It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Healthcare Bubble finally going to pop?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
For those of you who are familiar with my predictions, I predicted that the stock market would crash today Nov 19, 2015. Well, it didn't happen, so say what you want. However, crashes happen over a span of a few days. What I did notice today was United Health down 5%. That's not a crash, but why are their stocks down? Because major health insurance companies just found out they would not recieve as much government funding via the Affordable Care Act as initially thought, so come January, premiums will likely rise again and coverage will be slimmer.

I'll be watching the markets over the next few days, especially tomorrow. There isn't much proping up our economy, let alone the over burdened health care system.

Will we see the Healthcare bubble pop this month? I don't know, but I'm sitting at the edge of my seat, watching.

Here is a good read on the subject.

edit on 19-11-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: added link

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Usually the way stale US economies are handled is with a nice fresh war.
The electorate is so pissedoff that they should be ripe for the plucking by the mil/ind. complex.

It's an established pattern....

idk...about the healthcare bubble. My insurance co. seems content to just increase my deductible, raise the premiums and treat me like ****.
edit on 19-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I'm not a betting man , but I think the big healthcare companies are going to be fine. Us taxpayers not so much.

If the unthinkable happens ,are they too big to fail?
edit on 461130America/ChicagoThu, 19 Nov 2015 15:46:29 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes, there's plenty are war to go around for everyone now that the West is shook up over the Paris attack.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Now United Health might withdraw from Obamacare. If other companies decide to do the same, what effect would that have on the Market and economy.

Very interesting.

Article

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I've been notified by my insurance company, Health Republic, that my policy ends Nov 30th because the federal government has witheld almost 90% of money it promised them and wont pay them. Now they have to go out of business. There's also an article about it in a recent ny times i believe, thats where i read about it online.

And whats even crazier is that doctors in my local area are up in arms about this because they fear they are not getting any money paid for recent claims by patients who have Health Republic, and some of these doctors fear they may have to close down.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I think its because its that time of year that people change insurance companies. I would not be too alarmed right now but next year when tax season hits I would be cautious.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I don't dismiss the idea that we have a steep decline coming our way (whether or not it will be a true crash is anybody's guess).

I'm not sure I agree with your analysis for the healthcare sector though.

Because major health insurance companies just found out they would not recieve as much government funding via the Affordable Care Act as initially thought, so come January, premiums will likely rise again and coverage will be slimmer.

The premiums going up, deductibles going up, coverage being diminished only serve to prop up (or keep propped up) the insurance industries. It's the rest of us that get screwed, yet again, by the gubment. (Remember, you MUST purchase healthcare OR ELSE.... ITS THE LAW.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This isn't just isolated to third party payors. If insurance goes, then people stop buying expensive pharmaceuticals, people stop seeing doctors. Sure, Obamacare will try to swoop in, but tax payers can only pay so much. Several Hospitals and medical groups have already seen stocks drop by as much as 9%.

This has potential to become a chain reaction.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The market.....yessir.....you are right.....T-bills went upside down a week ago or so.....that'snever ever happened before ever never....it also means there is no trust in government finances.....

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Remember United Healthcare is the Medicare INSURING company for AARP.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
The market.....yessir.....you are right.....T-bills went upside down a week ago or so.....that'snever ever happened before ever never....it also means there is no trust in government finances.....

My stock market knowledge is remedial. Please do elaborate in detail. What are the implications?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Are you going to publicly denounce yourself as a false prophet like we discussed?

I mean no harm. I'm not saying I told you so to rub it in your face. But to ask you again to reconsider your beliefs. You are quite passionate which is great, but much of your theology is bankrupt.

Come in to the light. For in him there is no darkness ( death destruction vengeance retribution). Only good and perfect gifts from father of light.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I'm not a betting man , but I think the big healthcare companies are going to be fine. Us taxpayers not so much.

might want to rethink that, United is thinking about pulling out of obamacare.

“We cannot sustain these losses,” Chief Executive Officer Stephen Hemsley told analysts on a conference call. “We can’t really subsidize a marketplace that doesn’t appear at the moment to be sustaining itself.”
UnitedHealth May Quit Obamacare in Blow to Health Law

ETA: i didn't see that BELIEVERpriest had ready posted this.

edit on 20-11-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBossWorm
I've been notified by my insurance company, Health Republic, that my policy ends Nov 30th because the federal government has witheld almost 90% of money it promised them and wont pay them. Now they have to go out of business. There's also an article about it in a recent ny times i believe, thats where i read about it online.

And whats even crazier is that doctors in my local area are up in arms about this because they fear they are not getting any money paid for recent claims by patients who have Health Republic, and some of these doctors fear they may have to close down.

That is very disturbing. Once the big insurance companies see Obamacare for what it actually is - an ideology with no substantive backing, a house of cards so to speak. Since they are the kings of this fragile house, they'll fall the furthest but all the cards in the house will fall. It will be catastrophic for them, us, the medical providers etc.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

might want to rethink that, United is thinking about pulling out of obamacare.

Nah, I have great faith in Oligopolies with deep pockets getting what they want and need. We as consumers and taxpayer will get the burden but they will be fine.

edit on 551130America/ChicagoFri, 20 Nov 2015 09:55:15 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: zardust

Are you going to publicly denounce yourself as a false prophet like we discussed?

I mean no harm. I'm not saying I told you so to rub it in your face. But to ask you again to reconsider your beliefs. You are quite passionate which is great, but much of your theology is bankrupt.

Come in to the light. For in him there is no darkness ( death destruction vengeance retribution). Only good and perfect gifts from father of light.

I don't claim to be a prophet. I don't have prophetic dreams or visions. However,I do interpret prophecy by counting syllables; mostly prophecies from the bible, but this particular case comes from here. So if the prediction failed, then I am a false interpreter. However, it is also possible that I misinterpreted the prophecy. Maybe yesterday was the beginning of the Healthcare bubble collapse. It certainly appears like its ready to collapse to me.

So decide for yourself. I am whatever you say I am.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Now healthcare stocks are back up after other companies have assured investors that everything is ok. Sounds like damage control.

Damage control

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The healthcare bubble isn't going to pop until people on a wide scale pay a fine rather than pay for insurance because it's cheaper. Then after that point it's still going to take a few years until we start seeing real problems when people are sick and simply die because they can't pay for treatment.

In short, give it another 5 years. The bubble is still growing, not shrinking. Purchases of health insurance are mandatory, the fine for not purchasing is increasing, and the companies are profiting more and more each year while offering less and less coverage.

new topics

top topics

join