It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Pastor Says Victims Of Paris Attacks Worshipped Death And Therefore Deserved To Die

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
First of, not sure if this is the correct forum for this but think ATS should include a new forum called "Can't make this S**** up"

We've had a lot of threads and discussions calling for all Muslims to condemn ISIS and how they are not doing enough to deal with the lunatic fringe of their religion, but what are the Christians doing about their own lunatic preachers. I don't see a hashtag saying "Not in my name" by Christian Social Media users.....

For our latest example of Fundamentalist Christianity in the US, i give you Pastor Steven Anderson, who this week blamed those attending the concert in Paris for their own deaths.

The video below Anderson was talking about one of the attacks in Paris, in particular, that happened at the Le Bataclan Theatre, where the band The Eagles Of Death Metal was performing. He said

“When you go to a concert of death metal, somebody might get killed,” Anderson preached. “You know, you’re worshiping death, and then, all of a sudden, people start dying!”

For the record, The Eagles Of Death Metal isn’t actually a death metal band. The name is meant to be satirical.

Anderson continued:

“Well, you love death so much, you bought the ticket, you love worshiping Satan! Well, let’s have some of Satan’s religion come in and shoot you! I mean, that’s what these people should think about before they go into such a wicked concert!”

In the past, Anderson has called for all the “homos” in America to be executed by the government, for President Obama to be murdered, for Caitlyn Jenner’s heart to be “ripped from his chest,” and for all “gay pedophiles” to die of brain cancer, among other things.

Fast forward to the 5:45 mark in the video below to hear Anderson’s vomit-inducing comments.

So whilst we all discuss how bad and evil all Muslims are for not standing up to hate preachers that are asking for everyone to be put to death, where is all the Christian outrage towards this pastor and pastors in the US like him calling for sections of society to put to death? IMHO this chap is no different than an ISIS Imam and he should be treated as such.

If an Imam had said the same thing in an American Mosque this week, he would have been carted off by Homeland Security, and for anyone stating otherwise is just delusional.

Following is more of this nincompoops Crazy past sermons.

“Many people today have the idea that Jesus Christ while he was on this earth had long hair and wore clothing that looked like a dress. The reason for this is that…Sodomite homosexuals such as Michelangelo painted Jesus to look effeminate and to have long hair in order to make him fit their own queer image.

“I hate Barack Obama. Well, you say ‘you don’t like what he stands for.’ No, I hate him! I’m going to prove from the Bible why I should hate Barack Obama, why God wants me to hate Barack Obama, why God hates Barack Obama.”

“Only the King James version says this. God said a man is someone who pisseth against the wall.”

Source

Heartless Pastor Blames Victims of Paris Attacks For Going To "Death Metal" Concert, Has Never Actually Heard EAGLES OF DEATH METAL

ARIZONA PREACHER ATTACKS VICTIMS OF PARIS ATTACKS AND "SINFUL NATION" OF FRANCE

Arizona pastor blames ‘sinful’ France and death metal for Paris terror massacre

Surprised that the story is not in any MSM but that's probably as it would go against the grain!!

edit on 19.11.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Where's the peace loving Christian on ATS condemning Pastor's remark? Oh, they're busy crusading, debating how 1.6 B Muslim are evil.

Meh ...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

"EVIL Music" has ALWAYS been a target of extremist Christians!

I remember back in the early 80's when I was "saved" how one of the first things they taught the younger people of the church the evil of rock. There were actually people going to churches with a slide type show with music playing Led Zeppelin backwards and you could hear "blah blah blah SATAN", BUT only after they told you what you would hear! Kind of like some of these Ghost Hunter shows?

Funny thing I remember about those days? (I am no longer a believer) Those churches who spent more time fighting evil instead of worshipping Christ and helping people in their community were the churches that fell on troubled times more often than not!

Idiots like this so called "Man of God" are nothing new! Simply replaying screwed up logic that was tried unsuccessfully almost 40 years ago...........

edit on 19-11-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Utterly dreadful but....
Whilst he calls for death murder and mayhem....highly unlikely any sane normal human being christian or otherwise will take a blind bit of notice...to most he's just a ranting nutjob but if an Imam said the same things I think you could probably guarantee some followers would do just that because the Imam said so. Being a "christian" in the loosest sense, in the West means we have freedom to choose not to follow idiots the freedom to denounce them and the freedom to completely ignore them. Unfortunately the religion of Islam is very very strict secular and all encompassing and there simply isn't the freedom to do the above if you're a Muslim, unless you want some sort of backlash, you keep quiet or go all radical harsh but true

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Unfortunately the religion of Islam is very very strict secular and all encompassing and there simply isn't the freedom to do the above if you're a Muslim

Not all sects of Islam are blood thirsty, but I agree that the most fundamental sect of Islam known as Wahhabism is everything as you described. It is Wahhabism form of Islam that ISIS adhere to and that Saudi Arabia and Iran promote around the World. Without stats and only in my opinion, I would guess most Western Converts to Islam are actually practising Wahhabism.

