It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Uncover Mysteries at U.S. National Parks: Tell Us Your Stories

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AgathaLorentz
*wants to hear the story*

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DudeSwearengen
Might this possibly be for David Paulides missing 411 documentary that he's currently making?
I can't wait for this movie, the books are extremely intriguing.

No its not. There is a TV show called "Mysteries at the National Parks" it deals with cryptid, Ghosts, Devil Dogs, Demons, UFOs etc etc etc. That is what this thread was for. The TV show has already done most episodes on the parks listed in the OP.
edit on 14-9-2017 by TheOnlyBilko because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't tell this story very often, for a number of reasons:

1) Ridicule. My own family made fun of me over it
2) I was at a young age and don't remember too many details
3) I certainly don't want any fame or recognition for relating this story
4) If my name were to be associated with this story, I don't want any publicity that might affect my employment

The only reason, therefore, I'm telling this, is that I'm more or less anonymous on this forum (i.e., my real name is not displayed).

Here goes:

I was a very small child, probably just barely school age. My family used to go on picnics in the mountains all the time, and the places we went made me think this must have happened in the Lincoln National Forest.

We were walking around our picnic area. I was a few feet away from the rest of the family (my brother, and my mom and dad). I began to get the sensation that something was "talking to me in my head." Something was trying to get me to follow it with the promise of candy or something. It wanted me to walk in a certain direction away from the family. I got the idea that this "candy" it promised was just out of sight, and if I would just follow the voice in my head...

I got a little frightened and returned to the rest of the family. Nothing ever came of it, but when I tried to discuss it I was laughed at.

I should state that now I am middle-aged and I have never been diagnosed with any sort of mental disorder, nor do I take medications for any sort of mental or psychological issue.

I rarely tell this story to anyone.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman

Definitely interesting to say the least.

on a different note, does anyone know what this production was/is called and if its available for view yet?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrogoTheNorman
I don't tell this story very often, for a number of reasons:

1) Ridicule. My own family made fun of me over it
2) I was at a young age and don't remember too many details
3) I certainly don't want any fame or recognition for relating this story
4) If my name were to be associated with this story, I don't want any publicity that might affect my employment

The only reason, therefore, I'm telling this, is that I'm more or less anonymous on this forum (i.e., my real name is not displayed).

Here goes:

I was a very small child, probably just barely school age. My family used to go on picnics in the mountains all the time, and the places we went made me think this must have happened in the Lincoln National Forest.

We were walking around our picnic area. I was a few feet away from the rest of the family (my brother, and my mom and dad). I began to get the sensation that something was "talking to me in my head." Something was trying to get me to follow it with the promise of candy or something. It wanted me to walk in a certain direction away from the family. I got the idea that this "candy" it promised was just out of sight, and if I would just follow the voice in my head...

I got a little frightened and returned to the rest of the family. Nothing ever came of it, but when I tried to discuss it I was laughed at.

I should state that now I am middle-aged and I have never been diagnosed with any sort of mental disorder, nor do I take medications for any sort of mental or psychological issue.

I rarely tell this story to anyone.

It does make you wonder if any of the Missing 411 cases involved some sort of coaxing or luring - particularly the children. The legendary Wendigo was said to mimic human voices to lure victims...
Perhaps you came close, but were one of the lucky ones that got away.

posted on Dec, 8 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I'm thinking of retiring in the country,with some buds of mine,I have been reading on these story's one really intrigued me was the lady who was hiking with a friend when she slipped into some other dimension while being about 10 ft from partner,and was lost for a brief period of time,this plus the unusual story's of sightings of strange creatures of all kinds,it's hard to dismiss things as fantasy when you have witness statements,I am a skeptic but I do the math,taking these story's as folly is not such an intelligent thing to do,I grew up by the ocean,saw many strange things,along with friends and family,I'm sure the woods aren't any different,could be a vortex all I know is the older I get the more I realize plenty I know nothing about,why I keep an interest,more facts you know the stranger it gets

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yes, it would be ridiculous to think that all these accounts are either fabrications or people just being mistaken. Some, definitely, but not all.
a reply to: Oldtimer2

posted on Jan, 2 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Sounds like one of those Destination America shows. I'll watch their scary ghost shows once in a while. Their recreations aren't quite as good as the ones on the History Channel, but they're not bad. I'll frequently note that the actors used in the recreations are actually less better looking than the actual people being interviewed who had the experiences. And sometimes they're better on camera, too.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Dizrael

Mysteries at the National Parks Episodes

Wikipedia page says it's an ongoing series, wondering if there's any current plans for more episodes.

I know of an area, havn't explored it thoroughly myself but live in the area of it, that may hold interest to look into.

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I hope the show is still on the way, would definitely do allot to spread awareness to hikers and explorers unsuspecting of the strange mysteries often surrounding the forests.

This story is not in a National Park but you are welcome to use it for whatever you would like. It takes place somewhere in NE Kansas.

Where I live there are lots of abandoned military locations. Some are the big ICMB type bunkers, but many are NIKE sites. The local NIKE sites were designed to intercept incoming ICBMS with small nuclear payloads (Nike Hercules).
Project NIKE

The bases were purpose built and have since been abandoned for better systems.
One of these abandoned locations is among my favorite abandoned places to explore and has been abandoned long enough to resemble the overgrown infrastructure from the movie The Lost World Jurassic Park- particularly the gate.

