It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration Reverse! More Mexicans Are Leaving U.S. Than Coming In

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
(post by DAZ21 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'd rather efforts went towards revamping our legal immigration process than trying to futilely sink money into "securing the border".

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'd rather efforts went towards revamping our legal immigration process than trying to futilely sink money into "securing the border".

Both need to be done.

It is like changing the oil in your car without changing the filter. You might as not even bother at that point.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I disagree. I think more than enough has been done to secure our border.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Both need to be done.

It is like changing the oil in your car without changing the filter. You might as not even bother at that point.

Correct.

Once you have control of the border to even a reasonable degree, you can then see how the actual process works so you know better where it actually does need fixing.

What we're doing now is kind of like trying to stop a water leak in your coolant system after driving into a pond.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
yea the walls not to keep them out but to keep them in. Cheap labour is hard to come by when a huge chuck of the population is fat,drunk or dumb or worse all three forming a trifecta of lethargic-medicated-idiot syndrome.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

And that's why we have 11 million or more people in here that the government claims it has no way to find?

Not good enough then.

Can you find any other illegal immigration stats from other countries that show anywhere the magnitude of that kind of problem? Oh, wait, other countries summarily kick you out if they find you there without proper legal authorization or citizenship, even those countries criticizing us for even talking about it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
And I suppose it has nothing to do with harvest season being over .

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well this thread proves to me that Republicans aren't really about smaller government...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The US kicks you out too if it finds out that you are hear illegally. Don't pretend like that isn't the case.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The porousness of the border is well documented. With a revised, more lenient, immigration policy the amount required to provide security necessary falls in proportion. Less financial and human resources can be used to provide comprehensive security.

edit on 19-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I know it is well documented. It's just impossible to secure.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

The US kicks you out too if it finds out that you are hear illegally. Don't pretend like that isn't the case.

It does?

Then how do so many kids grow up here with their families and get to have the whole "Dreamer" conversation? If the government finds out you're here illegally and gets rid of you ... then they or their parents or both would have been gone a long time ago. It's pretty hard to interact with the system without it not discovering what you are ... unless you are using fake ID, in which case, that's even more criminal activity.

(post by Krazysh0t removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I know it is well documented. It's just impossible to secure.

It can be secured much better than now and I am in no way under the impression that it ill ever be 100% but an effort must be made to improve it from the present situation.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Of course no wall/ border will be 100% secure. Even the Berlin Wall wasn't 100% secure.

Any border can secured better, but at what expense. Is the cure worse than the disease?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Our borders have been more secure under Obama than any previous President. He's shipped more illegals back than any before him. Yet none of that worked. Securing our borders is a silly conservative pipedream.

Dude, do you even listen to yourself?

You claim secure borders is somehow a conservative thing, then blabber on about how Obama has been the greatest border security guy ever. Sometimes your militant liberalism blinds you to reality.

I don't give a rats ass which party protects it, I just like it protected rather than not given the options.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Oh sure we can totally secure it more, but here's the thing. We are going to run into the law of diminishing returns. We'll have to put in considerably more and more effort and money into securing smaller and smaller amounts of the border. Eventually we have to look at it and just say, "enough is enough." Let's explore non-physical avenues to reduce illegal immigration.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join