It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz to Obama: 'Insult Me to My Face'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Cruz is right. When Obama first took office, he went on an overseas apologetic tour, blaming American policies for all kinds of woes in the world. But, he doesn't stand in front of the American people and insult us to our face. We know America hasn't always been perfect, but damn!...we have done a helluva lot of good in the world, too.

Then Obama goes overseas yet again and insults us, especially his political opponents and hyperbolically rants about the "fear of 3-yr. olds". I guarantee he won't come home and stand in front of his opponents and insult them to their faces.

He is not a president for the people. He is a president for only his fellow kiss-assers and gets petulant and pouty and angry when others don't agree with him. But, like the typical coward he is, he gets far away from them to call them names and make insults.
edit on 19-11-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I am just trying to remember the last time a senator called a sitting president to a public debate like this.

When was the last time we have a political system with this many ASS CLOWNS in positions of power? (all around, not partisan)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Yeah, but just look at that face!

Who would waste their time debating that face?

Ted Cruz is a right-wing, Bible-thumping, neo-conservative lunatic who's opinion isn't worthy of the brain cells used to entertain it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Most excellent post. I agree completely with your analysis.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Yeah, lets make fun of his face because that's all Obama could debate him on?
At least Cruz lays bare his ideology for all to see. You have summed him up neatly I see.
Can we say the same of Obama? Do we know his ideology?
Do you mind neatly summing up Obama for us?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Obama needs to be removed from office, he has lost it.

Why does he 'need to be removed', pray tell. You know he leaves in a year...afterwards President Clinton will probably nominate him to the Supreme Court.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Ted Cruz is laughable.

We are talking about the top man in the senate subcommittee responsible for space related matters, who is less aware of and interested in matters pertaining thereto than I am. For the record, I am what people in his circles refer to as a peon. My opinion and my skills and knowledge mean nothing to folk such as them, and yet I DWARF that man in intellect.

Now, I recognise that I am just a Brit with a brain, but if I outclass a person in terms of general knowledge and scientific awareness, and yet that other individual has a job involving backstopping and funding for space science, you have to wonder what business he has occupying his position.

He had better be a great debater, because he is under qualified in every other respect. The man is a vacuous dullard, and if I met him in public, I would not just say it to his face, I would render him unconscious and tattoo the words on his forehead, so that he could remember them whilst having his morning shave. Perhaps then he might realise that the only thing he is worthy to do, is step down from that subcommittee and comment only upon the matters which he actually has some notion of the import of.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

In response to your thread I'll add this video about the topic at hand because they say exactly what needs to be said about Cruz.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Why the eff would a sitting President, especially a sitting President finishing his second term, debate a Congressman on ANYTHING? Ted Cruz knew that when he said it. When has ANY President debated a Congressman outside of a Presidential debate against the opposing nominee?

Ted Cruz is a waste of space who has spent his limited time in Congress doing absolutely nothing for the American people. Not one thing. Not one bill authored. He's a whiny little baby who constantly looks like he just sucked on a lemon.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog
a reply to: Flatfish

Yeah, lets make fun of his face because that's all Obama could debate him on?
At least Cruz lays bare his ideology for all to see. You have summed him up neatly I see.
Can we say the same of Obama? Do we know his ideology?
Do you mind neatly summing up Obama for us?

me thinks you missed the joke...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

????? So, it's not really muslums attacking people, cutting off heads, suicide bombing innocent people, it's Ted Cruz's people? Wow. That's almost as delusional as obamas last remarks.

The fact that Islamic terrorists are religious extremists doesn't have any bearing on whether or not Ted Cruz is also a religious extremist.

You're exemplifying the sort of intractable binary thinking typical of extremists like Ted Cruz and ISIS — an inability or unwillingness to consider complexities in favor of a reduction to simplistic false dichotomies. The fact that Islamic terrorists are religious extremists doesn't preclude Ted Cruz from also being a religious extremist.

There are lots of extremist ideologies in the world.

