It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone seen this Mars structure?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Screen grab of structure please?
My work computer has videos blocked

Its this Gigapan Image:

www.gigapan.com...

Approx in the middle towards the background is the bit he rekons is "built."

Thing is,it looks to me he has just enhanced imaging artifacts with photoshop-yes it looks like some weird built thing,but that is the nature of imaging artifacts on ccds when they are not focused on something in the distance,sadly.

He is enhancing the digital limitations of the camera it seems to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
here is a link to same pic he used and I see no structure.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
Here is the original

It seems like quite a leap to go from the original image to his rendition using his "clean up" tools.

That area on the left looks like a canal with a bridge almost on both pics equally as discernable.

BUT! Probably not!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
here is a link to same pic he used and I see no structure.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Yeah, I see the straight line, but the rest is just too distorted and I guess you can make it look like anything.

Oh well

Another one bites the dust

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Sort of reminds me of a documentary I saw on Unidentified Lunar Objects which was basically showing a bunch of photos of different areas of the moon and adding colors to make it appear that unnatural structures were made.

From the moment I hit the play button on Netfilx, I knew that it was 100% malarkey but I viewed it as junk food for the mind. It was mildly entertaining.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Nice levitating rock, though-

Probably just Zardoz far off in the distance.

In all seriousness, Op, I sometimes bring videos to ATS that I question so that I can see it logically debunked. So many YouTubers making wild claims for clicks.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

It's just looks so artificial after enhancement. You look and expect to see pillers holding up the structure, and there are pillers.

You would expect the structure to lead into something else , and it does.

Amazing what enhancement can do. Just looks so real. So, the argument is. Is the enhancement bring out detail that is there that you can see originally. Or filling in the gaps, and makes it look like a complete structure.

Very interesting

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Sort of reminds me of a documentary I saw on Unidentified Lunar Objects which was basically showing a bunch of photos of different areas of the moon and adding colors to make it appear that unnatural structures were made.

From the moment I hit the play button on Netfilx, I knew that it was 100% malarkey but I viewed it as junk food for the mind. It was mildly entertaining.

I'm the same way with radio shows. Even if I am fairly certain the guest is telling a wild tale or possibly whackadoodle, if they are a good story teller, I LOVE it. One of my favorite episodes of Art Bell's latest incarnation was a woman from East Texas talking about a Bigfoot that visits her home on a daily basis. Absolutely zero proof, but what a great story!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've seen his stuff, he always says he doesn't alter the pictures, except for contrast and colour but by doing just those things, he does. Apart from that he is working on what is likely an already compressed image, adding contrast there is exaggerating an already compressed scene. Doing that you can make monsters out of a vaguely pareidolia shape, especially in the scene depicted here, which is right on the edge of the camera's ability to capture good detail.
In edit,
I now see Silcone Synapse has already explained that well.

edit on 19-11-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Stick to your guns OP. If you think it's artificial, then don't let all the naysayers persuade you with their ridicule. Be persuaded with critical thinking and analysis instead. If the rover is actually on Mars, and at this point I don't have any reason to think it isn't. Then I think there are some vestiges of a previous civilization. No one can prove that assertion at this point, but that's what I think. All the fake crap out there hasn't convinced me other wise. But then, I don't have a vested interest either way, as some seem to have. Whether there is or isn't, doesn't change anything for me. The fact we're there at all is exciting enough.
edit on 11/19/2015 by Klassified because: grammar, grammar, grammer, and more grammer

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

I am the same. Love a good mystery, no matter the outcome
Most of the time debunked, but you live and learn

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Stick to your guns OP. If you think it's artificial, then don't let all the naysayers persuade you with their ridicule. Be persuaded with critical thinking and analysis instead. If the rover is actually on Mars, and at this point I don't have any reason to think it isn't. Then I think there are some vestiges of a previous civilization. No one can prove that assertion at this point, but that's what I think. All the fake crap out there hasn't convinced me other wise. But then, I don't have a vested interest either way, as some seem to have. Whether there is or isn't, doesn't change anything for me. The fact we're there at all is exciting enough.

To be honest, I am not an expert . I made this thread knowing that chances are, it would be explained. Has it been explained? I am moving towards yes, but still have that in the back of my head of how complete the structure looks.

Also, as I am not an expert, is enhancement filling in the holes here, or bringing out the details that are there, but we can't see.

I think what I am going to do is mess around with this myself. I am a digital artist, so should pick up the tools to do this.

Maybe start experiment in with earth photos with the same detail and see what comes from that, doing the same enhancement s.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
a reply to: raedar

I am the same. Love a good mystery, no matter the outcome
Most of the time debunked, but you live and learn

I've learned tons from the ATS community, including the bit about straight lines occurring in nature.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

To be honest, I am not an expert.

And neither is anyone who posts in these threads. We're all just giving our opinion, with no way to prove it. It isn't as though we can go there, and see for ourselves.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

It looks like a dam and water reservoir, there seem to be many such on Mars.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Has it been explained? I am moving towards yes, but still have that in the back of my head of how complete the structure looks.

Well, to be honest, you can see pretty well the area in question in the panorama linked by Silcone Synapse. It's not really ambiguous, it's long strata of exposed rock. There is exposed rock strata at different levels all the way up and along that whole area, and even an area where there has been loosened rock from above cutting down through the strata to the bottom. Art Alien's example makes the whole thing look like a viaduct, when it's nothing like that. I would advise you to go and look at some of the other stuff AA does.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Here's my fiddling with it:

Looks a lot less "constructed" here but you know how those NASA guys are all liars and stuff.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
Nice levitating rock, though-

That's a speck of dirt or something that has appeared on all Right Mastcam images since it landed.

Here is an image from Sol 3:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here is one from Sol 602:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Sol 905:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

And Sol 1100:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Every Right Mastcam image you look at will have that speck in that same location.

edit on 11/19/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
His stated position is that there are no straight lines in nature, and he attributes that info to the scifi film, Prometheus.

Look at all the straight lines in this photo-

I think if someone were to turn this photo black and white, zoom in on the horizontal section in the center / far back section of the pic, add tons of contrast and false color, it would begin to look man-made.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Mars pics and searching for evidence of former "life". I just think what this video is showing is artifacts created by contrast and false color.

S&F for posting, it was a fun watch!

I did pretty much exactly as you said.

Now it looks like a bas relief of a lion standing up against something...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Interesting video. I could see that it could be artificial but man do we need a closer shot. Even if it's just sediment and natural, it's so interesting. Why doesn't NASA take close ups of all of this interesting stuff?

<< 1    3 >>

join