It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm 28 years old, I've never had a girlfriend or kissed anyone ever

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: anobody

I will tell you what my experience has been. The minute you stop looking for someone, that's usually when you find someone. There is something about the act of searching, maybe it appears like neediness or desperation, that turns women off sometimes. The minute you calm down and tell yourself you don't care anymore, your level of attractiveness goes up. Of course you still have to put yourself in environments and situations where you can meet someone, but don't let on like you are looking. The "I don't really care" attitude shows independance and self confidence.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon + Tech

Go in a park with a doggie people don't stop chatting u up .. Toss a ball to the 'pupp' he likes

Kids and puppies are chick magnets.. hold up I ll get bombarded to not speak on behalf of the felines ..

Cosmopolitan and all the chick articles (
) say if u want to meet a man get a dog or hit the gym.. Mmm spa sauna why not.. It's like so hot in here

edit on 19-11-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Yeah, I guess I should've told him to get a hooker.

Nah. You should have told him you are an inconsiderate douche.
Doesn't matter though. We've already established that.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Wow thanks for the support guys!!! Don't know what to say....I guess I'll explain a bit further.

If I like someone, I have fear of being made fun of for being with that person. Or somebody making fun of that person for being with me. That's why I can't get out of paranoia. Yes, I still feel like I'm in middle school or high school I suppose. I've been bullied, but I try not to be a victim regardless.

Maybe it's not worth it to be in a relationship, maybe it isn't what I need but I question my sanity sometimes.

Yes my biggest challenge is confidence I suppose, I just don't know when it's right time. Whether it isn't.

I'm afraid the girl might like someone else better than me. I'm afraid I may be not good enough. I'm afraid the relationship might not last that long.

However, I have had few potentials from online dating, there were a few:

Girl 1
She's a very affectionate woman like she says. She says she's attracted to me, but I'm not very much attracted to her. To be honest, if she had lost some weight then I probably would be attracted to her back. She gives me lots of compliments non-stop. I don't give much to her. However, we remain friends to this day.

Girl 2
It didn't really work out between us, I still kinda feel bad about that. She seemed to be a rude type, but yeah I realized our conversation was awkward at times and was going nowhere, so I unfriended her from Facebook. Later I realized she blocked me (which is weird, I didn't do anything to receive the blocking. That must have upset her hard that I've unfriended her. Oh well, life goes on)

Girl 3
I almost thought she was the one for me but long distance didn't work, so I realized she actually wasn't into me so I unfriended her from Facebook.

Girl 4 (current)
She's older than me, comes from another country and has 2 kids. I'm not sure if this is worth it but I think she does like me. Seems to be a very busy woman with school (I go to school as well). We text each other occasionally and all is well so far.

On another note, I'm not sure if anyone likes me in my college I go to, or wanting a relationship because I seem to always turn my head away from eye contacts from girls. One thing I can say for sure is that I've got lots of phone numbers from them but I don't text much with them as I keep it professional and polite, which I've always been that way.
edit on 19-11-2015 by anobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

LOL!

Lookie here hahaha

Probably got that zinger out of "The Game" haha. A book all Alphas read.
edit on 19-11-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Get a really cute puppy ?!

Buhahahahahahhahaha!

Home run!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I hear women like a sense of humour.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Why are you so afraid?

rejection is a part of the whole experience... IF you're afraid of it, theres really no point unless you look like a movie star or have a fantastic physic...

Yes Muscles mean everything in "dating"... you don't even have to be a nice person when you have the bod, and this applies to both sex's

Girl 1

Attraction is huge... IF you're not attracted to her, don't waste your time... in the end you won't waste hers either

Girl 2

Awkward... that's a feeling you get from it... just go with it

Don't waste your time

Girl 3

long distance relationships rarely work... unless its something special

Girl 4 (current)

Another country?

