It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello to all, I've been expecting you...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Greetings,

Long time lurker here making my first post. I have been reading ATS since about 2008 or so. I stumbled upon it after my participation in internet affairs was declining during that time for various reasons. ATS ended being one of the few websites I visited for entertainment purposes, mainly because there seemed to be a very mature intelligent community operating on here. Then, things slowly changed...

A few years later, I had an experience that humbled and creeped me out. I decided to get on ATS and make an account to share that story, only to find that I couldn't because first I would have to make a few replies before being allowed to make my first posting. Since I'm not that type to just start mass posting, this put me off sharing my story at the time since I couldn't do it right away and I was pretty busy during that time. I kind of have a certain respect for ATS and I knew that if I was to post replies, they would have to be something that actually adds the to the conversation and not just be one word responses or something.

Fast forward to now, I've had more time to spend online and have decided to become more active in discussions and such. Instead of silently judging or praising posts, I should at least take part & maybe help achieve greater understanding.

As for me, I've always been a conspiracy nut. Grew up watching X-Files as a wee lad. Always believed in Aliens, saw a UFO during my high school days, sadly obsessed over 9/11 for a while to trying to understand what happened. Became cynical, but smarter about the world than the average person. Always loved reading about history and its purpose, hate memorizing names and dates so didn't necessarily always do my best in school. Always been into video games, started with the original Nintendo playing Mario Bros. Recently started a YouTube channel to capture my gameplay for years to come since switching over to Windows 10 showed me that some games are in danger of going extinct!

I'm pretty realistic in my views and am open to new ideas and suggestions. I don't immediately think every event on the news is staged like some people, or that all super famous people are drinking blood out of goat skulls with the Rothschilds on the weekends. But I do think there is an element of truth in most of the lies that are told on a daily basis and it's up to us to piece them together, which I think is why a lot of us are here.

So Hi ATS, thanks for stopping by.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Vulcanelli
Welcome aboard and I'm looking forward to your story!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Take a flag from me and welcome fellow De-Lurker.

Meanwhile will we get to see you post the thing that got you to want to post in the first place?

As for being cynical I think the supertramp logical song hits it about right... if you got it in your library take a listen or youtube it (I am not a fan of making links double so to copyrighted stuff only when it is a necessary evil)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Welcome to the nuthouse!

Cool avatar btw...

Can you give us a little clue on what your story is about? You got me all excited now!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

A few years later, I had an experience that humbled and creeped me out.

Creepy, humbling experiences are the best.

ATS welcomes you and them.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Enjoyed your OP, will try to keep an eye out for your first thread.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Hi! I am relatively new to ATS as well. Welcome! I would like to see your YT channel sometime. I think there are several appropriate & inappropriate ways to share links to our own websites on ATS. I would research how to do it properly first.

(post by WilliamRusso removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Friend or foe? You're not of the hidden hand variety are you? Huh? Huh?

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone for welcoming me with open arms! I apologize for not posting sooner but life happens & I am now getting back to working on my comp.
I will be posting my story soon if any one is interested. But just a head's up, it's nothing amazing, just weird and slightly creepy! Would hate to hype it up and let you guys down

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Welcome I'm curious to hear your story.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hey guys! So I posted my strange story up in the paranormal section & I figured I'd post a link to it here for anyone that is interested:

A strange personal experience I had...

Also, if you are into game streaming, I'm not sure what's the proper way of sharing personal links. As I understand it, I have to have been around for a while before I can start promoting my own material. I guess you can try to PM me for my YouTube name or I can post it here

top topics

join