It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Storms The World Stage And Rips Republicans For Being Afraid Of The Media and Orphans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure
Plus the fact that these people are trying to shame people for being afraid.

They would be a great addition to a school to administer an anti-bullying program. They are being bullies themselves.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Personally I never cheer when the military goes into cities that are not an (yes its a stupid word deal with it) official war zone... its means the entire system, the budget for the police, any intel agency, everything citizens pay taxes for failed..

If Martial law has to be declared the govt failed from the top to the local mayor... thats never anything to cheer.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yep because what that does is make the whole world a war zone. Which it now pretty much is, with a couple of large, notable exceptions.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Funny, because I think the exact same thing about Republicans. I feel like when Republicans talk about democrats they create a fictional straw man knee jerk liberal doofus that they argue against and ignore the majority of Democrats who have educated nuanced views. Maybe you feel the same way as a Republican? That liberals automatically assume an uneducated knee jerk zenophobic hick?

Of course, for me the Republicans have too many who want something approaching a US theocracy. Also too many who say things like nuke the whole ME etc.

Democrats can be too utopian, but tend to understand that we live in a global community and should not say f%%% everyone else a bit more. Thus they also tend to have more of an understanding of history beyond just the last 200 years of this country. IMHO
edit on 19-11-2015 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Kettle, meet super massive singularity.

Since when does America have a “tradition of compassion?” Where was that tradition in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Vietnam, etc. etc. etc. Where was that tradition in Ruby Ridge, Waco, Ferguson, Baltimore, etc. etc. etc. Where is that tradition as we support the wholesale genocide of Palestinians?

Who’s “tradition of compassion” created all of these Syrian widows and orphans to begin with? Who has been playing on fear and hate to score political points? Here’s a hint: is anybody going to vote for Hilary Clinton because they like her, her policies, or her record? Or are they going to vote for her because they are told they should hate someone else more?

Every election cycle the Republicans, Democrats, and media look to divide us using hate and fear. This group is waging a “war against women.” That group is waging a “war against Christians.” Anyone who actually tries to unite Americans towards common causes we all share is marginalized, slandered, and just a plain old “unelectable crackpot.”

No, Mr. Obama, the fear mongering and hatred will continue with full support from both sides of the aisle and the media. Because if we stopped hating each other for even a short time, we might look around and see who our real enemies are.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Here is the problem with the fear rhetoric. It's all circular in nature and it all feeds into itself as proof that they are right? Obama yelling at them to man up? Well Obama is a Muslim remember? Someone on the internet telling them they are being xenophobic? Well that person is just an Obama-bot, progressive, liberal, all of the above, or the absolute best insult shill. Then they yell that moderate Muslims aren't speaking out; but show them examples of that very thing and suddenly whatever they are doing isn't going to stop terrorism so who cares?

Even the ridiculous premise that most of the refugees are men of fighting age isn't immune to this. First off, there isn't definitive proof one way or the other this is true, but that doesn't stop them repeating it like it is true. Though on top of that, men are scared of warfare and death too. Not every moderate Muslim is Rambo.

None of it makes sense when thought about rationally, but that is fear for you. That is paranoia. Conspiracy theory has gone mainstream.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I didn't miss the point. It was quite clear and hard to miss - it was trolling and gloating. By the President and by you when you call the GOP sniveling little cowards. And the "tit for tat" mentality you were relishing. Yet then you went on to lament that it's all so unproductive. Okay...right, so stop.

Name calling is for bullies. Shaming is for bullies.

As to your other point, sure others might choose to air dirty laundry but I can't really think of an actual U.S. official who has done so, it's usually left to smack-talking candidates for public office. But, more typically and appropriately, American Presidents present a united front on the world stage as they are supposed to be the President of all citizens.

Ultimately, it's all just semantics. The left says not taking refugees is cowardly. The right says it's caution. Who's right?

If we go by our closest allies in Europe and the state of chaos there since the summer and which has had 20 years of unchecked immigration out of the ME and Africa - a bit of caution seems warranted. If you think about it, the argument could be made that Central or South America is more stable than Europe for the first time ever. Think about that, that's fairly stark.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

I don't like any of them. For the record. In this I found humor.

