It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is south park about to hit another home run home truth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
South park is known for its "dont give a ****" policy to launguage or content.

Having seen their latest episode i not only laughed but once again felt that south park are first to the post with a great topic, internet advertisements vs. the news.

If you havnt seen it, then do (from both a fan of modern conspiricy and south park as a funny show) and let me know what you think.

Is advertising allowed to get away with too much in terms of personalised ad's and general advertising targeting methods?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

You PC brah?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The latest episodes have been great with the gentrification of South Park.

Randy: "We've only had a Wholefoods for two weeks and we were able to get rid of our police".

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The latter of course. No one on ATS is PC.

edit on 19-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Randy: "We've only had a Wholefoods for two weeks and we were able to get rid of our police".

It was sad to see SoDoSoPa spiral into a Detroit-like miasma but at least they still have Shi Tpa Town.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I just watched the episode from last night on the dvr. WOW!
I knew this season was building to something because their havent been too many just all out laughs (well, boogers and c#m is priceless), I have laughed every episode, but more often than not my gf just gives me a look and says it's amazing Stone and Parker haven't been killed. She's not the ats type and SHE is saying that about South Park.

Most people see it as a raunchy cartoon...but it is a mirror held up for society to see just how we are.

I'm curious to see where this is all leading since we are only at the halfway point for the season.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

I'm curious to see where this is all leading since we are only at the halfway point for the season.

Actually there are only two episodes left.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: butcherguy

It was sad to see SoDoSoPa spiral into a Detroit-like miasma but at least they still have Shi Tpa Town.

And it's fine restaurants...Colorado's freshest seafood at Red Robster and fine Asian fusion cuisine at sChitty Wok. Now that the police can beat up minorities again, the homeless aren't a problem outside of Whole Foods

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Actually there are only two episodes left.

I thought it was a ten episode season...

Eta: just checked the dvr. It was episode 8.

edit on 19-11-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I thought it was a ten episode season...

There are, last night was episode 8.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I just checked...

It goes by far too fast.
Ten episodes and a year of waiting.
I think the follow-up to Stick of Truth comes out next year, though. How that game didn't end up AO is beyond me. When the underpants gnomes shrink your character and you have quick time events to dodge your father's swinging genitalia? Inside Mr. Slave?

Looking forward to The Fractured but Whole.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I feel like ATS is on the wrong side of the war.

The PC frat reminds me of many posters here. The smug is over the top.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I feel like ATS is on the wrong side of the war.

The PC frat reminds me of many posters here. The smug is over the top.

The smug was several seasons ago. South Park was covered in Smug when everyone started driving hybrids.

I agree some posters here probably have a brand on their asscheeck that matches Randy's.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My ex never "allowed" for me to watch South Park, so I humored her and didn't for years. I never watch that much tv to begin with because it's all #, as Stan would say before taking a pull off of a bottle of Jameson.

Last year I had some time on my hands and a hulu subscription and decided to watch every episode that I had missed and ended up watching all 17 seasons (season 18 didn't debut until fall).

My eyes were wide open. I could not believe what I was seeing. It was amazing. It IS amazing. I should sit down and author a thread about the most ats worthy episodes..."Margaritaville" comes to mind. My gf worked in Delaware for one of the big credit card companies as an advertising person during the wild west dial-up internet days creating sports themed banner ads...she was privy to a lot of information, though. Let's just say that if everyone knew how much debt was held by just one of the major banks and if everyone decided to skip a payment, the world economy would collapse overnight.

South Park has become more than a mere tv show for me. It reflects my values about how I view the world. I am Stan, I am Kyle, I am Kenny, Butters, and yes even Cartman. We all are.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Smug never goes away, it drifts from episode to episode.

And from cause to cause. PC smug of today is the same smug from the hybrid episode.

edit on 11 19 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Yes to pretty much all that, south park has become the mouth piece of a duo that unwittingly made them incredibly insightful. Something i dont think they realised they would become, so matt and trey are among my list of heroes for genuinely being good people even tho they started out the polar opposite.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This season is by far one of the funniest I've seen in a while. The episode with Trump and the Tweek x Craig episodes are my favorites. I still need to watch last nights. I'll watch it tonight on Hulu though.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

My ex never "allowed" for me to watch South Park, so I humored her and didn't for years.

I hope you sued her for that.
That just isn't right.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Yes to pretty much all that, south park has become the mouth piece of a duo that unwittingly made them incredibly insightful. Something i dont think they realised they would become, so matt and trey are among my list of heroes for genuinely being good people even tho they started out the polar opposite.

Fun fact: Trey and Matt are Libertarians. As far as their comedic value. They've always been satirists. Now you are right, they've HIGHLY refined their art over the years with South Park, but even the first seasons of South Park were still satirical in nature.

PS: I saw the Book of Mormon over this past weekend. HILARIOUS!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join