It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How The US Screens Refugees

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
For those who are bigoted, afraid, misinformed, and uniformed about Syrian refugees coming to America just understand each and every one of them goes through a rigorous screening process that takes 18 to 24 months. No other country in the world has such a process and does this surprise anyone? Big brother America isn't just gonna let some refugees in based on their passports. So stop the hate, stop the ignorance, and accept the 10,000 refugees who will be here in two years.

Additional links,

www.msnbc.com...

www.nationalmemo.com...

edit on 18-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Republicans be Republicans.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Yea I agree they are coming like it or not but If we get someone like ben carson or Donald trump they might say the hell with that. saw A STORY HOW ben carson would refuse every refugee urbanpolitix.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Yes, politicians are the worst but this thread isn't an attack on republicans like Huckabee. This is for all the everyday people out there who are anti Syrian refugee and fear a terrorist may slip in amongst the crowd. Since the attacks ignorance and hatred have been at an all time high here on ATS so maybe after learning about this some people will take a deep breathe and relax.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This has been the melting pot.

Let there be melting!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Urbanbro

Both are idiots and Carson will never be president. I only hope Trump gets bored and starts another reality show instead of running his campaign. Either way, a president alone cannot stop them from coming.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

and fear a terrorist may slip in amongst the crowd.

Somehow i cannot blame them for this fear , rigorous screening or not .

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So, the refugees can't come here for two years? What if their country is stabilized in that time then, will they just go back?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Of course that thought is in everyone's head but just because it is doesn't excuse the amount of bigotry that's been shown these past few days. Politicians only worsen the cause by blatantly lying and spreading more fear.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Homelessness.
Hunger.
Under-educated.
Lacking medical care.

If being a bigot means I think we need to take care of the things above, take care of our own....

Before we take in people who are alien to our culture....

Then I'm a class A bigot.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Maybe you are, especially if you assume they're all gonna be homeless, uneducated, and the like. What makes you think they won't get a job, pay rent/mortgage, and have their own insurance?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
11 million illegals inside the wire....and you really believe our Gov goes through all that. lol.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Of course, and that's because there's a HUGE difference between an illegal Mexican immigrant and a Syrian refugee. I'm not going to list the difference because it's that obvious.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Both are fleeing to a better life because where there at is crap central. If it wasn't crap central they would still be there. Be it bombs and cival war or gangs and drug cartels...not much difference really. I also never labeled them Mexican as you did. I simply said Illegals, be it whatever nationality they are. a reply to: Swills

edit on 18-11-2015 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
screening process? wow impressive. now only if there were a psychological screening process because i hear that psychopaths/sociopaths are actually pretty good actors.
edit on 18-11-2015 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal, was unaware his state was receiving Syrian Refugees until he watched the news and saw it on television. This prompted a letter to federal authorities and to President Obama.

Similarly, it appears the Louisiana governors office found out that at least one of the Syrian refugees just left town shortly after being settled – again by watching TV. No-one knew where he/she was located.

WBRZ has reported that Catholic charities helped the refugee who settled in Baton Rouge, but also said the refugee left for another state after a couple of days, and they currently do not know where the refugee went since they do not track them.

“We’re at the receiving end,” Chad Aguillard, executive director of Catholic Charities, says. “We receive them, we welcome them into our community and help them resettle. There has been a lot of commotion and fear with Syrians. The fear is justified, but we have to check that against reality.” (link)

A bit confounding.

theconservativetreehouse.com...
edit on pm1130pmWed, 18 Nov 2015 21:26:07 -0600 by antar because: link

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
November 14, 2015

The Honorable Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20500

Dear President Obama,

In the wake of another round of appalling terrorist attacks, I write to express great sadness at the events in Paris, as well as my grave concern about the unreported diffusion of Syrian refugees in the United States.

Last week, the city of New Orleans began receiving its first wave of Syrian refugees. As with former immigration crises and federal relocation policy, Louisiana has been kept in the dark about those seeking refuge in the state. It is irresponsible and severely disconcerting to place individuals, who may have ties to ISIS, in a state without the state’s knowledge or involvement.

As Governor of Louisiana, I demand information about the Syrian refugees being placed in Louisiana in hopes that the night of horror in Paris is not duplicated here. In the wake of these atrocities, I also ask for details on the below:

What level of background screening was conducted prior to entry in the United States?
In light of the fact that some of those responsible for last night’s attacks held Syrian passports, what additional protections and screenings will be put in place?

Will all Syrian refugees seeking relocation in the United States now be cleared by the Terrorist Screening Center?
What degree of monitoring will be sustained after initial placement in Louisiana?

As Americans, we embolden freedom and opportunity to the rest of the world, but by opening up our borders and refusing to collaborate or share information with states, you are threatening that reality.

Mr. President, in light of these attacks on Paris and reports that one of the attackers was a refugee from Syria, it would be prudent to pause the process of refugees coming to the United States. Authorities need to investigate what happened in Europe before this problem comes to the United States.

Sincerely,
Governor Bobby Jindal (Source Link)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Whoopsie – Missing Syrian “Refugee” Found In Washington DC…
Posted on November 17, 2015 by sundance
The case of a missing Syrian Refugee who arrived in Louisiana reflects the weakness within the White House/State Dept. claim that security threats are not likely. A recent Syrian refugee who was settled by Catholic Charities in Baton Rouge just disappeared.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I really have to point this out?

Geography, not crisis.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111
What does being a psychopath have to do with a two year process?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join