It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Storms The World Stage And Rips Republicans For Being Afraid Of The Media and Orphans

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Oh absolutely! There's corruption entrenched so deep in Congress it's not even funny. I thnk half these people are truly scared and the other half are just greedy and most of the time it's hard to tell who's who's...who's real and who's just trying to scare us so they can continue to do the bidding of they MIC masters and get rich to boot.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: ~Lucidity

No offense but yes unarmed Christians and other religious minorities are the TRUE REFUGEES. They get killed by both sides and can't even fight back with no militia or army like the Kurds. Any sane person would see they are the highest "at risk,displaced" population in the conflict. It's sad that you can't see that. BTW, I felt the same way with the Muslims in the Balkans. You protect those who are most vunerable.

Dude, they don't even want them...per The Donald already. He's ON it.

Real estate mogul and 2016 Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump raised concerns Wednesday about the U.S. accepting Christian refugees from Syria, charging that their faith could be hard to prove.

"I don't know if you can prove that they're Christian," said Trump at a press conference in Worcester, Massachusetts, according to CNN.

"You have to prove it. How are they proving it?" Trump asked. "I have a real concern that the people who are coming into this country are coming in, some for very bad purposes." [Source]< br />
These politicians and the media will say anything for 1.) attention and 2.) to manipulate.

It's a serious illness we need to cure.

edit on 11/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
But, back to the topic ...

It's not like the government has never allowed in terrorists posing as regees before.

ABC News of all media outlets has a story in this in 2013 it seems and, yes, that vaunted vetting process didn't work when we were busy resettling Iraqi refugees.

But don’t worry — they weren’t widows and orphans. Barack Obama spent the last two days belittling concerns over the efficacy of screening in US refugee programs, but he seemed to forget that his administration has dropped the ball on this issue before. ABC News reminds viewers of their 2013 investigation that revealed that dozens of refugees admitted from Iraq and Afghanistan had suspected ties to terrorism. Two admitted in 2009 turned out to be al-Qaeda terrorists, who were only discovered after they tried to acquire heavy weapons while living in Kentucky:

Now this particular link goes to a conservative blog post, but it has links to the story in question from ABC.

Oh, and And here's the ABC story.

"We need to take this as a case study and draw the right lessons from it, and not just high-five over this," said retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Barbero, who headed the military's Joint IED Defeat Organization until May 2012. "How did a person who we detained in Iraq -- linked to an IED attack, we had his fingerprints in our government system -- how did he walk into America in 2009?"

This is an illustration of the issue most of us who object have. This person along with the dozens of others who got in who have suspected ties were in the system before they applied and came for one reason or another. They should have been flagged and disallowed ... and yet, they were given status because somehow, that red flag never popped up.

The problem is that it doesn't take very many of these "problems" before you have another Paris-style attack. So what improvements beyond rhetoric have they made? It's their case to make as the ones who are sworn to uphold the defense clause, and like a typical Internet troll, what we get from the president is ad hominem attacks which is less than re-assuring. It's actually more of a signal of weakness.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Fantastic. Investigate independents, too. They don't represent me, I am independent. Investigate away! We aren't a party.

Independent - like an emancipated minor? :-)

It's not a party - true enough. It's still part of the partisan game though - pretend whatever you want

My original position was that we're all in this together. Independent - and willing to play nice with others. Yeah - I know - kumbaya...

As I mentioned earlier - I had to have a little come to Jesus meeting with myself

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
www.paulcraigroberts.org... believeable is it that Muslim terrorists take their ire out on innocents when the President of France himself, who has sent military forces to murder Muslims, was sitting in the attacked stadium and could easily have been eliminated by a suicide bomber?

Their homeland, under full military assault, able to process all these millions of passports?
a media well paid to lie for Washington’s crimes

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
they all come in looking like deprived special needs families but once in they take over buy guns then attack. It is ISIS's way to take over the world via our own immigration programs then bam! Sharia law for everyone or death tot he infidel.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Obama is a lackwit so his opinions carry little if any weight on any issue. Let him throw his tantrum and he can flail on the Oval Office floor and kick and scream and hold his breath all he wants. Just ignore him.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Don't get me wrong. We should take in some refugees. We just need to make very sure we are letting the "right" people in. Yes, I plan to be selective. I have no desire to let those in who don't want to join us and become Americans and support the beliefs enshrined in our Founding documents. I have no need for for those who don't to do that to be honest. I only want people who want to join with us. And yes,before you ask, Muslims can be some of those people.
edit on 19-11-2015 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
People hate the country that’s just terrorizing them. That’s not a surprise. Just consider the way we react to acts of terror.
That’s the way other people react to [American] acts of terror.
The Obama administration is dedicated to increasing terrorism. In fact, it’s doing it all over the world. Obama is running the biggest terrorist operation that exists, maybe in history: the drone assassination campaigns, which are just part of it […] All of these operations, they are terror operations.
Because the United States itself has a long record of supporting terrorists and using terrorist tactics, the slogans of today’s war on terrorism merely makes the United States look hypocritical to the rest of the world.

