It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragon Ball Z: The Fall Of Men

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Just watched this on youtube today...

It is a fan fiction/fan made short film of the events that take place during the earlier episodes of the DBZ anime series.
I would love to hear your guy's thoughts on the video... I do know it blows DBZ Evolution out of the water big time. I just wish that they spent a little more time and money on the CG effects but nonetheless I think it is really great for a low budget youtube short.

Anyways have a watch and comment away!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well, it was a great attempt. Production and design are excellent IMO. Its the actual fighting style and choreography I have a problem with. They need to speed those attacks up dramatically to be legit DBZ. And some more variation. Get some real fighters from the local MMA gyms to put on a much nicer performance.

I love where they are going with it though. If only they had access to wires man. Cell looks badass, but he should talk. Also not a fan of the entire thing narrated in 3rd person. I much prefer actual dialogue between characters. So they will need a script writer as well to improve. These guys have any crowdfunding going on?? I think they have the right vision for a respectable full feature production of DBZ short.

So we just need a script writer for some juicy dialogue, a handful of MMA or jujitsu guys to volunteer or take some payment for some nice fight scenes and we are good. I think the CG is tops! But we need special effects as well with some improved stuntwork.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I'm only a few minutes in but it's looking quite good so far. It's ashame hollywood can't make a DBZ movie like this, the only mainstream live-action DBZ movie I know about was a total pile of crap. These fan films are much better because they actually know what the fans want to see. I recently came across another fan made live-action DBZ short film on youtube a few months ago and it's pretty awesome. You've probably already seen it but I'll post it anyway for those who haven't:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If you've watched that latest superman film it is the closest thing to dragon Ball z you can get. If they could get the director to do it it will be one of the greatest movies ever. It has all the elements and the fighting is as close to dbz you can get.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

this is true and was my exact thought when I first watched the movie. Second in line was the battle between Agent Smith and Neo in Matrix: Revolutions . That was where my benchmark was until Man of Steel was released.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist
Exactly. Very true indeed.
But everything about superman is dragon Ball z.
Pod sent to earth, family member threatening to destroy the earth if he doesn't comply, the actual fight scenes are perfect replicas of dbz fighting style with power level gains. Best example is when the woman attacks 4 people within a second...slick and perfect for the next dbz film. I'm worried the director won't do it cos it is very similar methology. Oh and plus riding animals in an advanced civilisation (which actually annoyed me but perfect for dbz)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

you know I had only looked at the parallels in the fighting styles, but now that you mention it there are many shared characteristics. Dead world and so on. The story of Superman is quite old though, perhaps it imparted an influence on the original creators of dragon ball?? The similarities are too close to ignore now.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist
I agree, I think it is an Asian adaption of superman. Just alot cooler. I always thought lung power was overrated...lol

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Just watched it...amazing location cgi, good references to the general story line but no faith in the actors, no script, ruined cell and super saiyan look, poor fighting. Dissapointing for the amount of effort put in. Couldn't even be arsed to make the characters look like the originals. It's a shame.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Not bad for a live action DBZ. I hated DBZ evolution seemed cheesy. Being a massive fan of the series from childhood I would watch more of these if they made em. I am so happy with Dragon Ball Super picking up events after Z. I was not a big fan of GT and I am happy they are reworking the series future.

Beerus is the best. pretty funny character.

a reply to: EternalFire

edit on 19-11-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join