It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True love?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Well I think I finally found it! Took 37 years and some frogs but I believe this is it!

I've been with my boyfriend for almost a year now, we have had some crazy ups and downs but through it all he always proved his love for me. I've known him for about ten years, his sister was my best friend, (that's another story and thread lol) I always felt this pull towards him for years but dismissed it as a crush or just nerves.

I moved away awhile back and didn't see either of them for years. Well when I moved back I ran into them allllll over town. I was happy to be back and have my best friend around again but then her brother was there too! The first time I saw him again I ran into them at a consignment shop. I almost died when I saw him and I got that same gut feeling I had all those years ago when I was around him. I could feel my face turning multiple shades of red and his mother and sister were teasing me. They always made comments about us dating but I always said no I can't, I didn't think I should date my friends brother.

Well months later we all went out and things changed, he made a move and kissed me. I almost died, well not really of course but it was shocking literally. I felt this rush when he kissed me and all the feelings I had over the years when I was around him made sense. Everyone always commented on how we had chemistry but he and I never said a word, we just laughed. Well the night he kissed me I knew he was the one for me and always had been. It was like the universe was telling me all these years as was my gut instinct, which I'm horrible at following when it comes to love. Lol I ignore it and tend to date the wrong guys.

I've had my fair share of relationships over the years. I loved them all but in a different way. I knew deep down none of them would last but being the person I am I thought I could fix their problems and everything would be fine. My ex in Italy, I knew the moment I got there it was going to end, I felt it buy ignored it. Oh how I no longer ignore my instincts in matters of the heart. My ex in Italy wasn't a bad guy at all he just had a lot to deal with emotionally before he could be in a real relationship. I have no ill will towards him whatsoever.

Then you have my ex husband, well let's just say he played me and I fell for it. I saw who he was and finally left. Let's just say he still in my life in the most insane way and it's been interesting but he won't ruin what I have with my boyfriend by any means even though he has tried and failed.

Ok back to my love. He's 34 and has never had a real relationship before. I'm his first love, I've never been anyone's first love, ever. It's taken him time to open up and for us to get to where we are. I have honestly never had anyone treat me the way he does in every way. He's open, honest, loyal, understanding, sweet, kind, a true gentleman, hard working and he COMMUNICATES in a way I've never had in a relationship! It's unreal! I've never been so open with anyone in my life. I've always been somewhat guarded due to past hurts but with him I can be me 100%. He loves crazy alien conspiracy loving me! I don't have to worry about what I say around him, we have the same twisted sense of humor which is just awesome! I love having someone to match wits with, never had that before. We have so much in common especially when it comes to topics you would find on ATS. I've never dated anyone I could discuss these topics with and have them be just as knowledgable about them. It's quite the turn on lol. We stay up all night discussing various subjects and watching documentaries. We have a mutual love of Star Wars and I lobe when he speaks Yoda to me! It's a match made in nerd heaven lol I just feel so safe and at ease around him. I'm comfortable and content. He makes me feel safe, loved, wanted and needed. I've never felt that from anyone. We both joke about the last ten years and where has each other been. He says now is our time and before we both had to grow and experience. I agree because honestly it never would have worked out ten years ago or even 5 years ago. We both talk about the deep connection we feel with each other and how we both felt something previously but said nothing. I'm so glad he made a move even if it took ten years lol.

So now at 37 I have someone who gives me all I want in a relationship. It's something I've never had and it scares me honestly. I love being his first and only love. I understand his insecurities with having a first love and he gets mine with being hurt many times. We have a great respect and understanding for each other, also patience is key for us! I joke and tell him I was patient for ten years so patience now is nothing now that he's all mine. Lol it's nice to have someone share the same interests and want the same things in life. He's very humble, down to earth, family oriented (he's great with my son!) and hard working. He has all the traits I admire in a partner. He has a huge heart and sometimes imo it's too big but that is one thing I love about him, he just wants to help others. He treats me with respect, something I haven't had in a relationship in 13 years. He freaks me out but not in a bad way but in the way of "how did I get so lucky and am I deserving of this"? Sounds silly I know but I've never had someone like him in my life and to think all these years HE was the one.

Were all those gut feelings and butterflies over the years when I saw him a sign? The first time I met him I remember the feeling and it made me uncomfortable because I didn't know what I felt! Every time after that when my friend asked me to go out I asked if her brother was coming and it wasn't because I wanted to see him it was because I felt so nervous around him and didn't want to feel stupid when he just showed up. I remember so many times him sitting there and just watching. I always noticed him of course and there are pics of us holding hands yet neither of us recall why we were. I never looked at him as boyfriend material, he was my best friends brother, I thought he was very cute and I knew he made me feel all warm and fuzzy when I saw him. Now though it alllll seems to make sense. I don't have that crazy gut feeling with him anymore. It went away when he kissed me.

It's crazy how love really does sneak up on you when you least expect it!

