It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Respond When Someone Blames All Muslims

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

If they can they will. when asked in a poll 75% of muslims that have emigrated to my non muslim country wants sharia and support a caliphate but they dont throw bombs to get there, and their total number does not make it viable to push the agenda. But when they can they will, and the rest 25% will move on or assimilate.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: THEatsking

No I prefer objective metrics. Democrats are poor. Poor people are in some way inferior to society. Obviously exceptions exist but that's how it is. I am tired of someone who can't afford their own birth control lecturing me on the geopolitics of the Middle East. I apologize if viewed as a micro aggression.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You obviously cannot provide the proof to back up your statement,. No proof, it never happened, right?

We agree on one thing, our convo is indeed over.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The problem seems to me to be, that if someone says anything less than positive about any Muslim, it is being construed to mean they are making an accusation of "all" Muslims. The "all" part comes from the ones that think that all Muslims need defending.

If I walk into a produce store and stop in front of the Gala apple stand and announce, "these apples look a bit too ripe". No one in the store including the proprietor, is going to think I mean every single apple in the store, or stretch it to mean all the fruit in the State.

So even if one says some, or even, a few Muslims, they often are still painted with the same stupid xenophobe/racist brush.

It seems duplicitous to me that when people speak negatively of one or more Muslims, they are suddenly dumped in the racist/xenophobe category, and accused of hating "all" Muslims. That seems to me to be just as stupid.

I am not defending racist or xenophobic behavior. I just think that you should play by the same rules that you demand from others.

Can someone explain to me the need for this new huge campaign, for defending the Muslims. With so many other groups being attacked and treated unjustly, why the single campaign for protecting this one single group? There could be a really good reason. I haven't heard it yet, so it makes me highly suspicious, and I like to know if and why I am being manipulated.

edit on 19-11-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edit.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

So the west drove them out? I though they were fleeing from ISIS? So the refugees are mad at the West? Does not make any sense at all.

Whom invaded whom first?

NATO has bombed the refugees countries, destabilizing the entire regions economy, producing a flood of refugees.

Some guys in pick up trucks are both blamed and used as the excuse reason for the Air campaigns that produced the refugees.

Your confusion stems from the lack of coverage of the actual bombing thats occurring in Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, Iraq, etc. All we see on the western main stream is how terrible awful the puny terrorist attacks are.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Jmilo

Democrats are poor.

No.
They are highly educated, reasonable, critical thinkers.

But - anyway - yeah - good luck here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Democrats are poor.

No.
They are highly educated, reasonable, critical thinkers.

But - anyway - yeah - good luck here on ATS.

No. An individual’s likelihood of being a Democrat decreases with every additional dollar he or she earns. Democrats have a huge advantage (63 percent) with voters earning less than $15,000 per year.

My life is much bigger than ATS. Sad this is where you gotta come to get your licks in. I imagine there's many baristas in our midst, making up for lost time.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Jmilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Again, no. Pay attention, now, J.....

Democrats hold advantages in party identification among blacks, Asians, Hispanics, well-educated adults and Millennials.

Republicans have leads among whites – particularly white men, those with less education and evangelical Protestants – as well as members of the Silent Generation.

Pew Research Center statistics
(If you are unfamiliar with Pew Research, well, you know how to use search engines)
And that will be all between us.

Thanks for playing.

edit on 11/19/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Again, no. Pay attention, now, J.....

Democrats hold advantages in party identification among blacks, Asians, Hispanics, well-educated adults and Millennials.

Republicans have leads among whites – particularly white men, those with less education and evangelical Protestants – as well as members of the Silent Generation.

Pew Research Center statistics
(If you are unfamiliar with Pew Research, well, you know how to use search engines)
And that will be all between us.

Thanks for playing.

Are you being cereal? I said democrats are poor. You saying democrats are more educated does not negate my statement.

Today's lesson in logic brought to you by the educating people who vote for candidates who give them free stuff pac.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Dude, you are wrong.
Read the article. Until you have done so, that's all I have to say to you, really.

In fact, that's all I have to say to you whether you read it or not.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Dude, you are wrong.
Read the article. Until you have done so, that's all I have to say to you, really.

In fact, that's all I have to say to you whether you read it or not.

I guess we shall let the free market assume our fates...

