It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia's Big F U to Australia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Am I missing something here, I must be because I don't understand the outrage.

After all the tears, tantrums, and lobbying from Australia, and around the world to save Andrew Chan And Myuran Sukamaren from the death penalty, and people from all around the world lobbying to stop the death penalty, your now accusing Indonesia of sticking it up Australia because they're putting a moratorium on death penalty and not killing anyone.

Come on seriously, why be insulted by that ?

Going ahead with those executions most likely has been a very costly exercise for them, there were many really peed of individuals, business people, and politicians in not only Australia, but around the world.

Exports, imports, tourism and just general goodwill may have had an effect on them financially.......maybe it is what they're saying and they realise they need to change and move forward.

I may be proven wrong on my views in the future, but I think it's a win for humanity, and all those executed dead individuals that ATM they're not killing people who don't really deserve to die.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
OH, it's the Indonesian downturn of their economy that fueled the decision. I get it now. The corrupt officials were losing their kickbacks from their normal sources so they want to expand into the lucrative drugs market. But they can't do that if they are killing all the drug runners.
So the answer is stop killing the drug runners and tap them up for protection money.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Rather than an FU to Australia, perhaps rationality, liberalism and moderation are asserting themselves in Indonesian politics?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metropolis1927
Am I missing something here, I must be because I don't understand the outrage.

After all the tears, tantrums, and lobbying from Australia, and around the world to save Andrew Chan And Myuran Sukamaren from the death penalty, and people from all around the world lobbying to stop the death penalty, your now accusing Indonesia of sticking it up Australia because they're putting a moratorium on death penalty and not killing anyone.

Come on seriously, why be insulted by that ?

Do you think they made this decision only in the last month?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Just so people are Clear on this.

The "Bali 9" of which 2 were executed, Were NOT smuggling drugs to Indonesia from Australia.

They were the 2 Masterminds, who employed 7 "stooges", to traffic drugs FROM Indonesia to Australia.

They had done it multiple times before apparently...they are drug dealers.

Indonesia has tough Drug Laws, They knew the Laws, they broke the Laws.....case dismissed.

The other 7 are still in jail in Indonesia, from memory, they were the couriers, not the masterminds.

Unfortunately the OP title is Wrong.......Its the West that has given Indonesia the FU, they not the West, has bowed to pressure.
Yes i would think that many Whiteys have put off their trips to Indonesia, affecting their economy.

Of course the Indo Police have been known to "Plant" stuff on dumb whiteys, and then extract a nice "Fine" in cash thankyou..straight away.....

The joys of a, still, corrupt, overpopulated military junta.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Chadwickus

Wow that's pretty #ed up, I was upset over that story quite a bit and wanted to spread American democracy and freedom over there because of it . However this is a slap in the face they shouldn't of executed them over drugs and now this unbelievable.

Bwahahahaha...no seriously..you are joking right??

American democracy and freedom...2 party system decided by the wealthiest and capital punishment in some states plus the most per capita criminals...what have the Indonesians do to deserve that he'll on earth!

edit on 20 11 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join