It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slain LA County officer was targeted, killed in headquarters parking lot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I've never shot up a police station. But playing several versions of GTA over the years has taught me that I probably won't survive the decision if i do.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

You know more about this sort of thing than I...but that sounded a little weird to me, as well.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Bedlam

I've never shot up a police station. But playing several versions of GTA over the years has taught me that I probably won't survive the decision if i do.

It would be a poor choice for a location to just bushwhack someone. I don't think cops in general are (yet) so careful you never get a chance to get them in a better locale, if it was a personal thing.

It's also a poor choice for a random robbery.

I could see tactical reasons to do something like this, but not the way they did it.

Just seems nuts, or stupid.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
What did the officer do?

Was he a gang task force guy? Narcotics? That might go a long ways towards explaining... Maybe.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

One of my biggest fears in the US is that we get a group, who successfully targets a few cops, and makes it known they're hunting them. How many successful hits would it take to bring about true martial law? Whenever stories like this happen I always find myself hoping that it's something other than that scenario.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Three arrests, including a juvenile. Apparently police think these guys are responsible for a couple other robberies that occurred in the same area. They're saying that the trio was out looking for people to rob, but that they don't believe he was targeted because of being LE and that the suspects likely didn't realize it until they were up on him.

He was in plain clothes because he had just finished some training and was returning to the station. Nothing about whether he managed to get his gun into play or identified himself or anything else. The sister of the juvenile showed reporters a text from her brother where he said "I love you all, my homie just up and did something."

www.latimes.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Once they were in custody, the suspects admitted to trying to rob Galvez, according to Corina, who said Galvez was not targeted because he was a police officer.

That's effed up..Shouldn't matter who it was they were trying to rob/kill.These punks deserve the maximum penalty,and they most def will get it for murdering Galvez..

edit on 20-11-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: seagull
The sister of the juvenile showed reporters a text from her brother where he said "I love you all, my homie just up and did something."

Welcome to the world of felony murder charges, mijos.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join