"Love sought is good, but giveth unsought is better." ~ Shakespeare

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Oh imaginary true love...that annoying mix of chemicals in our bodies that make us think and act like total idiots. Sometimes it makes more sense to ignore your hormones

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway
Oh imaginary true love...that annoying mix of chemicals in our bodies that make us think and act like total idiots. Sometimes it makes more sense to ignore your hormones

What's the matter never been in love? You sound bitter. Maybe someone dumped you? Why you gotta rain on someone's parade.

Love is chemistry and it's not imaginary when it's the right person.

You'll understand one day.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Well played mblah!

I hope that things continue to fill you with bliss, since you are most deserving of it. Congratulations!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Nothing like it

Is there

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
bah I'm sooooo jealous...I want all those feelings, butterflies and expectations
50yrs on this planet and still not had love...except from my children and that's different lol they HAVE to love you

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Well played mblah!

I hope that things continue to fill you with bliss, since you are most deserving of it. Congratulations!

TrueBrit!!! Nice to see you! Thank you!

Lol yea I joke that I plotted for ten years to get him. Lol it's been so unexpected I can't even believe it. I've never been with someone who is reassuring and HONEST, lol honesty that's a new one I'm learning to deal with. It's nice to have someone I can be myself with and he knows my past and never judges me. It's quite nice.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

What's the matter never been in love? You sound bitter. Maybe someone dumped you? Why you gotta rain on someone's parade.

Love is chemistry and it's not imaginary when it's the right person.

You'll understand one day.

Yes...as you said CHEMISTRY. Sure i have been in love...when I was a child....before I realized the reality of our so called love. Love is what we had in this country before its disentigration...when people actually had real families. We are a society of convience...love doesnt fit into the equasion

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: odinsway

This post is not about the damn country and the state it's in. Take that crap to the ATS side! No negative Nancy's here thanks.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Just trying to prove a point that no young person can grasp....because they werent there. I have no way to relate to you how much people cared for eachother prior to the 90's...it just simply isnt the same.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This post is not about the damn country and the state it's in. Take that crap to the ATS side! No negative Nancy's here thanks.
Also hilarious that you wrote the post...then criticized reponses for not jumping on your love bandwagon...sorry...dont post stupid things about your love life "which honestly not a single person on here cares about" unless you are prepared for the responses you may get

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Also hilarious that you wrote the post...then criticized reponses for not jumping on your love bandwagon...sorry...dont post stupid things about your love life "which honestly not a single person on here cares about" unless you are prepared for the responses you may get

This is BTS the relationship forum, Which means I can post about any relationship that I want to, take your bitter feelings else where .

Someone really did you wrong didn't they? I'm sorry, not all are the same.
edit on 11/19/2015 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Just trying to prove a point that no young person can grasp....because they werent there. I have no way to relate to you how much people cared for eachother prior to the 90's...it just simply isnt the same.

That's your opinion. You don't know me or how I feel as a person.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

This is BTS the relationship forum. Which means I can post about any relationship that I want to, take your bitter feelings else where .

Someone really did you wrong didn't they? I'm sorry, not all are the same.
edit on 11/19/2015 by mblahnikluver because: what the hell is wrong with the quotes on here?!

edit on 11/19/2015 by mblahnikluver because: how many darn times do i have to edit this before it actually fixes it!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Congratulations! Love is a beautiful thing.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: intelligenthoodlum33
Congratulations! Love is a beautiful thing.

That is is! Love the avy btw

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Thanks! I think it's awesome that you didn't let your past keep you from trusting again.

Bad relationships are our lessons and we should treat them as such. I too have found the woman of my dreams. Waiting on her to come home now so I can give her a big hug!
edit on 11/19/2015 by intelligenthoodlum33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I am soooooo happy for you Mblah.
I have always been in your corner and wish the best for you.
Toss some of that luck my way.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: intelligenthoodlum33

Thanks! I think it's awesome that you didn't let your past keep you from trusting again.

Oh never! I am a hopeless romantic. I don't let any past relationship keep me from finding love. I learn from each experience and I honestly have nothing bad to say about my exes, well maybe two I wouldn't care if they disappeared lol Again lessons learned!

My bf now it was easier to trust him because I"ve known him for so long. It was new yet it wasn't. He knows all I have been through when it comes to relationships. Heck I was at his house crying on his sisters shoulder many times over a boyfriend and he was just as sweet as can be. I just feel comfortable around him.

Bad relationships are our lessons and we should treat them as such. I too have found the woman of my dreams. Waiting on her to come home now so I can give her a big hug!

I agree! They are lessons. My bf says he is basically a virgin when it comes to relationships and I think it's cute but I understand what he means. He hasn't experienced heartbreak and all the things I have and he won't have to with me. I would never hurt him. He's all I've ever wanted in a man.

I'm glad you found your happy ending too!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
I am soooooo happy for you Mblah.
I have always been in your corner and wish the best for you.
Toss some of that luck my way.

DRUMS!!!!! Thanks
Yea you know more than most on here my lovely relationship past! HA!

I shall toss some your way
Wait you want love luck? I"m shocked! hehe

top topics

<<   2 >>

join