It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration Reverse! More Mexicans Are Leaving U.S. Than Coming In

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Do they all cook though. That is the significant question.

edit on 11/19/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If they would lock up the employers of illegal immigrants and throw away the key that would be a good start.

Anybody remember a staunch anti-immigrant politician who had a number of illegals employed at his home?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

You dont have to be a mind reader to know that someone isnt going to belive something because they dont want to.

A respectable institution delivers information you oblivously disagree with and your response is, nope not gonna believe it. I hope your getting paid per word and not per post.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
We've known this for a few years now. But the "noise" drowns the truth out. As always.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So in other words, it's not true because YOU don't want to believe it is true? You're gonna have to try better than that hun.

Let's keep that trend going and speed it up.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: network dude

Wait, what we are doing now is more than enough to drive down the rate of immigration, yet we need to spend MORE money on immigration security? What? I though conservatives were for less government spending. ESPECIALLY when it isn't necessary.

Sorry, I tend to be a fan of securing our borders from anyone who wants to stroll in. We have these cool new things called "laws" that are supposed to assist immigrants in entering the country LEGALLY, so we don't have to worry about bad men sneaking in.

Do you have a lock on your house?

We do have laws, and we do control the border. Immigration is going down, in fact it's down so much that more are leaving for Mexico than are entering the US. This has been the case for a couple years now.

And no, I don't have a lock on my house. I live in one of the highest crime areas an the country. Breaking a lock just messes my door up more if someone chooses to come in uninvited.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: network dude

Wait, what we are doing now is more than enough to drive down the rate of immigration, yet we need to spend MORE money on immigration security? What? I though conservatives were for less government spending. ESPECIALLY when it isn't necessary.

Sorry, I tend to be a fan of securing our borders from anyone who wants to stroll in. We have these cool new things called "laws" that are supposed to assist immigrants in entering the country LEGALLY, so we don't have to worry about bad men sneaking in.

Do you have a lock on your house?

We do have laws, and we do control the border. Immigration is going down, in fact it's down so much that more are leaving for Mexico than are entering the US. This has been the case for a couple years now.

And no, I don't have a lock on my house. I live in one of the highest crime areas an the country. Breaking a lock just messes my door up more if someone chooses to come in uninvited.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
After reading the responses, everyone seems to agree on two major points. 1. the slow economy effects crossings 2. the employers enable them to break the law and keep wages low. Golly gee, I wonder what the solution has been all along.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The economy has picked up. Drive by any construction site and you'll see a whole lot of immigrants.

These are good paying jobs.

I think this article is out of date already.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Many Mexicans are in agriculture.

They can't get field workers anymore. Crops are rotting in the fields.

One farmer I know who had produce fields in both the US and Mexico. A couple years ago he moved his whole operation to Mexico.

It's easy to say: "Send everyone back to their own country" --- with no real thought of what it will mean.

Our manufacturing is gone. Soon our agriculture will be gone.

Well the rate Robotics is going they will not need to work in the fields much longer either. The cost is approaching the cost of hiring illegal immigrnats to work. and a robot does not have to be paid or fed,or watered or even to rest. they will self deport fatser then.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Immigration Reverse! More Mexicans Are Leaving U.S. Than Coming In

SAN DIEGO (AP) — More Mexicans are leaving the United States than migrating into the country, marking a reversal of one of the most significant immigration trends in U.S. history.

A study published Thursday by the Pew Research Center said a desire to reunite families is the primary reason Mexicans go home. A sluggish U.S. recovery from the Great Recession also contributed. Meanwhile, tougher border enforcement has deterred some Mexicans from coming to the United States.

Pew found that slightly more than 1 million Mexicans and their families, including American-born children, left the U.S. for Mexico from 2009 to 2014. During the same time, 870,000 Mexicans came to the U.S., resulting in a net flow to Mexico of 140,000.

A half-century of mass migration from Mexico is "at an end," said Mark Hugo Lopez, Pew's director of Hispanic research.

The finding follows a Pew study in 2012 that found net migration between the two countries was near zero, so this represents a turning point in one of the largest mass migrations in U.S. history. More than 16 million Mexicans moved to the United States from 1965 to 2015, more than from any other country.

Looks like the Republican Presidential rhetoric is wrong again. Apparently more people are leaving the US for Mexico than coming in. We can apparently lay this at the feet of no jobs here for them.

Still, it's this lack of jobs in the U.S. — not family ties — that is mostly motivating Mexicans to leave, said Dowell Myers, a public policy professor at the University of Southern California. Construction is a huge draw for young immigrants, but has yet to approach the levels of last decade's housing boom, he said.

"It's not like all of a sudden they decided they missed their mothers," Myers said. "The fact is, our recovery from the Great Recession has been miserable. It's been miserable for everyone."

Also, Mexico's population is aging, meaning there's less competition for young people looking for work there. That's a big change from the 1990s, when many people entering the workforce felt they had no choice but to migrate north of the border, Myers said.

While the U.S. economic recovery is sluggish, Mexico has been free in recent years from the economic tailspins that drove earlier generations north in the 1980s and 1990s. The peso is relatively stable, inflation is manageable, and while many parts of Mexico suffer grinding poverty and violence, others -- especially in the more industrial northern half -- have become thriving manufacturing centers under the North American Free Trade Agreement, producing cars, airplanes and other heavy equipment.

So there you have it. Looks like the illegal immigration "problem" is starting to fix itself. So can we drop all the silly talks about building walls and the like now?

