It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what meat is in donner kebabs?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Biigs
me and my friends used to call it seagul meat.

All we really knew was, its greyish brown and tastes delicious.

Seagulls taste like fish.
Don't ask me how I know that.

we called it seagul because they eat just about anything, but i guess then i meant landguls?

damnit, all this time.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
In the town where I live there are numerous takeaways that serve up donner kebabs.

I remember when the first two opened up back in the early '80's.
One was situated down a back lane in the town centre that is locally known as Piss Alley. The only times I tended to go there was to either have a fight or watch a fight.

The other has changed hands several times but is now owned by some great guys of Iranian origin.
I used to have a pub very close to it and I got to know them reasonably well. They showed me round the premises and they assured me that all of their product was of the highest quality - I have no reason to disbelieve them.

One establishment on a road on the edge of the town centre seems to be the only one that is frequented by Asians - basically its the only place they go themselves for a kebab etc.
I tried it the other week after coming out of a mate of mine's club and I've got to say it was excellent.

I wouldn't have a kebab from any of the other takeaways and I've got to say I've heard some horrendous stories about some of them.

As for what they contain?
I'd guess it depends on the quality of the place but I guess it'll be varying degrees, quality and types of meat mixed with a huge amount of animal fat and grease etc.
Chicken kebabs really are the wisest option - but if going for the donner option then its mandatory to accompany it with copious amounts of chilli and/or garlic sauce.
edit on 19/11/15 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i honestly have this challenge for any brits
walk into a takeaway ask whats the donner meat

you wont get a straight answer

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: lamplighters

When all lamb is used dog meat is good as well. Don't know why people eat this crap.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: lamplighters
i honestly have this challenge for any brits
walk into a takeaway ask whats the donner meat

you wont get a straight answer
Or a straight out lie because they don't actually know and just buy it from wholesalers like this: www.istanbulmeats.com...
...same with any processed meat from unknown factories, only the producer knows. Remember the horse in frozen burgers in the UK. A label doesn't mean it's true.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Dont worry its meat from the finest rats. and dont worry some old dude with a beard has cast a spell on it so its pure halal.
so eat away, you can ALWAYS trust a muslim vendor.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Unless it is a traditional Lebanese restaurant or trying to be it is most likely purred beef, then it is traditionally lamb.

In North America it is likely beef, mixed with bread crumbs ,garlic, cyeane (can't be bothered looking for spelling) pepper,paprika, oregano,basil,black pepper, and a whole lot of powdered MSG.

Used to work in a pizzeria, and make donair cones, as we call them.

The sauce is carnation(canned milk) sugar, garlic powder and curdled with white vinegar.

Funny how different places name them slightly different.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I've been eating this crap but tasty meat composite for years!

It's awesome tasting but wouldn't recommend it for nutrition sakes.

I've researched the ingredients and methods to make it. You won't find the secret online, just directions on how to make a Greek version.

I worry not what's it it but rather in how it is presented.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It could be dogs, cats, rats, homeless people, or horse. Who knows?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Ive eaten thousands of them. Here in Oz they served on a round flat bread (we call it Leb bread) and rolled in foil.

I have mine with lettuce tomato and onion with a dash of chilli sauce.......

Here they are called Doner Kebabs.

or Midnight Lamb Sandwich.

You never know whats in anything these says. When you think your eating Smarties your actually eating crushed beetles.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

So i see "Donner kebab" and the first thing I think of is "Donner Party".

Which, honestly, makes me not want to eat a donner kebab regardless of what is in it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Why? You have fecal matter on your tooth brush. Every time you flush, it sends microscopic bits in to the air and they settle every where in your bathroom, so unless you sterilize your tooth brush before every use..............

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So i see "Donner kebab" and the first thing I think of is "Donner Party".

Don't feel bad. You're not the only one. I'm glad I'm not the only one here that's warped.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Treespeaker
...purred beef...

Mmmmmm, 'purred' beef...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join