Lol

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I read something that can be described as this. Men are taller than women. A sweeping generalization but not an offensive one. Scientifically, it is correct. Whilst there are many women who are taller than men, as a rule, men are still scientifically taller and this generalization doesn't matter because women prefer to be taller than men anyway and visa versa.

BUT

As soon as I say women are fatter than men, suddenly it is perceived as a negative attitude. And again, many many men are fatter than women but scientifically, women are indeed fatter than men. Their bodies produce more weight for the purpose of child bearing. Fat in normal women represents between 18% and 20% of body weight, whereas in men it represents only 10% to 15% .

Conclusion? Sweep generalizations are sometimes correct, even more so if no one is offended by it. As soon as it becomes offensive, emotional response takes precedent over facts.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo
This threads have nothing to do with commonsense, nor are they created in hopes of building bridges of peace and harmony for all peoples including, dare I say it, all Muslims.

These threads only create more division, suspicion, and hatred, and they doing a stellar job of it.

Most of them, I guess mean well. Most are just following the script they have been given. They think arguing who did what in the past and who fostered the most evil of events in history, actually gives vindication and justifies the evil that people do today, and yet they are the first to label others as stupid and ignorant.

I am done with all of these bait threads. Hopefully there will be at least a few people left on ATS that has not been taken over by the collective, and will be able to drop a morsal of reason about here or there.

I am erasing all these thread from my ATS. I may lurk off and on, but my plate is going to full the next couple of months trying to deal with the monsters that are preying on the members of my community. The holidays is prime hunting season and we are all putting in overtime trying to keep everyone safe, and make sure there is someone available 24/7 to care for anyone that may fall victim.

I wish nothing but happiness for everyone, and I hope the holidays are filled with joy, peace and love for, dare I say it, "all".

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCooper71
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yep how dare she as a woman want to protect herself from sexual assault from men who's culture permits the rape of non believers.
She should completely ignore the fact that Sweden has become the rape capital of Europe since accepting a large number of muslims, and the thousands of white girls groomed, raped and forced into prostitution across the UK.
No she should listen to your anecdotal evidence....the bigot.

THIS!

And I would reverse the stats on the many and the few. Not talking about long term immigrants here. It partly depends on where, but even in moderate countries, there are these oddly fanatical insurgents. And alot of differences.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I've been trying to tell people this.

Islam isn't violent -- people are violent.

Guns don't kill people -- people kill people.

It doesn't seem to connect though, people want someone to dislike, fear and hate...unfortunately.

Are there going to be more attacks? Probably, and more blood will be shed -- but loosing our moral courage and taking away other people's freedom isn't American.

Let me say that again, it isn't American. Our country was founded by brave people with amazing moral courage. We might not like what someone else says or believes in, but we should all fight like hell as Americans for their right to say or believe it.

That's American.

Cowering in fear, stripping people's rights, and cheering the man with a megaphone spewing hate-speech isn't American.

Be an American, be brave and have the moral courage to stand up and not buy into the propaganda, fear, lies and manipulation being used on you. Our forefathers bleed and gave their lives so that we have the freedoms and rights we do.

If we deny those rights to others, it will only be a matter of time before those rights are taken from you.

In order to preserve the rich heritage of our country, and to ensure that our children and future generations can enjoy the freedom to practice a faith of their choosing, we must remember what we enjoy, and how valuable it is. Don't let a tiny minority of people fool you into compromising yourself.

Wake up America, start acting like the Americans your forefathers would expect you to be.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
What people fail to understand is radical islam is much larger thn we are led to believe.They also fail to understand that The Muslim Brotherhood is all through politics and they are all radical themselves.Just a different form of radical Islam.

Muslim governments cannot get over their own hatred of each other,Sunnis,Kurds,Turks,Shias,etc.They all hate each other to the point where they will kill each other if given the go.

All Islam nations will continue to blame Israel for everything because that is their poltical strenght.They want to take over Israel with violence or non-violence.Why you see so much anti-semitism through muslim politics.Also why they are using the U.N. to try to gain power to get a State in Palestine to over throw Israel and gain more power.
Saudi Arabia is only freinds because they have a lot of money as well as Qatar through the oil, and they are enemies of Iran muslims.There are peaceful muslims but there is no such thing as Islamic nations that want peace.Kind of like China and Russia and the U.S. ever really going to have real peace.
That has to do with who they side with on a world scale with oil and wealth and beliefs.Only thing is WW3 or The Battle of Armageddon in the future at some point.
edit on 20-11-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join