It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia town hall meeting descends into chaos as anti-Muslim bigots scream insults

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: introvert
I think the Right Wing propagandists should take a bow on this one. This man, and those that think like him, are a product of hateful, ignorant Right Wing propaganda.

I'd like to place the blame elsewhere, but no one else in the US is spreading this sort of message.

Theres hateful propaganda on BOTH sides truthfully. be fair or be accussed of bias right?

Both sides do use propaganda, but I have yet to find a Left Wing equivalent of not only the propaganda machine, but the rhetoric and messages.

In other words, one is not equal to the other. And I have no problem being called bias. I am biased. I despise Right Wing propaganda and the lies and hatred they spread.
edit on 20-11-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Oh I know people like him really exist and in large numbers. I just also know how easy it is to align people unfairly to people like him.

Case in point, I am often accused of being a republican when I criticize democrats and Obama and I'm actually pretty much old school progressive on most issues.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I think the Right Wing propagandists should take a bow on this one. This man, and those that think like him, are a product of hateful, ignorant Right Wing propaganda.

I'd like to place the blame elsewhere, but no one else in the US is spreading this sort of message.

So are you willing to accept responsibility for the tens of thousands of rapes committed by imported third worlders?

After all the left wing propagandist say it's racist to expect them to share our values.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

There is a big difference between being critical and the level of indoctrination and hate people like this man espouse.

originally posted by: Lipton

So are you willing to accept responsibility for the tens of thousands of rapes committed by imported third worlders?

What tens of thousands of rapes are you speaking of? Where, when?

After all the left wing propagandist say it's racist to expect them to share our values.

That's bull. Most Leftists call themselves Christian. So they share your values. The difference is to what level they try to push others to comply.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

No he wouldn't have. 'cause there'd have been someone right beside you. Me.

I don't deal well with people like that. I really don't.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

There is a big difference between being critical and the level of indoctrination and hate people like this man espouse.

Of course there is. But it's very easy to align critical thinkers with people who are just rabid haters. I see people do it all the time -- largely to score partisan political points.
edit on 20-11-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Domo1

No he wouldn't have. 'cause there'd have been someone right beside you. Me.

I don't deal well with people like that. I really don't.

So you agree that it is ok to attack someone because 'Muh feelz been hurt'.

Got it, lefties get a free pass to assault people over words of hurt.

link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

There was a lot of Muslim hate after 9/11 and it died down. Same with France, it will die down once the news passes it over. Unless, we get hit by terrorists then it will be awful.

link   

originally posted by: Lipton
a reply to: introvert

You even read the news bruh?

Google: migrant rape

Sweeden: Rape Capital of Countries that Matter

Well there is your first problem. The majority of the sources on the first page of the search is Breitbart, WND and others propaganda sites.

Give me solid numbers and then I'l' gladly research it and discuss it. Otherwise I stand by my comment.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Of course there is. But it's very easy to align critical thinkers with people who are just rabid haters. I see people do it all the time -- largely to score partisan political points.

I am confident that I am intelligent enough to separate the two groups. But wise words nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

When someone stereotypes all for the actions of others, then yes, I will stand against them.

You don't like it? I'm so sorry I hurt your feels, can I give you a hug?

I'd do the same were it the opposite way 'round, so spare me the righteous indignation.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

...because stupid is stupid....even if you disagree with someone you can still respect them if they approach things logically. No one should respect stupid and this big bully is stupid & emotional. He is alll feelings and emotion. People with high emotion versus logic when it comes to speaking out can't earn my respect even if they're right.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Implying that THIS man's hating of all Muslims is the same as, or "mirrors" everyone on ATS who hates ISIS...is as bigoted as anything coming out of that man's mouth.

No. Several on ATS have come out and made statements between wanting to put all Muslims on a list to calling for the outright extermination of all 2 billion Muslims on the planet. A couple weeks ago there was a thread here about Muslims and I asked people to clarify if they were really calling for genocide, and my question went 5 for 5 with members (long time members even) all saying that yes, we need to kill or remove every Muslim in the country if not the entire world before the moderators closed the thread.

What this guy said is outright tame compared to the rhetoric on this website and what's coming from our politicians. Last week Duncan Hunter said on Sean Hannitys program when referring to Muslims "When you're dealing with a backwards people who don't even believe in God, your only option is to kill them all". He was later asked if he would support using nuclear weapons on civilians in order to stop them before they could radicalize and he said yes.

Trump wants to put Muslims on a list or in camps, Carson says being Muslim disqualifies one from public office, Huckabee says even crazier stuff than that.

The rhetoric is real, and people truly believe it. The man in this video believes it. Our elected officials believe it. People running for president include it in their platform. People here preach it.

Another poster said this is just the beginning and she's 100% correct. I am genuinely scared of the rhetoric and popular notions that are going to be flying around even 6 months to a year from now.
edit on 20-11-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

let us be real in saying that that is why the mods are here and their actions keep your post from being 100% accurate. The ones you highlight are in the minority but most of us do find that rounding up terrorist is ok but not rounding up everyone of certain religions is ok. there is a balance that can be seen on ats and at both ends of the spectrum is kinda scary too most of the rest.

battle for the soul of islam

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

When someone stereotypes all for the actions of others, then yes, I will stand against them.

You don't like it? I'm so sorry I hurt your feels, can I give you a hug?

I'd do the same were it the opposite way 'round, so spare me the righteous indignation.

Bull#. You're the one threatening to attack people because 'muh feels'

That you BLM?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Who said anything about attacking? I said, I would stand beside them.

Here, let me quote me to show you...

'cause there'd have been someone right beside you. Me.

Where does that say attack?

Seldom do bullies need to be attacked, because they are, at heart, cowards.

BLM? Hardly, because according to them, I'm a racist for thinking on a bit broader scope. Sorry to disappoint you. Need a hug?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Theres hateful propaganda on BOTH sides truthfully. be fair or be accussed of bias right?

I don't agree.

20+ years ago when I started in online political forums, I leaned more right and was a Bush supporter.

I still don't consider myself left, more centrist --- but, the Right definitely has a lock on hateful propaganda and hyperbole.

The Left should learn to fight fire with fire, but they don't do that.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The trouble with allowing your world view to be dictated by which box you feel as though you fit in (Left, right etc) is it colours your judgement to such a degree that you can talk yourself into a horrible corner.
I've seen such vitriol from left wingers that it would make your hair curl. "They" are every bit as bad as right wingers.

It's exactly the mindset that screams out "Oh no, that source doesn't count!" When in reality, NO source is 100% neutral.

It's about time we got over this rubbish and set ourselves free from the illusion of Labor and Tory or Republican and Democrat. In truth, life's ore complex than "This or that"

edit on 00pFri, 20 Nov 2015 14:57:00 -060020152015-11-20T14:57:00-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 56pFri, 20 Nov 2015 15:15:56 -060020152015-11-20T15:15:56-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: Cos I'm thick

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I've seen such vitriol from left wingers that it would make your hair curl. "They" are every bit as bad as right wingers.

I absolutely do not agree.

As said, I began on the Right. The Left doesn't come close overall.

There's always a few individuals, but over all? No way.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join