I'm pretty sure it was the right wingers that said if they weren't enticed by employment opportunities, it would stem the tide. Regardless, I doubt the figures as we've seen many videos of illegal immigrants crossing the borders, day and night. And exactly how did Pew get their data for this poll? An immigrant 1-800 hotline? I call B.S.

(1) There were 11.3 million unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. in 2014. The population has remained essentially stable for five years, and currently makes up 3.5% of the nation’s population. The number of unauthorized immigrants peaked in 2007 at 12.2 million, when this group was 4% of the U.S. population.

(2) There were 5.6 million Mexican unauthorized immigrants living in the U.S. in 2014, down from 6.4 million in 2009, according to preliminary Pew Research Center estimates.

(4) Unauthorized immigrants make up 5.1% of the U.S. labor force. In the U.S. labor force, there were 8.1 million unauthorized immigrants either working or looking for work in 2012.

www.pewresearch.org...

See the conflicting points there?

Immigrant Population Hits Record 42.1 Million in Second Quarter of 2015

Growth driven in last year by surge from Mexico

By Karen Zeigler, Steven A. Camarota August 2015

Steven A. Camarota is the director of research and Karen Zeigler is a demographer at the Center for Immigration Studies.

A new analysis of monthly Census Bureau data by the Center for Immigration Studies shows that the nation's immigrant population (legal and illegal) hit a record high of 42.1 million in the second quarter of this year — an increase of 1.7 million since the same quarter of 2014. Growth in the immigrant population in the last year was led by a 740,000 increase in the number of Mexican immigrants. After falling or growing little in recent years, the number of Mexican immigrants again seems to be growing significantly. The monthly Census Bureau data, referred to as the Current Population Survey (CPS), is released before other data. As more information becomes available, it should confirm the findings from the CPS.1

Among the findings:
•The nation's immigrant (foreign-born) population, which includes legal and illegal immigrants, grew by 4.1 million from the second quarter of 2011 to the second quarter of 2015 — 1.7 million in just the last year.

•Immigrants are 13.3 percent of the nation's total population — the largest share in 105 years.

•Growth in the last year was led by a rebound in the number of Mexican immigrants, which increased by 740,000 from 2014 to 2015 — accounting for 44 percent of the increase in the total immigrant population in the last year.

•The total Mexican immigrant population (legal and illegal) reached 12.1 million in the second quarter of 2015 — the highest quarterly total ever.

•Prior research has indicated that net migration (the number coming vs. leaving) from Mexico had fallen to zero; the recent growth indicates that the period of zero net migration has ended.

•In addition to Mexico, growth in the immigrant population was led by a 449,000 increase in the last year from countries in Latin America other than Mexico.

•The Department of Homeland Security and other researchers have estimated that eight in 10 illegal immigrants are from Mexico and Latin America, so the increase in immigrants from these countries is an indication that illegal immigration has begun growing again.
cis.org...

edit on 20-11-2015 by StoutBroux because: Supporting data for my post

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Do locks keep out anyone who wants to come in? They'll break the lock in a second.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I just hope the UK ups it border security.

Cause I dont want you Americans flooding over here illegaly if you elect trump....

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I just hope the UK ups it border security.

Cause I dont want you Americans flooding over here illegaly if you elect trump....

With projects like the Great Wall of Trump I'm pretty sure we won't be allowed to leave.

In the US there is no right to travel, the government has the final say on anyone wanting to leave the country.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

You are trying to spin data here. You are presenting me information about immigrants in TOTAL and trying to use it to refute my data on Mexican illegal immigrants.

Even your link says this:

•Prior research has indicated that net migration (the number coming vs. leaving) from Mexico had fallen to zero; the recent growth indicates that the period of zero net migration has ended.

edit on 20-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
so with 140k leaving a year... that mean what in 75-80 years it will only be legal citizens here... oh how I jump for joy...

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well, this kind of shows us that Mexicans are actually wiser than most think they are.

I did wonder if it would be worth moving back to Finland and away from all the BS around here. I suppose they don't have BS over there, it is RS (reindeer S***) there.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Maybe someone has brought this up by now, but why is the headline so specific to Mexicans? Is the media so racist as to assume that only Mexicans come here illegally or are they simply pulling one advantageous stat and trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

Most of us understand very well that not only Mexicans come here illegally, and this stat only means something if Mexicans are in fact the bulk of illegals which we've been told over and over would be racist to contemplate. Central and South America have large populations with many nations and in fact most of the children sent here last summer were from other countries than Mexico.
edit on 20-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh please! Don't pull the race card! This whole debate was invented by the right with Trump yelling about building a wall to keep illegal MEXICANS out. This is just counter evidence to show that his rhetoric is dumb and not researched.

Of course there are illegals not from Mexico in the country, but you and I both know that the discussion is carefully directed to just talk about Mexicans. I blame Trump for that, but you may have different ideas.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

a reply to: StoutBroux

You are trying to spin data here. You are presenting me information about immigrants in TOTAL and trying to use it to refute my data on Mexican illegal immigrants.

Even your link says this:

No, read the info from Pew again:

(1) There were 11.3 million unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. in 2014.

snip

(2) There were 5.6 million Mexican unauthorized immigrants living in the U.S. in 2014,

I took the info straight for my previous post straight off the PEW link. How am I spinning anything? Their statements are in conflict. I have nothing to do with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join