It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for the causes of extremism before starting to fight it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
« To counteract the radicalisation we must go back to the situation such as the one in the Middle East of which not the least the Palestinians see that there is no future: we must either accept a desperate situation or resort to violence.» Swedish Foreign Minister Margot Wallström told television network SVT2T

When asked if she was worried about the radicalisation of young Swedes to join Daesh, Wallström said:
Obviously, we have reason to be worried, not just in Sweden but across the world — because there are so many that are being radicalised.

Here, once again, we are brought back to situations like the one in the Middle East, where not least, the Palestinians see that there is not a future. We must either accept a desperate situation or resort to violence.
source

I do accept and agree with the above position. It's true.

Instead of mobilizing bombs and more violance to the regions/countries/places that are exploited, opressed, sieged, bombed, robbed, not respected, deprived of justice and freedom... if we first don't to stop with the hypocrisy and corrupt system of abuse to other's rights, we can't really fight extremism.

Palestine, in my opinion, is one of the most important examples and causes of extremism in the world, because of the barbaric injustice they live for almost 70 years.

Hebron

edit on 19/11/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2

I'll skip your (terrorist) propaganda, and just respond to the question; What causes 'extremism'?

'Extremism' is not something that can be legislated or forced to end.
'Extremism' is a symptom of a 'belief infection'!

No one harms another (deliberately) unless he is infected with one strain of 'belief', or another!
No 'beliefs' = no 'extremism'.
You cannot 'legislate' against hosting a belief infection.
(Infection of the imagination, the ego!)
They can die, naturally, and are dieing in general, but no one logically 'chooses' to host a 'belief', they are caught' and 'spread'!
Symptomatically, 'beliefs' impair your cognitive and intellectual function, leading into insanity!
'Beliefs' must constantly be 'defended' (thus the violence) and 'validated/fed' (thus the blunting of intellect) and 'propagated' (spread) ("Let me tell you about Jesus!")!
These symptoms are consistent throughout the spectrum of strains.

So, how not to be infected?
Intellect, learning to think for oneself, critically, is a start.
Teaching the children from birth (rather than spreading 'beliefs') to NEVER 'believe' anything! Especially anything that they 'think' or 'feel' ('feelings' are thoughts is imagination is ego!)!
Learning this, having it demonstrated, in Love, will help immunize them from infection!
We all heal together, in unconditional Love!
Heal 'extremism' by finding and being unconditional Love!

edit on 19-11-2015 by namelesss because: They made me do it!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

One word for you: Justice.

Without Justice, we can't have Peace. Without Peace we can't have Love.

You will skipe my propaganda?
It wasn't my words, but I agree with them.
It was not question it's a Statement (declarative sentence that is true, IMO)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

I totally get what u r saying I am preparing a thread

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Without going into west policies or Israel is good or bad. It seems you say they are defending themselves of the west aggression?

To me their actions says this is not the case, actually all evidence says they would have done this even if America would have not know of the middle east existence and haven't drop a single bomb on them, you see, they are in a holy crusade to eradicate all that is not their limited view, they kill more of their own people (other Muslim or people of the region not sharing their views) than they kill westerners/Israelis.

So to blame their actions on TPTB actions is illogical, yes Israel is doing something awful in Palestine, yes USA dint have to invade and bomb what they bombed, but is that the cause of the extremist killing everything that is not like them? (for some reason in the case of ISIS ignoring Israel, the main aggressor in what you expose)

These people have a vision, they are not victims, they are greedy aggressors that want to impose their view over the world, much like USA. Power hungry bastards are the cause of extremism, it just happens other power hungry bastards bombed them too, if they had not been bomb first, something like ISIS with other name would still be killing innocents in the name of their view, it has been pretty much like this since the crusades.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Same perspective, reported by another source :

Sweden Connects Israel To Paris Terror Attacks, Relates Treatment Of Palestinians To Violent Extremism

And the Swedish update regarding that statement :

Sweden on 'high' terror alert for the first time

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I'm just pointing out, one of the most important causes of fundamentalism/extremism. Injustice! Hypocritical stances.

