It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Storms The World Stage And Rips Republicans For Being Afraid Of The Media and Orphans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So we should be scared because something MIGHT happen? That sounds like the same, exact rhetoric that got the Patriot Act passed.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I believe the widows and orphans and elderly should be moved to the front of the line, problem is Obama is being disingenuous and using this to get his ISIS brothers into America.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I believe the widows and orphans and elderly should be moved to the front of the line, problem is Obama is being disingenuous and using this to get his ISIS brothers into America.

Trolling Stormdancer? I seriously hope you are - because otherwise...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So we should be scared because something MIGHT happen? That sounds like the same, exact rhetoric that got the Patriot Act passed.

Violating the constitution is wholly different to keeping military aged men from notoriously extremist areas from entering the country, thats not even close to apples to apples

You can refute that assertion all you want, but we all have seen the videos and reports

Ignoring this is folly, and Obamas "poor children and widows" is a low level emotional gut reaction lie designed to do the exact thing you are accusing the right of.

You're advocating throwing caution and logic to the wind in favor of a base emotional reAction that isn't even accurate, when all evidence for over 6 months now all over the world flies in the face of it.

And then calling those who would rather take pause and weigh this out, as bigoted and heartless

What I find more heartless is further putting our nation and its people at risk by importing people with a significantly higher than normal potential to be extremist by the 10s of thousands
edit on 11/19/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

That’s how you defeat ISIL, not by trying to divide the country

So than why is Obama trying to divide the country with all this angry speachifying?

Don't get me wrong I agree with his over all position that we should step up and help refugees and not be intimidated by terrorists.

How ever it isn't the goal of the terrorists to stop us from helping refugees; their goal is to make us fight amongst our selves giving them room to grow.

And all I see from Obama, the GOP and the good people at ATS are angry viseral verbal attacks on each other because they don't all agree 100% with each other ... the terrorists ate getting exactly what they want and where giving it to them.

This is not at all a good speach from Obama; and its a shame too ... he is such a good oriter that he could bring people together ... instead he's chosen to push people apart.

edit on 19-11-2015 by ButsDuge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Let's not forget that ISIS also stated their goal was to get its combatants Into the US and European countries they stated PUBLICLY that they would utilize the refugee crisis as an avenue.

Which means they're putting innocent Muslims in need on the front line. This is a humanitarian effort that so many want to end in an attempt to protect us from terrorism

They're going to get in one way or another

Honduras detains Syrians bound for U.S. with doctored Greek passports

Even this article makes it clear they can't prove that these aren't just more refugees

If we deny aid to people that genuinely and desperately need it - it won't make us any safer

Long term - rejecting refugees will only make things worse

edit on 11/19/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone
a reply to: MotherMayEye

ISIS is main tool for gathering followers is telling other Muslims the other side hates them.

And then the other side helps them out by reaffirming that sentiment, so I that makes them a tool for ISIS.

I wonder how that side feels about being a part of a group they despise so much..

I know how I feel about it, but I cannot speak for Obama supporters. I resent Obama's public sentiment of hate to Syrian "widows and orphans," which he created by reframing the legitimate, unhateful sentiment of people who just share the same fears of the same terrorist network and do not put it past them to exploit the refugee crisis for the purpose of bringing terrorist attacks to other nations.

I don't hate widows, orphans, or Muslims. I hate terrorist networks that are not above exploiting any opportunity to bring terrorist attacks to people around the globe.

Obama's distorted, vulgar message of hate just goes to show how willing he is to help ISIS recruit.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Violating the constitution is wholly different to keeping military aged men from notoriously extremist areas from entering the country is not even close to apples to apples

You can refute that assertion all you want, but we all have seen the videos and reports

We have? Which reports are these? I've seen TONS of right wing media talking heads say these things, but very few reports confirming anything.

Ignoring this is folly, and Obamas "poor children and widows" is a low level emotional gut reaction lie designed to do the exact thing you are accusing the right of.

You're advocating throwing caution and logic to the wind in favor of a base emotional reAction that isn't even accurate, when all evidence for over 6 months now all over the world flies in the face of it.

Caution and logic to the wind? But your camp hasn't presented any evidence that your rhetoric is even possibly true. Your logic can be summed up as you have a feeling that it is true therefore we must be afraid.

And then calling those who would rather take pause and weigh this out, as bigoted and heartless

Maybe because you don't have any objective evidence backing anything you are saying up?