ETA: Ironic humor.And something that helps complete the view from all perspectives, which I do believe is critical.
edit on 11/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
If we go by our closest allies in Europe and the state of chaos there since the summer and which has had 20 years of unchecked immigration out of the ME and Africa - a bit of caution seems warranted. If you think about it, the argument could be made that Central or South America is more stable than Europe for the first time ever. Think about that, that's fairly stark.

WHAT?! Did you really just say this? Are you aware of how cartel activities go down there? You DO know that the cartels are FAR more violent than ISIS could ever hope to be right? Here is a thread you should read:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's some current events:
As Drug Kingpins Fall in Mexico, Cartels Fracture and Violence Surges
Rise In Criminal Violence In Mexico City May Be Linked To Drug Cartels
Mexico's drug war is getting even worse
Cartel Violence Spirals Out of Control in Acapulco Turf War

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Nope, I don't care about France.

It's unfortunate for them that the attack happened, but it's their problem not mine. We have enough problems in the US to worry about.

We can learn from it, and study what worked and what didn't. But terrible things happen all over the world every day. Maybe I'm just jaded but jihadist attacks don't elicit a reaction from me. They're expected, just clean up and move on.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Of course this is the right way, but there are a large amount of stupid, ignorant people now running to alternative news community, because of the latest events on the globe. These fascist idiots, before very active on stormfront etc., are now here and publish they ideas. I live in germany, especially here many germans are so highly brainwashed, when the media says "now we attack isis" 80% will think this will destroy them and we live in peace. These idiots don't get that EUROPEANS, they own people, are high involved in criminal activities in this world.

You can't change them with positive and good threads, we need a new war where these idiots can go and fight as soldiers and die for they "vaterland".

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes, I said it - an argument could be made and it would be an interesting debate. As for your links, Mexico is more heavily tied to the U.S. than CA or SA, for instance mass immigration (legal and illegal), trade deals, profiteering by U.S companies, our War on Drugs, the ATF gun scandal Let's revisit Mexico and the Southwest in 20 years and it may well resemble parts of the ME.

But I was simply using the Americas as a compare/contrast to Europe, not to get the thread off topic and not to give you something to be indignant about.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I get indigent because I think that the drug violence in Mexico is FAR more serious and pressing of a threat than ISIS ever was or will be. Then someone who clearly doesn't know what's up says that Mexico isn't that bad.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Oh God. Obama is such a joke. The rest of the world is laughing at him and the USA. The only people who pay attention to him are his left wing media cronies and those who are so brainwashed they never even consider anything other than the Democratic victim mindset.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

You do realize that most of the 1st world is more liberal than Obama is right? So according to your logic (since only liberals listen to Obama), all the 1st world takes Obama seriously while the third world and Putin think he is a joke.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I get indigent because I think that the drug violence in Mexico is FAR more serious and pressing of a threat than ISIS ever was or will be. Then someone who clearly doesn't know what's up says that Mexico isn't that bad.
absolutely. And therein lies the proof if the power of the manipulation.
edit on 11/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You are so angry because you don't like the original argument I made in this thead, that you are not grasping what I am saying. Nowhere did I say Mexico wasn't bad, it is. I was simply excluding it from my characterization as part of Central America as it it so closely and inextricably tied with the U.S. and because many of its problems stem from us. Can we get back on track now? The op would likely rather that.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

So this is how we fight terrorism in 2015. Harsh language towards your own countrymen. Maybe Obama should draw a red line for the republicans.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

You can't just re characterize Central America just because a region of it (quite a large one at that) is inconvenient from the narrative you are trying to push.

PS. You are still wrong:
Latin America leads world on murder map, but key cities buck deadly trend
Why are the World’s Most Violent Cities in Latin America?
edit on 19-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
...now they’re worried about 3-year old orphans. That doesn’t sound very tough to me.

This is all very rich from a man who supports TSA pat-downs of 2 and 3 year olds stating, "...at this point, TSA in consultation with counterterrorism experts have indicated to me that the procedures that they have been putting in place are the only ones right now that they consider to be effective against the kind of threat that we saw in the Christmas Day bombing."

So, he can be worried about 3-year olds traveling from their homes in the U.S. to Disneyland but then reframe legitimate non-partisan concerns -- largely isolated to men between 18-40 and centered on the failures of the federal government he runs -- by claiming they come from 'republicans.'

I cannot stand the hypocritical, divisive partisan garbage that comes out of his mouth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join