One exemple more, look at the media coverage about terrorist attacks, in beirute, nigeria, yemen, iraq.. etc nobody cares.. why? it's status quo that nobody really wants understand and solve..

Lot's of violations of international law and human rights, and still nobody cares... And more importan, lot's of these violations are perpetrated, directly or proxy, by the "most democratic" countries, defender's of human rights, freedom and justice for all.

World leaders really need to sit down, talk about the diferences and achive agreement's to stop: Injustice! Instead of blocking and promoting actions agaisnt justice.

Radicalism and extremism is boosting and it will continue to boost until another major war, I presume. It's time to have a diferent world politics to sort this out. It will not be with more bomb's and more wars. We need justice.

Assad must go? what is that? this not how we will achive peace...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Peace will not be achieve, your search of justice indicates you think everything happens because another act happened prior to that, and so making it a chain until the dawn of mankind and this is not true, power seeking individuals spawn from time to time and they start a movement using any excuse to kill others until they are in complete control.

Stop justifying extremist, if you think they are pushed by the west actions until they have no other choice than blew up a bunch of people, i invite you to read about a guy named gandhi to see if violence is the only choice

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke
I believe, Sweden and Germany, are the following target's of terror attacks. It's almost impossible to identify undercover terrorist's in the midle of refugees. If we can agree that the some of these act's are proxy's or have hidden agendas by undisclosed countries, certanly the two above are on the list. Remember obssesion of the refugees in going to germany and sweden?

It's also important to notice, the Europeans, shouldn't, by anymean, be afraid of doing what is rigth: Suport and help those who need against all kind threats, real, fictional, undercover or in plain sight.

Fear is the weapon of the weak and cowards. In time, we will trace it to their root and end it.

It's really important not to be afraid of this agenda. Instead we have to demand Real justice for all.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Identifing a cause it's not justifing it!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

double post. excuse me.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

One word for you: Justice.

Without Justice, we can't have Peace. Without Peace we can't have Love.

Please, clearly define what you mean by 'justice'.
The way that most use it, it can be interchanged with 'revenge'.
Surely you cannot support such an uncivilized/unLoving notion as 'revenge', so...
How do 'you' mean it?

And I answered your question about 'extremism' very nicely, which you manage to ignore... Whatever...

And no Love without 'peace'?
(Unconditional) Love doesn't have anything to do with 'peace'.
Or 'justice!
Love does not 'judge'.

edit on 19-11-2015 by namelesss because: because there was just no other way!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Those interested in this topic should read this.

Bottom line demographics of Isis recruits: The average age of all the prisoners in Iraq when I was here was 27; they were married; they had two children; had got to sixth to eighth grade. He has exactly the same profile as 80 percent of the prisoners then…and his number-one complaint about the security and against all American forces was the exact same complaint from every single detainee.”

More pertinent than Islamic theology is that there are other, much more convincing, explanations as to why they’ve fought for the side they did.

“The Americans came,” he said. “They took away Saddam, but they also took away our security. I didn’t like Saddam, we were starving then, but at least we didn’t have war. When you came here, the civil war started.”

Source:
www.thenation.com...

edit on 19-11-2015 by tombaccei because: Forgot important point

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

USA school shooters, Norwegian Breivik shooter, Paris shooters, are all angry young people without a future. There is nothing we can do about it, almost half of the world's population are young people, they can't all have a future. More anger is to come.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: tombaccei
Those interested in this topic should read this.

“The Americans came,” he said. “They took away Saddam, but they also took away our security. I didn’t like Saddam, we were starving then, but at least we didn’t have war. When you came here, the civil war started.”

Source:
www.thenation.com...

Is this comedy hour or what? Didn't have war......yea ya did. He was "security"......yes he was always there with a boot for you to lick.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Why, it's too bad you are not there to convince these people of the power of your position. You can disagree, but until you get THEM to share your wisdom you will constantly be the gorilla in the room. Obviously this is not a simple "military" war, which would suit you fine. It is a cultural and political war, and unless and until you take the time to understand the psychology of Isis and it's recruits, the insanity will continue.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

There's lot's of definition for justice. It's not about revenge in this matter.