Ted Cruz would be perfectly content to live in a right-wing theocracy. Just last week he spoke at a conference (as did his father) organized by Kevin Swanson. Kevin Swanson says things like this:

"There are families, we're talking Christian families, pastors' families, elders' families from good, godly churches — their sons are rebelling, hanging out with homosexuals and getting married and the parents are invited," Swanson said.

"What would you do if that was the case? Here is what I would do: sackcloth and ashes at the entrance to the church and I'd sit in cow manure and I'd spread it all over my body," he continued. "That's what I would do and I'm not kidding, I'm not laughing."

A conference which closed with Kevin Swanson giving a speech in which he said:

Romans chapter 1, verse 32. The apostle Paul does say that homosexuals are worthy of death — his words, not mine. And I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ. And I am not ashamed of the truth of the word of God. And I am willing to go to jail for standing on the word of God.

Do you advocate for our civil leaders to do this today? And my answer is no. But why? Here’s why: Because that’s not such a big deal. … The discussion concerning the capital punishment of homosexuals is nothing, is not all that important when contrasted with hellfire forever. You say, ‘Why wouldn’t you call for it?’ I say it’s because we need some time for homosexuals to repent.

If you're curious Bobby Jindal and Mike Huckabee were also speakers at this event. There's definitely a bunch of wingnut religious extremists infiltrating the American political mainstream and it goes back to the early 80's with Falwell, Robertson, etc.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Then Obama goes overseas yet again and insults us

Don't include me in that "us" please. As far as I'm concerned, much like you and Ted Cruz are talking about Obama, Obama was talking about the likes of you.
edit on 2015-11-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LionOfGOD
Wow. Just... Wow.
Somebody actually supports this twat?
Wow.

Apparently quite a few do. I sort of understood folks voting for him when they fell for his "Hope & Change" BS, but then they re-elected him 3 years ago! So yeah, real glad we have presidential term limits because I think the nation has enough stupid to put him in for a third round given the chance.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I would like to see any of the sitting representatives debate how to deal with this problem. This problem is larger than refugees and migrants. The foreign policy of the United States has been a joke since 9/11. This problem will never get an honest debate in front of the american people.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

What I find funny is George W. Bush also came out and said he "didn't like that guy" (meaning Ted Cruz). He's really not a likable person in my opinion.

Bush doesn't like Cruz because Cruz was one of the lawyers who sided w Texas in the case of Medellín v. Texas.”

Bush involved himself in the case on the side of Mexico and Cruz who argued the case beat the snot out of him and they lost

That's why bush doesn't like him

Isn't it great what research instead of blind disdain and rhetoric will do to clarify things!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: LionOfGOD
Wow. Just... Wow.
Somebody actually supports this twat?
Wow.

Apparently quite a few do. I sort of understood folks voting for him when they fell for his "Hope & Change" BS, but then they re-elected him 3 years ago! So yeah, real glad we have presidential term limits because I think the nation has enough stupid to put him in for a third round given the chance.

They voted against Rmoney not for Obama. The gop seems comfortable in the loser role. I wonder who be their boy this time? Jeb probably. ...

edit on 19-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

If Cruz really wants to be "insulted to his face" all he need do is watch some of his own speaches.
I have watched him a couple of times and the news videos of him don't really do him justice.
If you ever get a chance to see him speakin person, just listen closely to what he is saying at any one moment and try to keep it in context with the other stuff he says.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Throw down on the White House lawn! 20 on Obama.

Let's go!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Cruz won't get the nomination. He is just to ugly. Politics and elections in general have mutated into the category of "entertainment" and to be successful in the "biz" you can't be ugly as a bucket of *** *****. That's just the facts of life and the Republicans Know this.
If Sarah had of kept her mouth shut, her and McC could have taken the WH.

All the republican women at my office think Jeb is "kinda cute" so there ya go....

edit on 19-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm hoping this indicates Obama is planning on going out with a bang.
Not literally.

I really must reiterate how stupefied I am with the idiocy of some people. It gives me a headache just thinking about some of the things they say.
edit on 19/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join