Please see above... age doesn't matter its just a number, but if shes talking to you from another country, shes probably selling something

On another note, I'm not sure if anyone likes me in my college I go to, or wanting a relationship because I seem to always turn my head away from eye contacts from girls. One thing I can say for sure is that I've got lots of phone numbers from them but I don't text much with them as I keep it professional and polite, which I've always been that way.

lack of eye contact is a red flag... it means you're afraid of them...

Its absolutely necessary, but again this isn't a staring contest...

look her straight in the eye for a second, and make sure she sees you casually grin... then look away while still grinning...

confident cuteness...

and get on those texts IF you're interested in these people that have your number...

Your foot's already in the door if they have your number

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
But again at the same time I think, is there anything I should be offering? Money? My level of education? Career? (which I'm working on)

a reply to: Akragon

I think my school counsellor definitely noted that I'm afraid of being hurt.
edit on 19-11-2015 by anobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Get on eHarmony dude....I used to be you too...Can never approach a woman directly, have no game or confidence in that area, was very depressed and alone for a long time...spent some time on match.com and tried to directly contact about 25 women with no luck...got on eharmony and started having plenty of chicks contact me....I met my fiance on eharmony and have had plenty of awesome and not so awesome dates....

Doing what you're presently doing( Sitting around being negative and depressed will not change your situation) If you want something to change you have got to change and its starts with your thinking then your actions...

What have you got to lose ? Nothing....get out and try itreply to: anobody

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I think my school counsellor definitely noted that I'm afraid of being hurt.

Doesn't it hurt having little to no female companionship because you're afraid to try?

Admittedly there is no greater pain then heart break...

but loneliness might be close

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: anobody
But again at the same time I think, is there anything I should be offering? Money? My level of education? Career? (which I'm working on)

lol .. Nope .. Maybe care .. And your account number and your mothers middle name. that should be plenty

You are so complicated fvck

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

originally posted by: anobody

lol .. Nope .. Maybe care .. And your account number and your mothers middle name. that should be plenty

You are so complicated fvck

Haha I guess I think a lot. I'm so used to overthinking. Sorry!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ok I will review the options and try to change my mindset and my behavior.

Thanks guys.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Beer helps too btw...

the cause of, and solution to all of lifes problems

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Beer helps too btw...

the cause of, and solution to all of lifes problems

Yes I drink beer sometimes, but I don't want to damage my stomach system too much lol

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Dude are you frigging serious

Plenty of fish .com if you put up 27 yr old virgin there wanting broken in please they would be breaking down the door to get at you

ps have a drink
did great for my shyness

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

LMAO!

the very thought of a virgin on POF...

but you may be right

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Sometimes, you just gotta make a go for it - I'm 25, and still have yet to find that one girl (well, not the one I originally had a crush on; I was six years too late). Like most have said before - go out to somewhere new, and try to chat with several different girls.

Make sure whatever you participate in is something you already enjoy, or something that you want to learn. I've met several amazing people just by playing in my community band out here.

Another tip that I'm in the process of swallowing myself - Don't over analyze: When I was struggling to tell a girl I liked them, my friend said to have a beer, then ask. The reason being, some of us introverts tend to like to analyze the situation and then react; beer can help to slow that process down. A good example of this is that if I think about playing the violin, suddenly both of my hands will freeze up and I can no longer play. But if I focus on the sound, and not what my body is doing, I play fine.

Finally - don't rush! Again, another hard pill for me to swallow. Chances are, most will want to start as friends. Get to know them, and then see.

-foss

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Sweetie you need to remedy this abstinence forthwith. ASAP. Don't "cautious" yourself into a lonely prison. Your 'stomach system" will be fine. And so what if it gets upset? Its worth it and you'll get over it.

You know the Nike motto. : )

* Wait! I know this is absolutely none of my business, but I noticed you said "counselor". As in school counselor?
If you are lying about your age and still in high school, then sit tight. Forget the beer. Nature will take it's course.
College is awesome, in all kinds of ways. : )

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join