But back on topic, as there are plenty of threads discussing Islam already, why is it only the Fundamental Muslim preachers we get to hear about, why not the Christian Fundamentalist nincompoops. Only in the last couple of weeks 3 Republican Presidential candidates - Ted Cruz, Bobby Jindal, Mike Huckabee attended a Christian Conference Whose Host Wants Gays Executed and then went on to make a speech about the government should kill all LGBT. So whilst you say not all Christians agree with these nincompoops preachers, 3 potential presidential candidates do.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

For the record, The Eagles Of Death Metal isn’t actually a death metal band. The name is meant to be satirical.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

To this guy? Metal is Rock, Rock is Metal if it isn't Christian Music, it's evil, they both have electric guitars where the musician is "holding them out as an extension of their phallus"!

I kid you not! Talking about this, it all came back to me and I am having a good chuckle thinking about it!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Anyone who has listened to clips of Steven Anderson surely understands he's whacked out, and in serious need of mental health intervention, before he hurts himself, or someone else. Unfortunately, that isn't likely to happen, because he's in a protected class in this country. If anyone outside that class were to say some of the things he says, they'd be in the psych ward.
edit on 11/19/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I'll have to take your word on it seeker1963

Just a tad shocking to me as it seems in the states anyone can become a Pastor whereas here in the UK you need a theology degree and many years training. Plus the U.S have those mega churches which is not something we have here in the UK.

These Pastors seem like celebrities in the states, but by far the worst scum of the earth pastor in the states that I've heard of is "Pat Robertson"

If there was such a place as hell, this fundi would have a seat right next to the devil!!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Not surprised since they are the same people that wanted the US to turn into a Theocracy.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Its not that I'm saying most don't agree with etc....I'm saying we have the freedom to agree or disagree which is more than some followers of Islam have

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

We have come a long way though in a sense!

Not too long ago in 1956, there was a big hoop de doo when on the Ed Sullivan Show they showed Elvis Presley gyrating his hips!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics
Where's the peace loving Christian on ATS condemning Pastor's remark? Oh, they're busy crusading, debating how 1.6 B Muslim are evil..

You don't exactly give them much time, 9 minutes after the thread was posted.
Especially since most of them will be American and hardly out of bed.

I would not have bothered, anyway. If somebody is already putting the obvious case, I don't feel the need to jump in and say "me too".

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Utterly dreadful but....
if an Imam said the same things I think you could probably guarantee some followers would do just that because the Imam said so. Being a "christian" in the loosest sense, in the West means we have freedom to choose not to follow idiots the freedom to denounce them and the freedom to completely ignore them. Unfortunately the religion of Islam is very very strict secular and all encompassing and there simply isn't the freedom to do the above if you're a Muslim, unless you want some sort of backlash, you keep quiet or go all radical harsh but true

This is not true. All of what you typed is untrue. There are as many nutty Christians as there are Muslims and someone is going to follow this preacher's directions one day.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Its not that I'm saying most don't agree with etc....I'm saying we have the freedom to agree or disagree which is more than some followers of Islam have

What part of Christianity is optional? I remember no parts of the bible that say "Thou shalt do X,Y and Z, but only if you are comfortable with that Bro."

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: mekhanics
Where's the peace loving Christian on ATS condemning Pastor's remark? Oh, they're busy crusading, debating how 1.6 B Muslim are evil..

You don't exactly give them much time, 9 minutes after the thread was posted.
Especially since most of them will be American and hardly out of bed.

I would not have bothered, anyway. If somebody is already putting the obvious case, I don't feel the need to jump in and say "me too".

It was a day after the attacks that this Pastor made these comments.

Do Americans sleep for 6 Days at a time now?

Edit - I was not talking about ATS Christians condemning this Pastor, I was talking in General about no hashtag on Twitter or any other Social Media platform from Christians stating "Not in my name"
edit on 19.11.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My assumption was that the poster was demanding an instant reaction to the thread.
But you think he meant that Christians should make it their business to track down news of bad Christians and post up their own threads on the subject?

edit on 19-11-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The difference is that every time someone like this pops up people like you are all "Christians are like this." When an equally radical contingent of Muslims kills thousands of people every year it's "No true Scottsman!" Obviously the pastor here is ignorant... but he's also not killing tons of people every day. So, while I won't ever take this clown pastor seriously, I don't feel like he would cut off my head for not agreeing with him. I mean, seriously, you don't understand that?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

My assumption was that the poster was demanding an instant reaction to the thread.

The poster (me) clearly wrote I don't see a hashtag saying "Not in my name" by Christian Social Media users.....

"Social Media" being the operative word!!

But you think he meant that Christians should make it their business to track down news of bad Christians and posting up their own threads on the subject?

I think that i meant what???? I don't normally think of myself in the "Third Person".

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
But my post was not in response to what you said.
It was very clearly marked as a reply to an observation by "mekhanics", which I quoted.
viz;

Where's the peace-loving Christians on ATS?

I think that i meant what???? I don't normally think of myself in the "Third Person".

As I've already tried to explain, I said "he" because I was talking about somebody who was not you. Mekhanics.

edit on 19-11-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join