What I find more heartless is further putting our nation and its people at risk by importing people with a significantly higher than normal potential to be extremist by the 10s of thousands

Significantly higher than normal potential to be extremist by the 10's of thousands? See that is PURE emotional and unsubstantiated rhetoric right there. You are a hypocrite plain and simple.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Oh, Jesus.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

"Getting in one way or another"

Is not a valid excuse to import them whole sale.

The same UN People are saying is vetting these people is the same UN that says the vast majority of these people are military aged men, again we have all seen the reports and videos

All logic has been abandoned

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Oh, Jesus.

When the futility and idiocy of your position suddenly occurs to you - you might as well go for broke I guess

:-)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You might want to check the UN sources then instead of taking anointed Obamas word for it

It's really not that difficult

It seems like those advocating we take these refugees are , not surprisingly, severely lacking in the facts and information surrounding the crisis

I have no objective sources? Lol obviously you have done NO research

I would hardly call the UN right leaning

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

...we have all seen the reports and videos...

Such as they are

All logic has been abandoned

Apparently

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

You might want to check the UN sources then instead of taking anointed Obamas word for it

You're making the claims. Post the sources.

It's really not that difficult

It sure isn't difficult to source your own words instead of being lazy and making the person you are talking to do it for you. So hop to it.

It seems like those advocating we take these refugees are , not surprisingly, severely lacking in the facts and information surrounding the crisis

I have no objective sources? Lol obviously you have done NO research

Apparently not. So post them.

I would hardly call the UN right leaning

*scans post* I don't see any links in your post from the UN...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

1. I'm at work on my phone so It's a little difficult for me to post the links because on my iPhone it kicks me out when I try to post .

2. If you had any interest of objectivity at all, a simple 3 min Google search could provide that information , as well as any number of videos on the refugee crisis posted w in the last 6 months

You're simply being obtuse, the fact that there is no link in my post does not negate facts and surely doesn't confirm your assertions

But there again u know that

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
This is a humanitarian effort that so many want to end in an attempt to protect us from terrorism

I don't believe it for one second. The number of civilian deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan prove that this president (and the last one) are not concerned with the safety of innocent civilians when it comes to the War on Terror.

There are other motives. Obama's partisan, reckless words in the OP underscore that fact.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
This is a humanitarian effort that so many want to end in an attempt to protect us from terrorism

I don't believe it for one second. The number of civilian deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan prove that this president (and the last one) are not concerned with the safety of innocent civilians when it comes to the War on Terror.

There are other motives. Obama's partisan, reckless words in the OP underscore that fact.

And more than that, he's not concerned w the safety of his own countrymen, which should be top priority

But then again we know that

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I like how he said we shouldn't fear the widows and orphans refugees. Ya, don't fear the women at all. Wasn't it a woman suicide bomber who detonated herself during yesterday's raid in France?
edit on 11jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I've never actually taken a stance on the refugee issue, but I'd like to give my opinion, if I may.

If we look at this logically, we have to ask ourselves if there is some risk in allowing refugees in to this country. I believe there is. Does the risk of having a car accident stop us from driving? Does the risk of drowning stop us from taking the kids to the beach?

No. I think not. There are risks in almost any decision we make. But is that risk so great that it will stop us from doing what is right?

That is where I think the Right is misguided on this issue. They claim to be the party of Jesus, the party of morals, but when confronted with a tough situation they cower in fear at the risk and never think that we should do this because it is the right thing to do.

Yes, it's the right thing to do.

I know very well that what I post here will not change anyone's beliefs, but at least I can point out the hypocrisy of the Right and ask them to Man-Up. I've been saying that quite a bit lately and I get tired of having to tell Right-Wingers to stop acting like a bunch of hypocritical pansies, grow a pair of balls and do what it takes to do the right thing.
edit on 19-11-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I was just about to reply to another poster - but decided to reread the OP first

Obama is a complicated man. What I'm about to say will no doubt catch me a lot of flak :-)

He is complicated. It's what you might want or expect from a politician - but not what we get very often. Not often enough. Saints preserve us - and keep us from simple leaders

No politician lives up to his promise - it's not possible. Obama has seriously disappointed me more than a few times - but not always - and sometimes he really impresses me. I wish I could sit down with him, have a few beers and get him to open up about a few things - explain a few decisions. Although, being president (and this goes for right or left leaning presidents) I imagine there are scenarios they have to deal with that we the voters can't possibly imagine

Whatever - all I can say is I wish this president Obama we're seeing lately woulda shown up a little earlier. But on the other hand - it may have taken him almost all of 8 years to finally get to the fudge it all place he seems to be in now

He's made me feel especially proud of him the past few days - love what he said in the OP

S&F while I'm here

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join