It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected mastermind of Paris massacre killed in terror raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

The man suspected of ringleading last Friday's Paris attacks that killed 129 people, who bragged that he could always stay one step ahead of Western intelligence, was killed in the police raid north of Paris Wednesday. Officials also confirmed that his cousin was killed, when she apparently blew herself up.

Here is the link to the story.

I can't help but wonder if they are just pinning this on someone to make them look like they are doing their job, or if this is in fact "the guy". Either way, I haven't seen this posted yet, so i would love to hear the thoughts of ATS.

*I also found this a bit suspicious.

Investigators said it was still unclear how he died. Eight other people were arrested.

And

The bodies recovered in the raid were badly mangled, with a part of the woman's spine landing on a police car, complicating formal identification. Her possible role in the Paris massacre was unclear.

Lot's of "unclear" things.

Fire away.

Solong
edit on 19-11-2015 by solongandgoodnight because: More input

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

Maybe the other guys killed him before authorities could capture him, so that he wouldn't snitch?

the story does sound wishy washy - they're probably withholding a bunch of details since they want to nab more of these bastards (I would too)

I hope they keep shutting 'em down!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Yes I'm sure they are. I found another thread that i missed on this subject here on ATS where a discussion is already started. So people may want to check out that thread.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It doesn't matter anyway in my opinion. This guy wasn't a "mastermind"

He got some people to go to a few different locations and kill people at the same time. I'm sure there's hundreds more in ISIS capable of the same feat.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

I agree with you. Part of the reason i wanted to post this was because of the way they are trying to paint this guy. A "mastermind"? I think not. A puppet for the larger Islamic State? Maybe so.

I feel like they needed to kill or make an arrest on someone quickly. Hence, this guy.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ya I'm just not buying that he was the master mind. Sorry but I don't. For all I know this was just some guy they decided to plant the seed on. He's now dead and can't talk.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

So, they killed him without a trial? This is some gangster sh*t !!!

edit on 19-11-2015 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

So, they killed him without a trial? This is some gangster sh*t !!!

Why does there need to be a trial for one who commits terrorist acts such as this?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Oh there you are....phew, separation anxiety maybe.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Why does there need to be a trial for one who commits terrorist acts such as this?

Well, wouldn't they need some Intel about the organization and the network from the suspected terrorist? You think these French intelligence are F****** stupid? That masterminded idiot doesn't exist in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I can't help but wonder if they are just pinning this on someone to make them look like they are doing their job, or if this is in fact "the guy". Either way, I haven't seen this posted yet, so i would love to hear the thoughts of ATS.

No, they know who he is and he is well known in ISIS.

Even before last week's attacks, Morroccan-born Abaaoud, 28, was one of Islamic State's highest-profile European recruits, prominently profiled in the group's slick online English-language magazine Dabiq, where he boasted of traveling across European borders staging attacks.

Before the attacks, European governments thought Abaaoud was still in Syria. "This is a major failing," said Roland Jaquard at the International Observatory for Terrorism.

www.reuters.com...

*I also found this a bit suspicious.

Investigators said it was still unclear how he died. Eight other people were arrested.

And

The bodies recovered in the raid were badly mangled, with a part of the woman's spine landing on a police car, complicating formal identification. Her possible role in the Paris massacre was unclear.

Why is it suspicious as they aren't sure he died from French police bullets or maybe his own knowing he was not going to get caught alive, as for the girl she blew herself up with a suicide belt which is why she was spread out and identifying her was complicated.

As for her role in the Paris attack, it may have been that she was going to be used in a separate attack that this group was planning.

Two police sources and a source close to the investigation told Reuters the St. Denis cell had been planning a new attack on Paris's La Defense business district. A source close to the investigation said the female bomber who was killed might have been Abaaoud's cousin.

www.reuters.com...

Seems they weren't done with their attacks only to be stopped before anything else could happen.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics

Well, wouldn't they need some Intel about the organization and the network from the suspected terrorist? You think these French intelligence are F****** stupid? That masterminded idiot doesn't exist in my opinion.

Except someone has to coordinate the attacks, get the bomb making material, supply the logistics...these things don't happen by themselves which means someone was the mastermind behind the attacks.

The French have intel about the organization they just didn't have anything to arrest these people on until now. You can know who is considered a bad guy, you just can't arrest them for being known as a bad guy until they actually break a law there.

The fact is French intelligence screwed up as they thought he was still in Syria and not in France.

Before the attacks, European governments thought Abaaoud was still in Syria. "This is a major failing," said Roland Jaquard at the International Observatory for Terrorism.

Also know that being from an EU country makes it easier to move around Europe than it is if your not from an EU country.

French officials have called for changes to the functioning of the EU's Schengen zone, which normally does not monitor the entry and exit of citizens of its 26 countries.

www.reuters.com...

If your not tracking every single individual you will not where they come and go...and you simply can't keep up with that on every suspected terrorist in the world, as some get by.
edit on 19-11-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think you just really like to argue. Attempting to make people feel stupid for their thoughts apparently makes you feel smarter and superior.

Good luck with your issues.a reply to: tsurfer2000h

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yes, they keep all the details, either way Well Done!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It seems like the media have decided to print presumption as fact. Only the death of the leader has been confirmed. To me it seems the identity of the woman and whether she blew herself up is still not known. Other reports said she was blond. Look up pictures of the woman they are naming and see if it is likely she would have blond hair, why would someone who covers their hair dye it? They are now saying she wasn't interested in Islam at all. Maybe she was forced to wear a suicide vest and used as human shield? Regardless of that possibility people are expressing great delight in her having her head blown off.

One witness, known only as Christian, 20, said he heard a woman, thought to be Ait Boulahcen, yelling 'Help me!' after a 15 minute lull in the firefight. He told Le Parisien: 'The police asked her to identify herself, and to show herself. She held her hands up but she didn't reveal her face. 'The police shouted at her: 'Keep your hands in the air!' They told her: 'We're going to shoot.' 'The police were firing from the roof of the building opposite. Suddenly there was an enormous explosion. It was probably the woman who blew herself up.
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... e-big-hats.html#ixzz3rxQgOL5J Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

OK, here's something slightly irrelevant but somethin to think about ..

top topics

join