Justice, should be aplied in terms of international law, human rights and the demand/implementation from/to every nation, by actions not by words :
«-the quality of being just; righteousness, equitableness, or moral rightness »
«-rightfulness or lawfulness, as of a claim or title; justness of ground or reason »
«-conformity to this principle, as manifested in conduct; just conduct, dealing, or treatment. »
(..)

source and another source

In this matter justice it's not about judging, it's about fairness, equal treatment and rights to all.

Real love can only be implemented by those who are at peace, inside. Of course this is subjective and personal view.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This thread is called "Search for the causes of extremism before starting to fight it" when in fact you should have call it "I've been told what is the cause of extremism by the great western politicians and now I see the light".
Excuse my irony, I'll show you in a minute what I mean.

So if we're at it, let's search for the cause of extremism in a logical, impartial way.
First of all let's see WHERE is it.

link here
Here is the same data on the map for a more visual access from Verisk Maplecroft

The data was published before the last incident in France.
Compare the incidents and casualties.

And here is the Wikipedia; there is no shortage of sources and data.

I hope it's quite obvious by now how little Israel, Palestine or the western world's injustices have to do with these places. It seems like they just enjoy to blow themselves out for the fun of it.
Or....
If is not for the fun of it than maybe is because of poverty, ignorance, lack of education and a culture of violence. Maybe I could add without risking too much that a primitive and intolerant religion may be a contributing factor.

I don't deny that we have our share of crazy people in west too, but there are amateurs and there are professionals.
So if is obvious that the extremism is somehow prevalent in a specific part of the world among societies with a specific ideology/religion maybe we can take a deep breath; is not us who started the madness. We just roll with it.

I won't get into who's against who over there, who is right and who is wrong, who read the wrong verse of the book and so on. But I have to ask: what is so wrong with letting them doing their thing and us doing ours? Why we need their problems too, don't we have enough of our own?

It's also important to notice, the Europeans, shouldn't, by anymean, be afraid of doing what is rigth: Suport and help those who need against all kind threats, real, fictional, undercover or in plain sight.

You mean keep bringing those ideologies/religion in Europe. This is the right thing to do in Margot Wallström's opinion, now your opinion. Maybe she thinks that the rapes problem in her country is also Israel's fault, this why instead of solving it they forbidden by law to complain about muslims. Talk about justice.

Or maybe they want a place of honor on that map too.

I believe, Sweden and Germany, are the following target's of terror attacks. It's almost impossible to identify undercover terrorist's in the midle of refugees.

I believe the whole Europe will be a the target of this craziness if the politicians will keep blaming everything and everyone except the huge elephant in their living room.
And we'll be here at the next attack to "search" again for the cause of it.

edit on 19-11-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

Your "neat" numbers have also a cause. Who is promoting/instagating the violence? I will give just one of the main actors:

“Greater Israel”: The Zionist Plan for the Middle East

Israel stakes claim to Golan after oil find

Of course there is many, many more... just for this "actor" by proxy or direct actions!

Also we have more instigators, that need to:
- Stop Overthrowing the Moderates and Arming the Crazies;
- Stop Supporting the Dictators Who Fund Terrorists;
- Stop Bombing and Invading When a Negotiated Settlement Is Offered;
- Stop Imperial Conquests for Arab Oil;
- Stop Drone Assassinations of Innocent Civilians
- Stop Torture
source

refresh your memory here:

now maybe you can start to see the light for "your" "neat" numbers.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
causes for extremism...

Near 60 seconds of direct kicks and punches to head and upper body of a prone, cuffed 15 year old.

Jerusalem Post

What happens to a cop who beats up a handcuffed 15 year old

Imagine if there was no footage from this... Everyday treatment to defenseless people. Shameful and savage.

In the end what they expect? flowers? Certanly hanger and hate is spread like fire, for the childrean, palestinians and others around the world ... unjustice like this must stop

It's not right and it's no fair. The abuser walks way free as a bird!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join