to sue anyone to go anywhere else.

Why should it be an issue that a male, with a pair of balls and a penis and has commited a crime, is sent to a male prison?

I'm sure most males would prefer to spend time in a female prison than a male prison.

How do you know "the dog" (I'll be "progressive" here and call the guy what he identiies with being) doesn't want to be sent to a Dogg pound and live with the dogs? In fact I'm pretty sure he would prefer that, than a human prison.

edit on 20-11-2015 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Truly sad. But we don't need a precedence in which convicts get to choose their punishment. I can understand why the judge made the decision, but this will weigh on the judge heavily, and it will have the effect he intended to avoid. Truly sad

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Debunkology

Why should it be an issue that a male, with a pair of balls and a penis and has commited a crime, is sent to a male prison?

Because of sexual assault and mostly because it would be the right thing to do.

I'm sure most males would prefer to spend time in a female prison than a male prison.

Well transgender people want to do so for different reasons. You do know that transgender people have to go through tons of counseling right? There is plenty of a paper trail to prove you are a transgender person.

How do you know "the dog" (I'll be "progressive" here and call the guy what he identiies with being) doesn't want to be sent to a Dogg pound and live with the dogs? In fact I'm pretty sure he would prefer that, than a human prison.

If he does he certainly can request it. I imagine after a while of living in his own # and piss as well as the communal # and piss of actual dogs he'll change is mind soon enough.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join