It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if your wife was Sexually Assaulted by a Cop ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Nice, thank you.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I was on patrol when my wife called sobbing and crying whilst relaying what had happened.

My initial reaction was to find the officer and confront him but after notifying my controller (Dispatch) I was ordered back to a satellite Police station and in no uncertain terms ordered not to confront the other officer who was a member of my own shift. In fact, from that day forward I never saw that officer again.

As a law enforcement officer it is my personal responsibility to follow the law and correct procedure. Believe me, I wanted to cause severe harm to that person but that would have made me as bad as the violent people I had to arrest in my job.

I followed the correct channels as I watched my life and my wife fall apart around me, not to mention my career and my mental health. As I lost my family and my house during the divorce I spiralled into severe depression and everything associated with it. My Children and still are my world to me, even though they are now older.

I ask what others would do because now that I am retired (On Ill health grounds) I am no longer constrained by the rules of conduct within the job. I find myself visiting numerous scenarios of revenge in my thoughts and what I would do to revenge the situation, yet others in worse situations than mine choose the forgiveness route.

I still wonder if if I should mount a further complaint and see if anything has changed within the professional standards dept. (complaints dept) or should I take legal action despite this event occurring several years ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone
Wasn't this sort of explored in that movie where the guy has to watch a cop feeling up his missus during a traffic stop?

To your questions:

Call the Police and notify them a crime has occurred
Call the Police watchdog/Police commissioner and report the incident
Call the local newspaper and set up a meeting with a journalist

I would expect the police to protect their own as much as is possible

I don't know whether my response will be different after you elaborate but if I were a Cop: I would have enough problems without having a trainee rapist working along side me.

I tried all of the above Jukiodone apart from contacting the press which would probably have lead to my sacking.
When you complain about a fellow officer, all doors shut firmly in front of you.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: studio500

There are some things, as a man, you don't go to the cops to solve. Wait till he's out of uniform, without a dozen of his buddies to back him up and stomp his ass. If I were a member of my team, I would take him to her house, along with the rest of the squad to make sure they saw what a piece of sh** he is, he would apologize to the woman and I'd do everything in my power to make sure he loses his job.

What would you expect the Police to do?

Investigate, take the word of the officer over anyone else, even if he had a string of complaints of the same type and clear the officer of any wrong doing

Hi David, that's exactly what I now wish I had done.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It's a terrible thing to be haunted by decisions we have made that influenced the course of our lives. Do you believe this caused the end of your marriage ? What did she want you to do, go kick his azz ? It seems to me you did the right thing, especially being a cop yourself. It also seems you were let down by your commanding and fellow officers.

At this point you have nothing to lose by exposing the corruption you witnessed, in fact I would say it's your duty. You have the ability to give insight that is important to be made public, although you probably will risk retaliation. The officer that disrespected your wife is the one with NO loyality to his fellow officers and the CO's who allowed him to get off and keep his job are a disgrace....call them out and make them feel the heat from the public.

I hope you find Peace......

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: studio500
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

No, this is fact not fiction but no offence taken.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Opps!

are you sure your wife was innocent in all this? she let the officer in the house I'm assuming... why are you divorced now?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm a little bonkers
But personally it would involve a funnel, a mug of boiling fat and a smile

Extreme, maybe
But I'm kinda p***ed at the corruption of those that deem themselves authority .......I'm just sick of it and refuse to tolerate it any further
Hence why I'm trying like hell to get the away from the country I love and have fought for, because I can't sit idle and watch what's happening around me

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hey there, so a couple things.

It's hard to see it now because you are still reeling from the incident and the impact it had on your life.

It's strange how life works sometimes and I know I'm not in your shoes, however, it seems that sometimes we are destined to experience something else in life, perhaps greater, perhaps even horrid if only to be where we are needed when it really matters most. Often times we are to stubborn to see the queues for change so life has a way of doing it for us. Because you didn't react to those life queues the consequences of life doing it for you is unsavory, yet your whole future lays ahead.

Look at it this way, your wife was assaulted and because you tried to do the right thing, for whatever reason not disclosed in this thread, she left. At least you know the real her now and that may very well been the whole point. Wash you hands of the past and look forward.

Don't seek revenge, don't even waste time rocking the boat. It has absorbed too much of your life as it is. You said you have kids and they are your life...."older now", well your more mature children will respect you much more if you just let it go and rebuild your life. You want to see them happy and they want the same for you.

Another 6 years and you'll look back and thank them for it or you can sulk over a raw deal and look back 6 years from now wondering how you let it get this bad, while your children weep for you. Be smart. And most importantly, don't even dwell on the woulda shoulda's, it won't do you any good. You got a good life experience, use it.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm not married. I do know plenty of gals that would show him what the other end of it looks like, if you catch my drift.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

I'd be out around 300m going 'pew, pew'.

I may not get him on the first try, but I'm a tenacious SOB.

...or wait 6 months and burn his house down at 0200hrs...

You forgot the really fun part.
First you nail the doors and window shut; THEN you burn the house down.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I would not divulge just what I would do if "anyone" messed with any member of my family.
I will however admit that their begging to die may get a little old after a few months. Not saying I would let such a thing happen.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Hunt him.

Find him.

Kill him.

Bad form is bad enough, but for a person to dare to wear a badge of office, whilst carrying evil within themselves, marks them out as a target for elimination. Such a person is too dangerous to be allowed their liberty, and only termination would prevent such an individual using their rights to ensure they continue to have opportunities to prey on the weak.

No quarter.

taking someone's life is easy.
getting away with it is the tough part

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm not a law enforcement officer, so I'm not bound by rules of restraint beyond what God places upon me. In this scenario, I'd hope he would give me a pass, followed by forgiveness after payback is rendered.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I don't really want to come off as an ass but I'm going to.

How many lives did YOU ruin while on the force?

Karma and all that.......

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
That cop would be going down. He'd never survive that.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I would do nothing. I'm sure they had a reason.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Not exactly clear on the situation, sounds more like unwanted sexual advances. It sounds like he left when he was asked to do so. I would definitely contact his department, and if I ever got the luxury of a face to face, I would put the fear of God into him.

ETA: after seeing the rest of the story, I can only offer my condolences. I have my own personal issues with law enforcement, and there is a double standard that has no place in a position that should demand the highest level of integrity and transparency. You have to look to the honor you hold within yourself... hate the man, not the profession.

There are certain laws, husband's law or father's law, that override earthly laws, at least in my own mind. Sometimes the earthly consequences are worth toll for meeting out your own judgement on a soul, but be mindful that to preserve your honor you must accept the consequences, no matter how unjust they seem to you.
edit on 19-11-2015 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

What I witnessed officers doing during my service was outrageous and in many many cases unlawful.

I saw beatings, theft, racial harassment, and even a detective engaging in sexual acts with a minor.

Nothing new there my friend

I have been on the wrong end of beatings , theft and much harassment from the old bill , i have had 3 burly men stand on me while i was face down on a cell floor while hand cuffed behind my back doing nothing wrong in my eyes i just fell asleep wirh too much drink and too little sleep , another time i was thrown down a fire escape 20-30 feet onto plastic crates .

And i have lost count of the days i spent in the cells in my life and then come home to find my home searched and stuff gone

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join