To all sheeply individuals out there my word for today .........Karma we are going to get one hell of a taste of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Fantastic. Investigate independents, too. They don't represent me, I am independent. Investigate away! We aren't a party.

Independent - like an emancipated minor? :-)

It's not a party - true enough. It's still part of the partisan game though - pretend whatever you want

My original position was that we're all in this together. Independent - and willing to play nice with others. Yeah - I know - kumbaya...

As I mentioned earlier - I had to have a little come to Jesus meeting with myself

Don't drag me into your crappy partisan pissing match. i left the DNC in 2008 and will never look back.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Obama’s Overlooked Challenge to Muslims

The president has a more realistic and tragic understanding of the dysfunctions afflicting Islam than his critics acknowledge.

Now, what is also true is, is that the most vicious terrorist organizations at the moment are ones that claim to be speaking on behalf of true Muslims. And I do think that Muslims around the world—religious leaders, political leaders, ordinary people—have to ask very serious questions about how did these extremist ideologies take root, even if it’s only affecting a very small fraction of the population. It is real and it is dangerous. And it has built up over time, and with social media it has now accelerated.

And so I think, on the one hand, non-Muslims cannot stereotype, but I also think the Muslim community has to think about how we make sure that children are not being infected with this twisted notion that somehow they can kill innocent people and that that is justified by religion. And to some degree, that is something that has to come from within the Muslim community itself. And I think there have been times where there has not been enough pushback against extremism. There’s been pushback—there are some who say, well, we don’t believe in violence, but are not as willing to challenge some of the extremist thoughts or rationales for why Muslims feel oppressed. And I think those ideas have to be challenged.

Yeah. Go for it.

ISIS Assumes We’re Stupid — And Our Useful Idiots Keep Proving It

The Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, or ISIS, is pursuing a strategy explicitly designed to provoke hostility toward innocent Muslims in Western society in order to radicalize these communities and recruit them to their cause. Listening to the American political debate in the wake of the tragic terrorist attacks in Paris, that strategy may be working. Islamophobic rants are both morally offensive and factually inaccurate and play right into the hands of our terrorist enemies.

ISIS is not hiding its objectives. In its publications, it talks of forcing the world into two camps by “destroy[ing] the grayzone” between itself and the forces aligned against it. For ISIS, the grayzone is inhabited by those who have yet to commit to one side in its clash of civilizations. In the February edition of its official magazine Dabiq, an ISIS writer outlined a plan to compel “the crusaders [the West] to actively destroy the grayzone themselves” by generating anti-Muslim hysteria in the wake of terrorism. Attacks such as those in Paris are designed to get Western governments to alienate their Muslim populations and push them toward ISIS….

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Don't drag me into your crappy partisan pissing match. i left the DNC in 2008 and will never look back.

Twasn't dragging nobody nowheres

Maybe this has been our problem all along - you don't listen

:-)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I cannot think of a more potent recruitment tool for ISIL than some of the rhetoric coming out of here in the course of this debate. ISIL seeks to exploit the idea that there’s war between Islam and the West, and when you start seeing individuals in positions of responsibility suggesting Christians are more worthy of protection than Muslims are in a war-torn land that feeds the ISIL narrative. It’s counter productive. And it needs to stop. And I would add these are the same folks who suggested they’re so tough that just talk to Putin or staring down ISIL (will work) .. but they’re scared of widows and orphans coming into the United States of America as part of our tradition of compassion. First they were worried the press was too tough on them in the debates; now they’re worried about 3-year old orphans. That doesn’t sound very tough to me.

Obama is a MORON.

Simply Breathing.

Simply being an American.

Simply being a Frenchman.

Simply being English.

Simply being a Westerner that doesn't worship ALLAH is a recruitment tool for ISIL.

How about ISIL stop waging war all across the entire middle east, and northern African to Europe, and stop making 'refugees'.

ISIL cuts children in half.

ISIL RAPES women.

And the list goes on.

Way to go Obama!

And use one of the most asinine reason to push open borders.

As if the death trains from South, and Central America wasn't enough.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's not like the government has never allowed in terrorists posing as regees before.

That's right.

The Tsnarev brothers.

Is a prime example.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
On another note.

Since when has Obama not like ISIL ?

He's been arming them for YEARS.

Which leads me to believe the entire refugee 'crisis' makes Iran/Contra look pale in comparison.

Arms for voters. Which is why he is demagoguing the right.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
On another note.

Which leads me to believe the entire refugee 'crisis' makes Iran/Contra look pale in comparison.

Refugees can't vote.

Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: neo96
On another note.

Refugees can't vote.

Problem solved.

Unless they live in a state where you don't have to show an ID to vote........................................

Because that is unreasonable to try to identify a voter.

It discriminates against minorities.... and refugees coincidentally.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Sorry for the untimely reply...

My point is that this area has been at war with itself for thousands of years. A few decades' worth of western meddling means nothing in the big picture of its self-induced war perpetuity.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join