It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia's Big F U to Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Just read that the Indonesian government has put a moratorium on executions, basically stopping them altogether. They say it's due to an economic downturn. It's probably true in part, but I can't help but think this is the Indonesian government giving Australia the middle finger after the hoopla back in April over the two Aussies who got executed..

Wankers.

mobile.abc.net.au...

edit on 18/11/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Wow that's pretty #ed up, I was upset over that story quite a bit and wanted to spread American democracy and freedom over there because of it . However this is a slap in the face they shouldn't of executed them over drugs and now this unbelievable.
edit on 18-11-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned they get that big F U right back, I will never buy their crap and will never go there and spend money....

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Yep after all those appeals and pleas made by lawyers, human rights activists and the PM to stop executions, they now stop them due to a struggling economy...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

This is most definitely a slap in the face and an attack on one is an attack on all, and quite frankly that government deserves whatever is coming to them, we don't execute people for drugs or by a firing squad # them and the horse the rode in on, that's how I felt and how I still feel about that government using Australian lives as a way of flipping off the west and primarily Australia!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Well, I am just across the border, and I can tell you, that the current Indonesian government is menace, when it comes to human rights...

There is also the issue of West Papuans straight up been killed and tortured by the Indonesian Army and nobody seems to step up to this inhuman acts.
Free Papua Movement

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Indonesia has every right to carry out capital punishment
for crimes it considers deserve that punishment .
It is a sovereign , Muslim country that has strict laws
regarding heavy drugs .
I don't see how a downturn in the economy could affect
any decisions regarding this stance.
I guess there's not so many junkie tourists now ....

However , your attitude in no way influences their decision
making process . If you visit there , have some respect for the local
laws and customs , you might learn a thing or two !

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Indonesia are free to do as they please.
I believe they have ended capital punishment based on those Australian drug smugglers who were executed.

Remember those criminals went into that country knowing the penalty, so as nasty as it sounds, serve them right.
Thats justice

Now the death penalty is over and probably because of those executions, expect more drugs.
Oh and it was the Aussie Police who told the Indonesians that those two criminals were smuggling drugs, those Aussie cops knew those smugglers would be killed.

Stop blaming the Indos, let the blame lay where it should, with the two men who tried to make a fast dollar, trading in misery

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: radarloveguy

Oh, you should have said!? Oh, that's all alright then.

Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Or.....

Because there was a big outcry over some Indonesian citizens of who were executed by Saudi Arabia. They learned how it feels when the shoe is on the other foot.

I say don't be mad, be glad. They might have actually learned a lesson.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Exactly what we were all saying, the executions were all about politics and nothing to do with justice. So convicted drug smugglers now don't get executed, and that is justice, but they did till a few months ago and that was justice? What a corrupt country, but that isn't news to anybody.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Stop blaming the Indos, let the blame lay where it should, with the two men who tried to make a fast dollar, trading in misery

Who was blaming the Indonesians? Everyone said the same thing as you, except they added this bit "but those guys have changed so much and are really doing some good work in there".

They were executed for being reformed by Christianity, had they become devout muslims instead they would have been given a commuted sentence.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Why cant Australians just you know....stop smuggling drugs into Indonisia?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
we don't execute people for drugs or by a firing squad

But Indonesia did, the convicted drug dealers knew the penalty but thought as they were "Australian" drug dealers it somehow did not apply to them! They thought wrong.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That's not really the point here though..

I was and still of the opinion that if you break the law in a foreign country, then don't complain when you get caught.

BUT.

I find it hypocritical that Indonesia's hard line stance on executions isn't so hard line after all.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: crazyewok

That's not really the point here though..

I was and still of the opinion that if you break the law in a foreign country, then don't complain when you get caught.

BUT.

I find it hypocritical that Indonesia's hard line stance on executions isn't so hard line after all.

Just goes to show money can buy anything and even law is subject to its power

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

how is it a "fu Australia" if the executions have stopped. I find the death penalty abhorrent but respect each countries sovereignty in deciding their own laws.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

But Indonesia did, the convicted drug dealers knew the penalty but thought as they were "Australian" drug dealers it somehow did not apply to them! They thought wrong.

No, that was never what it was about. They knew they were going to get it from the start, what this is about is that after being told that their stance was hardline

originally posted by: Chadwickus

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

So what you advocate a regime change? - we saw how well the US was involved covertly in the late 50's in Indonesia.

Australia always backs down and tries for appeasement with Indonesia.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Balibo Five was a group of journalists for Australian television networks based in the town of Balibo in East Timor (then Portuguese Timor), where they were killed on 16 October 1975 during Indonesian incursions before the invasion.[1]
In 2007, an Australian coroner ruled that they had been deliberately killed by Indonesian special force soldiers.[2] The official Indonesian version is that the men were killed by cross-fire during the battle for the town. In the opinion of The Economist, the Australian government has never challenged this, as it was focused on developing relations with Indonesia

We even went so far in bribing Indonesians to turn back boat people

www.theguardian.com...

Indonesia and Australia are embroiled in a diplomatic row over allegations that people smugglers were bribed at sea by Australian officials to turn their boats around.
In a dramatic few days of revelations, the Indonesians have put on display tens of thousands of US dollars that it alleges Australia paid to smugglers in May and paraded a smuggler captain who detailed how Australian spies bribed him at sea to turn back.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Oh and it was the Aussie Police who told the Indonesians that those two criminals were smuggling drugs, those Aussie cops knew those smugglers would be killed.

Thanks for reminding me; I forget about that little scandal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join