I used to go there with small groups of friends in the dead of night to explore the many abandoned structures and flooded out bunkers. It is in a relatively remote location and not easy to find. Once you are there you would be able to make whatever noises you like without fear of detection. We would always exercise as much light and sound discipline as possible anyway just as a good measure. I have been there around 10 times with different groups of curious people in tow and would do my best to keep everybody really quiet just in case.

In all the fascination most of the guests never were listening very close to the dense surrounding forest. One or two of my regular accomplices and I could almost always hear something big paralleling us in the forest as we made our rounds throughout the vast facility, close but keeping a careful distance. Once or twice somebody else heard it too but these were regular town kids not used to being out in the middle of nowhere. We would try not to tell anybody about it much since they usually start to panic in some way. Whatever the thing was seemed to move very careful, made a minimal amount of noise, but it sounded big, and sent hairs straight up on the back of our necks. The feeling you are being stalked, almost every single time.

The last time I was there we were on our way back to the Jeep to load up and leave. There was a personal disagreement of some type so people were being loud and crude on the way to the car. As we were opening the doors a whole pine tree sort of “snapped up” like it had been held down and released and shook back and fourth for several seconds. This caused the girls to scream and everybody scrambled into the Jeep as quickly as possible in a panic. The tree in question was perhaps 12-14 feet tall and less than 20 feet away, probably closer to 15. We still don’t know what could have caused it but I have a feeling it has something to do with whatever lives out there stalking intruders…..
The message was clear.

-Driver
edit on -2160032WedWed, 14 Feb 2018 16:49:25 -060049vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 14 Feb 2018 16:49:25 -0600 by Z32Driver because: spellcheck

edit on -2160032WedWed, 14 Feb 2018 16:50:30 -060050vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 14 Feb 2018 16:50:30 -0600 by Z32Driver because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyBilko

Do you mean "Mysteries of the Outdoors"? That's a great show, that I hope gets picked up for another season.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman

Sorry for the thread necromancy but there doesn’t appear to be a thread about this. There’s yet another child gone missing in a public park. He’s six and unable to speak due to his autism. It reminded me so much of the Missing 911 stories I’ve read. He simply slipped out of sight of his father who was watching him and attempting to catch up to him. For the child to go so absolutely vanished without a trace so fast when another jogger was present and while his father was visually tracking him is chilling. What kind of world do we live in?

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 26-9-2018 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

I was really addicted to that reddit post. The author had to come out and state it was a story and he was not a real S&R officer cause ppl was taking it seriously and the parks office was getting inedited with calls if I remember correctly.

But it was a great read.
Maybe not the best to use for a TV show unless you can use fictional accounts.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
How have I not seen this THREAD!!!!???

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The only thing I have encountered in a forest was when I was about 10 years old and a group of us were being kids in the woods and exploring. The neighborhood I lived in was surrounded on two side with farmland and one site with forest area. We would go into the forested area and make trails for biking and forts, kid stuff. One day we saw a fallen tree in the distance and wanted to walk on it so we were discussing that matter and all 6-7 of us looking in that direction. All of the sudden something standing on the tree moved. All I can say it looked like a mans size but it was distorted like active camouflage, kind of like the way predator looks when he as that invisibility device on. It was a mid ways away from us and it jumped off the fallen tree. We all freaked out and booked it out of there and back to the hood. Never saw anything like it again. I know it was not my eyes playing tricks cause so many of us saw it.

Weird.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

Just usual UFOs and creepy # watching me. Don’t spend a lot of time in parks.too many people

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

What about near in the surrounding National forests?
Got to be inside the actual park?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

This is one I found interesting they were also spotted elsewhere in a town .

WEIRD STICK-LIKE CREATURES HAUNT YOSEMITE PARK AND FREAK PEOPLE THE F OUT

edit on 8/5/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Nearly every park in the US National Park system has numerous stories of unexplained events that range from embellished tall-tales to hair-raising paranormal events that defy explanation. From Bigfoot sightings to alien abductions and malevolent spirits, the legends and tales are countless.

Have you personally experienced something strange in or around a United States National Park? We’re looking for your personal stories dealing with paranormal phenomena, Bigfoot/Sasquatch, mysteriously missing persons, UFO/ET encounters, or other similar and unexplainable happenings.

AboveTopSecret.com is working with a production company for a television show on a major national cable network. We’re helping them find interesting and credible accounts of strange phenomena in and around one of the following U.S. national parks:
Apache Sit Greaves National Park
Big Bend National Park
Black Hills National Forest (home of Mt Rushmore)
Canyon lands National Park
Carlsbad National Park
Cleveland National Forest (home of Black Star Canyon)
Death Valley National Park
Great Sand Dunes National Park
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Lassen Volcanic National Park
Medicine Bow National Park
Yosemite National Park
Yellowstone National Park
(Or any other national or major state park not on this list)

Post your detailed accounts here, and we’ll work with the production company to select the most interesting stories for their upcoming show. You’ll be notified via private message if your story is interesting, and we’ll forward your contact information — with your permission — to the producers.

If selected, you may have the opportunity to delve into your experiences in more detail, on camera, and help investigate what really happened.

DISCLAIMER:
AboveTopSecret.com is deriving no monetary benefit from this collaboration. We’re merely part of an effort to help document, understand, and investigate strange phenomena in an effort to uncover the truth.

The only thing that scares me at national parks are spring time rattle snakes/ cougars/ and bears. Anything else i say "meh".

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I've been really interested in this subject for a while.. So many questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join