It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The neutral observer is the answer? I think not. I like to LIKE and i think you like it too.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
For a while i traveled in the mindfulness train.
Oh, to be happy don't say like or dislike, be neutral, just watch with zero judgment, nothing is good or bad, you don't like and dislike anything.
This will make you peaceful and happy, a calm sea, the causeless happiness.
But i guess not.
The neutral observer will calm me down, but will also steel my drive and motivation.
I needed enthusiasm and thrill again, but i was afraid of those frustration moments, when you don't get what you want, or you think you wont get it.
I didn't want to go back to the emotional roller coaster.
So i realized it.
I can have passion for what i like, i can say i like, i love, i adore and i will try to get it... if i can accept and handle what i don't like.
So i can aim to the light and be guided by the light (what i like) if i accept going through darkness.
I shouldn't resist darkness, if it has to be, so be it.
To be powerful is to be able to accept and handle dark times, in the light everyone is a hero.
I finally got it, if i accept and handle darkness, then i´m entitled to light.
I can now live with passion and fearless, because i accept and handle upsets and i fully enjoy when its all good.
Of course darkness still hurts but it doesn't mean desperation and depression anymore because i decided to accept it and live it fully until the fire is gone.
So i can have the best of both worlds, passion, enthusiasm and excitement without loosing a controlled emotional state.
In astrology this is the lesson of Pluto and Scorpio.
Its learning about passion, obsession, attachment, change, loss, death, self control, emotional dependency...
Maybe i´m finally getting it. I hope so.
I had to share it. What do you think?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think you are on the right track, thats what I think!

Enjoyment is not the problem, its attachment to it that is. Tilopa
a reply to: Manula

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It's good to hear your not denying having desires. Some people have the idea that losing attachment is losing desire and that's very untrue.
After all enlightenment doesn't mean there will no longer be desires happening, excitement, and even thinking about the future. But out of all the things you know, it's most important to know where thoughts arise from. Is it seen that there is no self separate from life? That's the most important question. And if you don't know what the self means or is, I recommend you find out as it is a crucial aspect of our experience.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Andy1144 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think that even if there is only one truth, there are many different ways that leads there. Like paths on the same mountain, all of them leading to the top.
If mindfulness didn't work for you then is good that you found something that does. That is really good.
Much luck in you endeavors.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy1144

About the self, all i need to know is that it wants to live this persona, its like a theater, my soul wants to incarnate this character and play this role, so be it, I don't know if its my last life or not, but i want it.
Of course we are probably all one, i can feel others passions and emotions, but this supreme being, he may be all there is, but he wants to try individuality through a lot of identities, a lot of characters a lot of roles, so lets live them.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

Dont get me wrong, i love mindfulness, it really calms me down and lets me detach from the drama and relax but its not the ultimate tool, i steel need passion, motivation and drive, i still need to like, dislike, good and bad.
Of course if the going gets tough, mindfulness will help me tame the beast. But its an emotional tool to tame the animal inside me, the one that gets all emotional and unsatisfied at times.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I wouldn't introduce all those ideas but would keep it more simple. What is the source of attachment and how can I see through this? I can tell you all attachment arises from a sense of self. So seeing through the self should be top priority, but because people have so many new age beliefs they disregard self inquiry and instead focus on unnecessary methods of enlightenment like chakras or what have you.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I kinda see like and dislike as sign posts directing you which way to go.

It is important to know what you like and dislike and act on those feelings to bring to you a more positive "now".

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Do you know what the self is? Doesn't sound like it. Or why would all your posts be so full of ego? Is it seen what i am trying to say?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

OF course. The like/dislike is the guide through the way.
Its not rational, its something from within, maybe its the soul and your guardian angels who helps you like and dislike, to guide you.
Have you seen the movie Inception from Christopher Nolan?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Ofcourse they're filled with ego, how else would I be writing them?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Oh please, all i am reading is: you don't know what i was saying.
What is the self? Do you know? Or did your ego consume it entirely?
Or in other words the part that attaches consumed the self?

Holding on to one state of consciousness at the price of subconscience and ego isn't healthy... Just as an overwhelming emphasis on the ego is not the answer. Human minds have at least three aspects and they all want attention and nutrition.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You got it Sheeple.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

What? No pompous condescending words for me? Just a cheap sheeple?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Isn't that better then all the "go beyond the ego" crap I usually give?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Just be your self, everyone else is taken.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Thanks, i know. My self got in touch with my soul, now i am many...

But i like your approach, live life to the fullest.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Sound like your just living life welcome to the club. I am not sure what the point of any of that was but yes humans feel a wide range of confusing emotion that do not always make sense.
Passions wane and grow,emotions change and your mind is just tagging along for the journey learning trying to make all of it fit. Who ever said you cant have a passonate controlled state of mind?

I like Zapp Brannigan's take on neutrality here are some of his finer quotes.

"I hate these filthy neutrals Kif! With enemies you know where they stand but with neutrals? Who knows! It sickens me."

"What makes a man turn neutral ... Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?"

Bonus quote "Your neutralness, it's a beige alert."

edit on 19-11-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

So I swung my pendulum both ways a few times, the extremes showed the varied layers of it all.

Walking the thin line isn't for everyone......

The freedom is that I can watch it all and not judge my fellow beings.

From that vantage you understand the small steady push for anything in either direction for the ultimate goal at hand. The anylitical mind, changing your surroundings thus your experience.

Nice thread,cheers!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join